New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NonTOGS Teams
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pauly and I may not win it, but we are definitely in it.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Basically it was implied that Trav and other members of the FONZ are cheaters, liars, trying to gain an unfair advantage etc. This is total BS.

I agree 100%. It is total BS that it was implied that Trav and other members of the FONZ are cheaters, liars, trying to gain an unfair advantage etc. Some might have teased about it a bit but come on its TOGS. My teammate and I had one 0-10 turn over 5 years ago and we still never hear the end of it. We will be hearing about "collusion" for a decade. The FONZ just need to suck it up and accept the teasing they are going to get.
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Elephant wrote:
Basically it was implied that Trav and other members of the FONZ are cheaters, liars, trying to gain an unfair advantage etc. This is total BS.

I agree 100%. It is total BS that it was implied that Trav and other members of the FONZ are cheaters, liars, trying to gain an unfair advantage etc. Some might have teased about it a bit but come on its TOGS. My teammate and I had one 0-10 turn over 5 years ago and we still never hear the end of it. We will be hearing about "collusion" for a decade. The FONZ just need to suck it up and accept the teasing they are going to get.

Just to clear the air I have no problem with the tongue-in-cheek (or other places) over collusion and heaven knows I seen my share of chickens and goats. TOGS is all about sarcasim please continue that. I had real problems with different parts and that is not going to be aired anymore by me.

_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deleted duplicate post

Last edited by _sandman_ on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Apex wrote:
Now I might have missed something, but I don't remember the Consortium calling for them to be DQ'd. I was thinking it was JGW. Granted, I have no dog in this fight as I'm not playing, but this shit has went on far enough. It's getting pissy and it's making everyone that IS involved look like morons. Like I said, I might be wrong, but I don't this is the case.

I believe Consortium they should, "not only be penalized, but gone!"

Now with that said I did agree with him. My beef is not with anyone, and I've made my point clear privately. I choose not to talk about this any more. Nuln has made his point on the matter clear. Hopefully TOGS will go on.

If those who have decided to drop follow through I would say just cancel the contest, refund all the certs, and plan this for later in the year. Hopefully that will allow for things to die down and the alleged 'taint' to be dissolved. This might give others an opportunity to jump into the ring, say, after the summer F2F.

Time to move on. There is nothing to see here.

Why are you even posting about this? Where's your team in the contest? Other than the fact that you're one of Manager's toadies, you have no dog in this fight.
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_sandman_ wrote:
JGW wrote:
Apex wrote:
Now I might have missed something, but I don't remember the Consortium calling for them to be DQ'd. I was thinking it was JGW. Granted, I have no dog in this fight as I'm not playing, but this shit has went on far enough. It's getting pissy and it's making everyone that IS involved look like morons. Like I said, I might be wrong, but I don't this is the case.

I believe Consortium they should, "not only be penalized, but gone!"

Now with that said I did agree with him. My beef is not with anyone, and I've made my point clear privately. I choose not to talk about this any more. Nuln has made his point on the matter clear. Hopefully TOGS will go on.

If those who have decided to drop follow through I would say just cancel the contest, refund all the certs, and plan this for later in the year. Hopefully that will allow for things to die down and the alleged 'taint' to be dissolved. This might give others an opportunity to jump into the ring, say, after the summer F2F.

Time to move on. There is nothing to see here.

Why are you even posting about this? It's an open forum. Where's your team in the contest? Sitting on the sideline due to financial reasons. Other than the fact that you're one of Manager's toadies, you have no dog in this fight. I'm no more a "Manager toadie" as you are a Sentinel zombie. See insults can go both ways.

Now if people stop addressing me I will stop posting here about this issue. Please take it private with me if you have a problem.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I know you've all been patiently waiting for it, I think its time I finally weighed in on the subject...

First, I would like to say that being Manager's toady OR Sentinel's zombie is something one day I hope to achieve, and find neither an insult. Now, say if you said "at least I'm not one of The Greek Guy's Students!" well that would be insulting...

Secondly, Pauly - I washed my car yesterday, so bring it punk!

Thirdly, to all of you who asked that Soultaker stick around and not quit, are you people stupid?!?!?! Their team is REALLY good?!!? What chance do I have now of winning? Soulie, I personally think you were HIGHLY insulted and should quit... O_o

- Hombre (who drinks a lot btw...)
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Hombre you'll be in my school. just havent had a chance to get to everyone yet Smile Maybe I'll have you sit by Manager on the front row in class like a good little Ne...I mean student
TGG
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
Since I know you've all been patiently waiting for it, I think its time I finally weighed in on the subject...

First, I would like to say that being Manager's toady OR Sentinel's zombie is something one day I hope to achieve, and find neither an insult. Now, say if you said "at least I'm not one of The Greek Guy's Students!" well that would be insulting...

Secondly, Pauly - I washed my car yesterday, so bring it punk!

Thirdly, to all of you who asked that Soultaker stick around and not quit, are you people stupid?!?!?! Their team is REALLY good?!!? What chance do I have now of winning? Soulie, I personally think you were HIGHLY insulted and should quit... O_o

- Hombre (who drinks a lot btw...)

If you're drinking this early, then you are true friend of mine. Very Happy

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
drdaddy
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I probably shouldn't say any of this, but I am gong to. This is my first TOGS. That said, I played back in the 80's when the game first started for years and picked back up in 95 or so for about year or two. I am back playing now with my 14 year-old son, though I must confess that he has mostly lost interest and now it is just me. Would could debate the lack of appeal for the younger crowd but that has been covered in other forums.

This is a niche game. I read somewhere in another post that the only people who still play are those that have stayed with the game and those who come back after many years of not playing. That really bonds everyone who plays this game in some way. We are a unique bunch. I guess that is what makes all this arguing and infighting seem even more ridiculous and offensive. At best, it is like a dysfunctional family holiday dinner. I have never been to a FTF, but now that money isn't as big issue, I have entertained the idea of going. After reading all this silliness, I am not sure I ever really want to go to a face.

I am most definitely not the kum-bi-ya type, but I guess I had this idealized picture of the kinds of fellow geeks and oddballs that play this game (meant in the most honorable way). Now I am not so sure. Guess I expect too much. This conversation is not only distracting from my enjoyment of TOGS but also from the game altogether. I know there have been decades of alliances and squabbles that I know nothing about, but the tone of this conversation violates a fellow "nerd" code. That's wrong and that's a real shame. The disillusioned Gen. Ironcide/Jason
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:

Well if he bailed, you and elephant might have, and then we would all have no team to turn to for easy wins.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
pipthetroll wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
pipthetroll wrote:
Oh, thought this was gonna be topic covering the running of two teams in 60 by one of the TOGs managers, and their points for this turn not counting due to breaking the rules.

TOGS judges, can we get a ruling on this one?

If someone is running another team at the same time, they should not only be penalized, but gone!
(THAT'S OVER-COLLUSION!)

6/ 6 DEATH STUDS VII (301) 510 407 20 55.6
13/14 DEATH STUDS XII (602) 42 42 5 50.0

How about awarding me a few points since I got a matchup with a Death Studs XII warrior? It was not only a horrible matchup, for my guy, but took away (by way of a bad matchup that NEVER should have occurred) a shot at scoring points!

Wow, put that under stickied, but not read, the rules. That should be an instant DQ, IMO.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
How about awarding me a few points since I got a matchup with a Death Studs XII warrior? It was not only a horrible matchup, for my guy, but took away (by way of a bad matchup that NEVER should have occurred) a shot at scoring points!

read nulns post on page 6, you get 7 points.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drdaddy wrote:
I probably shouldn't say any of this, but I am gong to. This is my first TOGS. That said, I played back in the 80's when the game first started for years and picked back up in 95 or so for about year or two. I am back playing now with my 14 year-old son, though I must confess that he has mostly lost interest and now it is just me. Would could debate the lack of appeal for the younger crowd but that has been covered in other forums.

This is a niche game. I read somewhere in another post that the only people who still play are those that have stayed with the game and those who come back after many years of not playing. That really bonds everyone who plays this game in some way. We are a unique bunch. I guess that is what makes all this arguing and infighting seem even more ridiculous and offensive. At best, it is like a dysfunctional family holiday dinner. I have never been to a FTF, but now that money isn't as big issue, I have entertained the idea of going. After reading all this silliness, I am not sure I ever really want to go to a face.

I am most definitely not the kum-bi-ya type, but I guess I had this idealized picture of the kinds of fellow geeks and oddballs that play this game (meant in the most honorable way). Now I am not so sure. Guess I expect too much. This conversation is not only distracting from my enjoyment of TOGS but also from the game altogether. I know there have been decades of alliances and squabbles that I know nothing about, but the tone of this conversation violates a fellow "nerd" code. That's wrong and that's a real shame. The disillusioned Gen. Ironcide/Jason

I Do Not Blame You!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got to it MY BAD!

Here's my 2 cents, and I think most know I made a poor judgement statement about Sentinel sometime back:

I agree knowing that Togs was coming I'd have tried to make sure that team was long inactive but I also know he's a BIG time tourney player so what he would do and what I would do would differ on a timing aspect. I do not believe it was intentional but the fight had me scrambling through NLs saying wait I thought VII was his team ( anyone else get the arena 6 NL rather than 60 like me? dissapointing). As has been in the past so it seems to be now: I have said things where I later said "Oooh maybe the tone of my statement will be misconstrued" and I should've waited to send it and rethought how to word it. So it seems to be now. Settle back take a few days to ruminate and realize these are opinions, you cannot here tonal inflection of voice (and few of us can illiterate our feelings EXACTLY with prose) to judge the true meaning of a post, and let's move on with ToGS and let "Mighty Mite" have it in the spots.

After all who could possibly screw up something so bad as to write a spot reminding us not to run second teams and have it happen to himself??????????? That's a real "Oy vey" moment Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic