New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Shadowspire Arena Size Declining
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Damn, down to 29 teams.

Crying or Very sad

In general, do you see a slowing of interest these past few months?

A year ago there seemed to be lots of fire & passion. (some good some bad) but it has tapered off.

Where did Deke go? He came in, got alot of interest going, then what? Did he slink off because his contest came under fire? Sad if true. Has anyone actually talked to him and asked why he has disappeared?

I actually like the no-tournament arena idea, if I had the time and alittle more cash (too many home improvement projects) I would jump in.

In the mean time, I'm still in 31 & HomeGuard. Is there going to be a split after this mail-in? If so, come on over to Homeguard and join the fun.

Good luck in 81!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Woody
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be back next turn.

Things have been very busy recently and my attention has been elsewhere.

_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Damn, down to 29 teams.

Crying or Very sad

Maybe you should try a new cologne, I know thats why I dropped out. Wink Well, that and the fact that my team stunk on ice. Crying or Very sad

I have a new team ready to return, now I just have to do it. Rolling Eyes

Indimar
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is down a little, but remains one of the best games in Alastari. There are also a lot of us who seem destined to stay. It remains a great arena!

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Nomad. I love this arena and will be in it for the long haul.

I'm losing interest in the tourney laden arenas. I understand the fascination with the dominant arena success that comes from tourney-tanked warriors--check out my squad of tourney loaded culprits in 47. But there is something special about 81 and 83.

I know if someone beats me in there, it wasn't any hidden FE working for them. It was a collection of good challenge/avoid, a decent design, or even perhaps a good strategy with a little luck. I like this aspect of the game.

I also believe that people are more inclined to run less "tourney worthy" designs in there that bring back a little old flavor to the game. I just graduated a WS in there at 19-2. He wasn't anything that would make anyone look twice, but he will go down as one of my best. I got my invite at 20 arena FE with no tourney experience. I felt as much satisfaction from that accomplishment as I do when I get a TV in the tournament.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

I'm losing interest in the tourney laden arenas. I understand the fascination with the dominant arena success that comes from tourney-tanked warriors--check out my squad of tourney loaded culprits in 47. But there is something special about 81 and 83.

I know if someone beats me in there, it wasn't any hidden FE working for them. It was a collection of good challenge/avoid, a decent design, or even perhaps a good strategy with a little luck. I like this aspect of the game.

I also believe that people are more inclined to run less "tourney worthy" designs in there that bring back a little old flavor to the game. I just graduated a WS in there at 19-2. He wasn't anything that would make anyone look twice, but he will go down as one of my best. I got my invite at 20 arena FE with no tourney experience. I felt as much satisfaction from that accomplishment as I do when I get a TV in the tournament.

Well said.

Congrats on Copernicus. He may not have been "tourney special," but that was a solid arena role-up. He will go down as one of the warriors to lead the arena through its first 20 turns. And now you get a nice new role-up that can face the pile-up of warriors with 21 FE! But hey, at least you know who has that many!

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:

Maybe you should try a new cologne, I know thats why I dropped out. Indimar
The guy that looks like Homer Simpson in real life is giving me a hard time about my cologne. Well the bright side is at least I can change brands.

_Indimar_ wrote:
Well, that and the fact that my team stunk on ice. Crying or Very sad

Indimar
Glad to hear you're coming back. I need some easy wins to improve my record.
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
_Indimar_ wrote:

Maybe you should try a new cologne, I know thats why I dropped out. Indimar
The guy that looks like Homer Simpson in real life is giving me a hard time about my cologne. Well the bright side is at least I can change brands.

I have way more hair than Homer, but I can't deny a certain resemblance around the midsection.
_Indimar_ wrote:
Well, that and the fact that my team stunk on ice. Crying or Very sad

Indimar
Glad to hear you're coming back. I need some easy wins to improve my record.

Hopefully the new team won't be quite as easy to beat. And, as much as I hate to admit it, your record looks pretty good to me.

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

The fight between Copernicus and Burm was very entertaining, and frustrating from my side. They sized each other up with crits for 2 minutes and then you land 2 normal attacks to take the win, most frustrating. But, I should be able to master the top 10 now with most of the competition on the Isle...
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
The fight between Copernicus and Burm was very entertaining, and frustrating from my side. They sized each other up with crits for 2 minutes and then you land 2 normal attacks to take the win, most frustrating. But, I should be able to master the top 10 now with most of the competition on the Isle...

That is an impressive warrior you have there with Burm! When I saw they had matched up, I had this sinking feeling in my stomach. Luck was on my side that time. I will wait for you in ADM and we can rematch when they open a no-tourney Advanced arena.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Darque"]
Den wrote:
I will wait for you in ADM and we can rematch when they open a no-tourney Advanced arena.
That will probably be a long wait. RSI told me that an arena should have about twenty teams to be worth while. How long till there's 100 non-tourney warriors? That will take years. How many of the graduates will want to wait that long and how many will still be around to fight once a no-tourney Advanced arena is opened?
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would think it would be ok to fight your guys in ADM and simply not run them in tournies. Once enough managers have warriors with no tourney experience who want to form a non-tourney arena, I think you could simply transfer your warriors in.

Come to 105 for a while. The arena is small, and could use an infusion of new blood.

-Kellumbo
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:
I would think it would be ok to fight your guys in ADM and simply not run them in tournies. Once enough managers have warriors with no tourney experience who want to form a non-tourney arena, I think you could simply transfer your warriors in.

Come to 105 for a while. The arena is small, and could use an infusion of new blood.

-Kellumbo

You hit the score, right on the mark, my friend.

I've looked into the No-Tourney ADM possibility, and there were specific requirements that Lee was looking for: 15 managers and 50 warriors topped the list if memory serves me (there's a thread here, I'll bump it). Oh, and those warriors DO NOT have to all be from No-Tourney arenas, any warrior may attend if there are zero tourney fights on their records.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Kellumbo wrote:

-Kellumbo

You hit the score, right on the mark, my friend.

I've looked into the No-Tourney ADM possibility, and there were specific requirements that Lee was looking for: 15 managers and 50 warriors topped the list if memory serves me (there's a thread here, I'll bump it). Oh, and those warriors DO NOT have to all be from No-Tourney arenas, any warrior may attend if there are zero tourney fights on their records.

Money may keep me out of it, although I really like the idea. However, there were several managers who already had warriors that qualified that were not from 81 or 83. I know I do. Still, I suspect we will need more graduatesbefore that happens. But soon . . .

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
I was told the # would need to be closer to 100. Either way 50 or 100 that's still a long wait. Best case scenario would be a couple of years. I'd love to see it happend but I think the wait is going to be alot longer than most think.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum