New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - HISTORY OF TOGS
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Craig and I are still trying to find out how we could have possibly lost that first one?

Was that the one were I got pissed because Travis downchallenged me and I quit so I hosed you guys???? Sorry about that.....

Embarassed

AMEN!!!!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Was that the one were I got pissed because Travis downchallenged me and I quit so I hosed you guys???? Sorry about that.....

I think that was TOGS 2. Travis downchallenged you? You need to read the DM 81 threads!!!

Quote:
His judgment has apparently increased over time whilst Manager's has apparently decreased...

I'm not going to demean Soultaker's accomplishments, but as for me, I think it takes talent to consistently place high in the TOGS standings with 5 different partners.
Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I think that was TOGS 2. Travis downchallenged you? You need to read the DM 81 threads!!!

It was only like 4 or 5 points and I deserved it. I didn't avoid him and I believe I was running my mouth like I usually did back then.... Laughing
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
Managerr wrote:

It was only like 4 or 5 points and I deserved it. I didn't avoid him and I believe I was running my mouth like I usually did back then.... Laughing

Back then ????????????????

Now that you are back, we look forward to hearing more of that "mouth". Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Back then ????????????????

Ouch! Sad

The Consortium wrote:

Now that you are back, we look forward to hearing more of that "mouth". Wink

Are you bringing your old geezers back to Arvat or are concerned about your winning percentage now that I'll be back. Razz
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I've never made any bones about it that I will down-challenge in several circumstances, one of them being "if I want to or need to" and you know that well as we've had this discussion. I am Free Blades in how I work and while I don't like to downchallenge and find chronic downchallengers repulsive, at the end of the day I will do what I need to.

I think TOGS is well set up in that downchallenging can be used as necessary as a tool, but that it is appropriately unrewarding, so you have to think long and hard about whether it's worth it.

The more important thing is to note how Mad Max quit in one of his "I'll run for 6 months then get tired of DM or find something more important to do" but tried to throw the responsibility for that at MY feet? <grin>

Joe, you know I love you like a... well, like a something. I honestly don't remember the challenge or anything about you leaving TOGS because of that. I sincerely hope that wasn't the case.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I've never made any bones about it that I will down-challenge in several circumstances, one of them being "if I want to or need to" and you know that well as we've had this discussion. I am Free Blades in how I work and while I don't like to downchallenge and find chronic downchallengers repulsive, at the end of the day I will do what I need to.

I think TOGS is well set up in that downchallenging can be used as necessary as a tool, but that it is appropriately unrewarding, so you have to think long and hard about whether it's worth it.

The more important thing is to note how Mad Max quit in one of his "I'll run for 6 months then get tired of DM or find something more important to do" but tried to throw the responsibility for that at MY feet? <grin>

Joe, you know I love you like a... well, like a something. I honestly don't remember the challenge or anything about you leaving TOGS because of that. I sincerely hope that wasn't the case.

Nah. It was probably the collusion.........

Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

Ouch! That's cold man. True, but cold..... Laughing

Sentinel wrote:

I feel the love Trav. It was so long ago that was how I equate it. I actually looked back on the fight and it was actually a 10 point TV up challenge. I was just being a whiny baby about my guy getting tooled on. Sad

I guess this is how rumors spread. If I had my facts straight this post would have been ignored like most of my other posts. Sorry Trav.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic