New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Questions?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're a new, returning or short term memory player and you have questions that aren't addressed in any of the stickys yet, please post them here and hopefully one of the game sages will respond.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Swiney - this whole concept was a great, great idea! Well done!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Swiney - this whole concept was a great, great idea! Well done!

Thanks! Hopefully you will share some of your extensive wisdom in all aspects of the game to really make this section invaluable.

ST
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I left the game the internet didn't exist much. Now, what are all these skill ratings (besides EXPERT thru ADV MASTERS and such). I don't understand how to figure all that and determine how to use the info.

There is suppose to be a Terrablood site somewhere that tells all this, I haven't been there yet, but how do you read all that info?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
When I left the game the internet didn't exist much. Now, what are all these skill ratings (besides EXPERT thru ADV MASTERS and such). I don't understand how to figure all that and determine how to use the info.

There is suppose to be a Terrablood site somewhere that tells all this, I haven't been there yet, but how do you read all that info?

Each rating follows a pattern of needing two more additional skills than the one before. Ergo:

Expert: 16
Adv Expert: 20
Master: 26
Adv. Master: 34
Grandmaster: 44
Arch Master: 56

And I think the last one is Blade Master. It is at 70 skills.

Terrablood can be found at http://www.terrablood.com

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

terrablood.com
read it ;it will help with you questions

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another question:

I went to the terrablood site and put the stats in and got my results, you get these comments next every skill group with a number. after that I went to the wit star sheet and compared. I'm assuming (dangerous) that the number next to the skill is the number added to the base and determines high or low order. but what gives the rest of the numbers?

I.E.: ATT: 13 Uses an unusual... being a 17 on the high order where did the +4 come from?

I.E.: #2 different warrior same skill
ATT: 9 has a very clever... being a 17 on the low order where did the +8 come from?

Speaking on the LUCK attribute, is that per skill or attribute or is it consistent for one warrior accross the board. I.E.: is he +4 on all skills and attribute or is bonused on somethings hosed on others and nothing on the rest?

Any thoughts or wagers?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, so I'm going to go with an example. Let's take the first warrior from your son's sheet as I designed him: 9-10-13-15-17-9-11 PL

We plug that into Terrablood's warrior generator and we get:

Quote:
fights using the PARRY-LUNGE style

is RIGHT HANDED

is INTELLIGENT

Ini: 8
Rip: 6
Att: 10 Makes very clever attacks
Par: 5
Def: 6 Avoids blows well
Dec: 7

If Normal endurance: He plans out every move he makes, seldom wasting any effort (low-order) - 6%
If Good endurance: Rarely wastes his endurance needlessly (high-order) - 45%
If Good endurance: He plans out every move he makes, seldom wasting any effort (low-order) - 54%

is SLIGHTLY UNCOORDINATED

(has NORMAL ENDURANCE) (91%)
has GOOD ENDURANCE (9%)

(NORMAL HIT POINTS)

CANNOT carry A LOT OF WEIGHT in weapons and armor

is VERY QUICK on his feet

(does NORMAL damage with each blow) (34%)
can do GOOD damage with a blow (52%)
does GREAT DAMAGE with every blow (14%)

What this is showing us, is what a completely normal version of this warrior would look like if you rolled him up.

He would start with 10 Attack skills, which means he would get his Expert in Attack after learning 6 more Attack skills (Ex is 16 skills) and his Advanced Expert after learning 10 total Attack skills (AdEx is 20 skills).

He will most likely start with Normal Endurance and Good damage.

However, every warrior is a bit different. They can get lucky rolls for endurance or damage. He could end up with Good endurance and Normal damage. Or Good endurance and Good damage. Or Normal endurance and Normal damage. All this is signifying is what is most likely to happen.

In addition to getting luck or unlucky physicals, warriors can be Ambidextrous (giving them +1 to Attack base), or be anywhere from -4 to +4 in most skill areas. There are exceptions. For instance, Walls of Steel can only be hosed/bonused in Attack or Parry. Their other 4 skills areas are always exactly like Terrablood spits them out. Strikers are the reverse; they cannot be bonused in Attack or Parry, but can be bonused in the other 4 areas.

The wit statements and other clues on the rollup can tell you whether or not a warrior is bonused or hosed before he fights a single fight. In this warrior's case, if you rolled him up and he had the statement "Has an unusual fighting style that confuses many opponents" INSTEAD OF the predicted "Makes very clever attacks", it would indicated he only started with 7-9 Attack skills instead of 10, so you would know right away if he were -1 to -3 in Attack. Similarly, if you noticed a statement that read "With a very aggressive and clever fighting style", that would tell you this warrior had an Init base of 10-12. So you would know immediately that he was +2 to +4 in Initiative.

Once you learn a bunch of skills in each skill area, you will discover these things anyway, but the comments on the overview provide clues for figuring out ahead of time, which can help you decide whether to run a guy or send him to the Dark Arena for those borderline cases, or might even help you decide how to run him.

I hope this has been helpful.

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was the most succinct I've seen skills addressed - this will definitely be finding its way into the New Member forum!

SwineTiger
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, so I'm going to go with an example. Let's take the first warrior from your son's sheet as I designed him: 9-10-13-15-17-9-11 PL

We plug that into Terrablood's warrior generator and we get:

Quote:
fights using the PARRY-LUNGE style

is RIGHT HANDED

is INTELLIGENT

Ini: 8
Rip: 6
Att: 10 Makes very clever attacks
Par: 5
Def: 6 Avoids blows well
Dec: 7

If Normal endurance: He plans out every move he makes, seldom wasting any effort (low-order) - 6%
If Good endurance: Rarely wastes his endurance needlessly (high-order) - 45%
If Good endurance: He plans out every move he makes, seldom wasting any effort (low-order) - 54%

is SLIGHTLY UNCOORDINATED

(has NORMAL ENDURANCE) (91%)
has GOOD ENDURANCE (9%)

(NORMAL HIT POINTS)

CANNOT carry A LOT OF WEIGHT in weapons and armor

is VERY QUICK on his feet

(does NORMAL damage with each blow) (34%)
can do GOOD damage with a blow (52%)
does GREAT DAMAGE with every blow (14%)

What this is showing us, is what a completely normal version of this warrior would look like if you rolled him up.

He would start with 10 Attack skills, which means he would get his Expert in Attack after learning 6 more Attack skills (Ex is 16 skills) and his Advanced Expert after learning 10 total Attack skills (AdEx is 20 skills).

He will most likely start with Normal Endurance and Good damage.

However, every warrior is a bit different. They can get lucky rolls for endurance or damage. He could end up with Good endurance and Normal damage. Or Good endurance and Good damage. Or Normal endurance and Normal damage. All this is signifying is what is most likely to happen.

In addition to getting luck or unlucky physicals, warriors can be Ambidextrous (giving them +1 to Attack base), or be anywhere from -4 to +4 in most skill areas. There are exceptions. For instance, Walls of Steel can only be hosed/bonused in Attack or Parry. Their other 4 skills areas are always exactly like Terrablood spits them out. Strikers are the reverse; they cannot be bonused in Attack or Parry, but can be bonused in the other 4 areas.

The wit statements and other clues on the rollup can tell you whether or not a warrior is bonused or hosed before he fights a single fight. In this warrior's case, if you rolled him up and he had the statement "Has an unusual fighting style that confuses many opponents" INSTEAD OF the predicted "Makes very clever attacks", it would indicated he only started with 7-9 Attack skills instead of 10, so you would know right away if he were -1 to -3 in Attack. Similarly, if you noticed a statement that read "With a very aggressive and clever fighting style", that would tell you this warrior had an Init base of 10-12. So you would know immediately that he was +2 to +4 in Initiative.

Once you learn a bunch of skills in each skill area, you will discover these things anyway, but the comments on the overview provide clues for figuring out ahead of time, which can help you decide whether to run a guy or send him to the Dark Arena for those borderline cases, or might even help you decide how to run him.

I hope this has been helpful.

Most definitly, but on other thing:
Lets take the WS who can only bonus/hose in ATT/PARRY. The question I have is if he (this WS) was Bonus +3ATT is he automaticly Bonused +3PARRY or is each skill given a bonus/hose modifier all its own? Can a WS be Bounus +3ATT and Hosed -2PARRY.

Does that explain my indepth question?

Gentleben

P.S. Sorry if this is more of a waste of your time, I just triing to understand just how far this game has progressed. You managers have definiletly compiled a bunch of info. I think that asspect might be a key point to draw and keep newbies. Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Most definitly, but on other thing:
Lets take the WS who can only bonus/hose in ATT/PARRY. The question I have is if he (this WS) was Bonus +3ATT is he automaticly Bonused +3PARRY or is each skill given a bonus/hose modifier all its own? Can a WS be Bounus +3ATT and Hosed -2PARRY.

Does that explain my indepth question?

Gentleben

The skill modifiers are independent of each other. So if your WS was +3 in Attack, it would have no bearing on his modifier to Parry. He could be +4 Parry, -4 Parry, or anywhere in between (with +0 or "mode" being the most likely, I believe). So yes, he can indeed be +3 Attack and -2 Parry.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
That was the most succinct I've seen skills addressed - this will definitely be finding its way into the New Member forum!

SwineTiger

Echo that! NICELY done.

SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I created a Sticky for skills related content used OAB's post so if anyone wants to add anything post it here or PM me. I also referenced the new sticky in the Dueltorial.

ST
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben - One other thing about those wit charts. The 17 you were looking at isn't the number of skills, that was the wit required for that specific statement. Pulling attack, for example, from the list gives this:

Quote:

=====================================================================
THIRD STATEMENT - ATTACK

high-order (10+ base)

21 Knows every weak and sensitive location to be struck on the human body
17 Uses an unusual fighting style, deadly to slower, less active foes
15 Makes very clever attacks
13 Landing blows on vital areas
8 He lands blows on less protected areas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
low-order (7-9 base)

21 Is always thinking of feints and ploys to be used in attacks
17 Has a very clever fighting style
15 Has an unusual fighting style that confuses many opponents
13 Makes clever attacks
8 Makes clever attacks

=====================================================================

That that means is that ANY warrior with 8+ wit starting with at least 7 and no more than 9 base attack skills will get the low order statement. The specific statement you receive is determined by his wit, which are the numbers on the left. The same applies to the high order comments, except that the warrior needs 10+ attack skills to get it.

So a 21 wit warrior with 7 base attack will get the statement "Is always thinking of feints and ploys to be used in attacks", while a 13 or 14 wit warrior who starts with 10 or more attack skills will get the comment "Landing blows on vital areas".

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum