New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Pre-final final scores
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having surgery on my ankle in 3 hours and I don't have my stuff handy but I can list some finals here:

First off to Soultaker:
Sorry you missed the last turn you had a good number of prizes coming. That being said it was fun having you kick my arse around the top end; and let me state publicly that although I, Street Legal, hate you I, the real life person, respect you greatly as a player and from experience as a person!!! If I can find a partner perhaps I can kick you around in ToGS?!?!?!

Death Lord is: Tourney Fluff
Top Warrior is: Tourney Fluff
Scum Master is (who else?): Manager (TP-Manager that is)
Top 11 warriors are:
LU LENNY
ST-KENNELWORTH
ST-TOURNEY FLUFF
ST BIGFATHAIRYDEAL
PS-TURD BUNGLER (nice last turn challenge LHI)
ST-SNOW
SL NOSEPICKIN NULN
PS-POS
ST-GAZREK
SL-INFERNAL
BA-I DIE SOON

It appears not only did the Andorians win but so did GQ!

I believe Shnapp Attack took top team!

When the drugs wear off I hope to get the final tallies up Shocked Confused

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Having surgery on my ankle in 3 hours and I don't have my stuff handy but I can list some finals here:

First off to Soultaker:
Sorry you missed the last turn you had a good number of prizes coming. That being said it was fun having you kick my arse around the top end; and let me state publicly that although I, Street Legal, hate you I, the real life person, respect you greatly as a player and from experience as a person!!! If I can find a partner perhaps I can kick you around in ToGS?!?!?!

Death Lord is: Tourney Fluff
Top Warrior is: Tourney Fluff
Scum Master is (who else?): Manager (TP-Manager that is)
Top 11 warriors are:
LU LENNY
ST-KENNELWORTH
ST-TOURNEY FLUFF
ST BIGFATHAIRYDEAL
PS-TURD BUNGLER (nice last turn challenge LHI)
ST-SNOW
SL NOSEPICKIN NULN
PS-POS
ST-GAZREK
SL-INFERNAL
BA-I DIE SOON

It appears not only did the Andorians win but so did GQ!

I believe Shnapp Attack took top team!

When the drugs wear off I hope to get the final tallies up Shocked Confused

I did not read where it said one had to run in the last turn. It sucks that I missed it but I still have the top warrior top wall of steel top parry lunger and iron man ??????????????

pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crap, pip won something...3 somethings actually, the end of the world must be approaching.......
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't looked but I hope you didn't sit out the last turn. I put a bunch of rules in concerning the final turn to force everyone to run on the last turn... I wanted to avoid people ducking challenges and whatnot at the very end.

Take a look a the the rules in the forum. I think there is one close to the top that states warriors must be active on the last turn to be eligible to have prizes applied to them. Also in each individual award class I tried to make sure that I listed that the winning warrior must be active on the last turn of the contest.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was stated in both areas that one must be active on the final turn to win ANY of the prizes. Not in those exact tems but it was stated, I even recall there having been discussion along the way to remember to be active on the last turn, Manager was one of the ones along the way to metion it. That's why I put my 3 guys on maintenance just before turn 19.

I apologize to you Soultaker because I fully intended to send you a PM to remind you to be active on the final turn (I was figuring you had the top PL as well) but I spent so much time trying to deal with work comp and tracking down the drunk driver's insurance, who hit and ran and destroyed my car, that I just did not get the chance.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
I haven't looked but I hope you didn't sit out the last turn. I put a bunch of rules in concerning the final turn to force everyone to run on the last turn... I wanted to avoid people ducking challenges and whatnot at the very end.

Take a look a the the rules in the forum. I think there is one close to the top that states warriors must be active on the last turn to be eligible to have prizes applied to them. Also in each individual award class I tried to make sure that I listed that the winning warrior must be active on the last turn of the contest.

We may have had our differences, and it seems we always will, but would you like me to contact Lee/Sandy regarding who won what (if your schedule is still frightfully busy) or would you just like me to post all, give my list of who I think won what, and then let you determine who won what and contact them yourself.

Either way is good by me.... and BTW I just had to dig at you on that Turd Bungler challenge; it's part of the game and I can't blame you; you saw a chance to get him into the top 11 and my guy was your first, or second, best shot at a win in the Champs so you took it. Any chance of a Kennelworth Turd Bungler rematch for next turn? I x2 challenge him you x2 challenge me? One for old times sake my hated "in-game" rival?

Thomas Jefferson
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You had to be Active on the Last Turn to Qualify for Prizes!

I Remember a couple of Hammer Contests one in Arena 33 where Prizes were not sent because someone missed the Final Round and the same with the Morya Madness that lasted 28 Rounds in Arena 28 [Slow Arena!] which equates to 2+ years!

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
LHI wrote:

We may have had our differences, and it seems we always will, but would you like me to contact Lee/Sandy regarding who won what (if your schedule is still frightfully busy) or would you just like me to post all, give my list of who I think won what, and then let you determine who won what and contact them yourself.

Either way is good by me.... and BTW I just had to dig at you on that Turd Bungler challenge; it's part of the game and I can't blame you; you saw a chance to get him into the top 11 and my guy was your first, or second, best shot at a win in the Champs so you took it. Any chance of a Kennelworth Turd Bungler rematch for next turn? I x2 challenge him you x2 challenge me? One for old times sake my hated "in-game" rival?

Thank you very much for all of your work scoring the contest. It looks like we worked on this together after all Smile

Lets post a complete list here so that everyone can have a chance to look it over and raise any objections. Then we can send it up. Or just ask them to look here. I still am not sure who won the AB contest! Post up the winners already!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem.

I believe my guys won TP ST and AB contests. For the AB I think Arroyo and me tied at 3 but I was ranked higher. I'm hoping to get it finished up tonight and I'll try to post it by mid-day tomorrow at the latest!

Thomas Jefferson
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really wish I had read the rules better. Here I sit in the winning alliance and the winning region and the only guy I can use my prizes on is about the scummiest scum I ever ran. Rolling Eyes

I guess it could be worse...prizes could be based on your actual contribution to the winning effort. Wink
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I really wish I had read the rules better. Here I sit in the winning alliance and the winning region and the only guy I can use my prizes on is about the scummiest scum I ever ran. Rolling Eyes

I thought LU-Bannor was your star? He ran.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
No problem.

I believe my guys won TP ST and AB contests. For the AB I think Arroyo and me tied at 3 but I was ranked higher. I'm hoping to get it finished up tonight and I'll try to post it by mid-day tomorrow at the latest!

CONGRATULATIONS STREET

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:

I guess it could be worse...prizes could be based on your actual contribution to the winning effort. Wink

You may be misunderstanding it a bit. Only active warriors or teams can win a prize. Having one the prize you can use it on any warrior as long as it's not a prize that states it must be used on that warrior like Top Warrior,Best in Style, Scummaster, etc.

That said the alliance award is:
• Top Alliance: Each manager gets one +1 bonus potion, a one time max damage for str/sz combo potion, and knowledge that HIS ALLIANCE RULES ALL OTHER ALLIANCES.

Region award is:
• Top Region: Each manager receives one +1 bonus potion, favorites knowledge of one warrior, and knowledge that HIS REGION RULES ALL OTHER REGIONS.

I don't see anywhere that you have to use it on a specific warrior

Like:
• Best In Style Warrior: These warriors may rearrange their bonuses to any area within style norms.

or

• Top 11 Warriors: These warriors each gain three skills and one time max damage for their size/strength combination.

These MUST go on the winning warrior. Your sets of prizes appear to be good for any warrior on the team!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
No problem.

CONGRATULATIONS STREET

Thanks Bro I'm not sure who won more head-to-head but it was fun crossing blades with you again. You had some REAL tough guys on this team.

GO WINGS!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:

It says contest prizes may only be used on living contest warriors owned by the winning managers that are active on turn 20. Prizes must be used before the team is transferred.

It's a bit vague but without commas between the phrase:"owned by the winning managers" the meaning is different then what you may have intended. The whole commas mean you can skip reading the middle part etc stuff.

The way it reads it seems to infer living contest warriors can have prizes applied to them rather than living and active warriors can have prizes applied to them. Or living contest warriors that are active on turn 20 (with the commas around the manager part.

I'm not going to argue it one way or another I'm just stating what it looks like to me.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum