New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 11-4-17-10-10-8-10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smug
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

11-4-17-10-10-8-10

11-4-17-16-16-9-11 Striker? With any luck he'll have Tremendous damage, and a will and wit increase should make for decent skill learns...but GEEZ he doesnt have much HP's. Any other ideas?

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smug wrote:
11-4-17-10-10-8-10

11-4-17-16-16-9-11 Striker? With any luck he'll have Tremendous damage, and a will and wit increase should make for decent skill learns...but GEEZ he doesnt have much HP's. Any other ideas?

The lack of HP is one of the best arguments for making this a striker, IMO. It could be a slasher probably but starting out, and on average for a long time after, that would be a slower fighter that still couldn't take a hit. Also, since those two styles, but especially striker, have a limited top end for competing anyway you won't lose as much by making this a burner. The plus for slasher is that init and att are better so it would fare better vs defensives, ~probably~.

Lungers have more use for HP's, but you could start it 12-4-17-16-16-9-10 LU and burn to 13/14-6-17-17-17-9-11 if you really want another option but I think probably this makes a better slasher or striker...
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool The big smart willful lunger looks good. You might want to go 11 STR, 5 CON, but what do I know? Rolling Eyes

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Question What say you GAMEOGRE?

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Toss up for anything you can count on, I'd say. Carry and endurance effect is the same, might nip into a better damage category with the extra strength point (with a borderline endurance situation the high damage can make or break a lunger's record, but again this one will hit hard either way) and I've been "conditioned" to avoid putting points into con unless they make a key difference in the design.

4 con starts with 18 HP, 5 with 20. At 6 con/17 will 23 HP or 7 con/17 will you get 25 HP. At low numbers a couple HP can matter more than otherwise, but this seems minor to me. I'd rather have the damage to start and throw a train or two at con after learns begin slowing down later if needed (and more because he's liable to want the endurance).

Either way you have the percentages with you to get great damage to start, but it's bound to be better odds with 12 str. The way I'm reading the charts you start to get a real shot at tremendous damage at 14 str as well.

Remember, if you choose lunger it's likely to be both middling slow and low on defense for the first few fights. (at 17 wit/17 will/ 11 DF it's fine, which means if you train them immediately and all goes well you can time for a shot at novices, the 15 extra skills from the burns make it pretty competitive going along with great damage, I'd think) So plan strategies accordingly. Although it's still more certain as one of the other styles, any break on roll-up (bonuses maybe, but certainly higher damage or good endurance to start or earlier than can be counted on) makes this a really good basic arena guy as a lunger. At worst, it should be fun and dangerous and shouldn't be a big drag on team record.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Especially with the idea of making a striker, why no low WL designs?
11-4-17-10-10-8-10 ->
15-4-17-16-11-8-13 ST or
15-4-17-16-11-10-11

This gives you the use of a battle axe for the early tourneys, pretty much guarantees great damage with a reasonable shot at tremendous. The endurance isn't that much different and shouldn't be a primary concern for a striker anyway. Train the WT to 17 sometime in the first 4-5 fights.

That'd the way I'd be looking at it if I was thinking short-termer anyway.

Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I'd have to second Sentinel's logic on that one.

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those might be better, at that. I was looking for the extra decise for striker or endurance/decise for slasher. If he only got great out of it, I'd prefer the way I set them up (likely to end up with great anyway and with some extra advantages) but if he got the extra damage for tremendous, well, that's a big difference...
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic