New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Stormcrowe Slaughterhouse Final Standings
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LePentarque wrote:
You need more than +1 for a Kill, since the guy will get 4 easy bloodfeuds...

But going by these rules he can only get +1 per warrior for challenging that warrior. +4 total.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
LePentarque wrote:
You need more than +1 for a Kill, since the guy will get 4 easy bloodfeuds...

But going by these rules he can only get +1 per warrior for challenging that warrior. +4 total.

If someone can successfully bloodfeud an oppponent with 4 different warriors, they deserve all 4 points!

I think a warrior should get a +1 if they manage to call a win when someone else challenges them. (Bloodfueds, for example.) But still only 1 or two calls per turn.

If it is in Sunset, that's my home. I will be there so I might as well participate. And the Phantoms may well lineup for the next Slaughterhouse as well. We'll see where funds sit as the contest approaches again.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
JE
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats to the winners. Very nice contest. Sorry I wasn't more vocal during the actual contest. I've found that the more crap I talk the more I tend to lose, so I tried to keep a low profile. It seemed to have only slightly worked.

Oh and by the way....It is a little odd that a hardcore Andorian manager won the kill award. Take that Delarqs!!!

JE
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JE wrote:
Congrats to the winners. Very nice contest. Sorry I wasn't more vocal during the actual contest. I've found that the more crap I talk the more I tend to lose, so I tried to keep a low profile. It seemed to have only slightly worked.

Oh and by the way....It is a little odd that a hardcore Andorian manager won the kill award. Take that Delarqs!!!

JE

We figured out early on that killing in this contest wasn't the best idea unless you had guys far up in the challenger champs or vs teams that couldn't bloodfued Wink
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PS. In the future for this contest I would make the points for killing higher to encourage killing. +2 points was not worth not scoring for 4 turns of Bloodfueding. I would suggest +5 per kill if you challenged. +2 if it was random.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
PS. In the future for this contest I would make the points for killing higher to encourage killing. +2 points was not worth not scoring for 4 turns of Bloodfueding. I would suggest +5 per kill if you challenged. +2 if it was random.

If you want kills this is true. I did not want to kill in this contest. AND I was actually somewhat pleased when a marginal warrior got killed by a warrior I thought I could consistently defeat.

Of course, this is if you want kills.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
JE
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
JE wrote:

JE

We figured out early on that killing in this contest wasn't the best idea unless you had guys far up in the challenger champs or vs teams that couldn't bloodfued Wink

Yeah, I thought of that, but by the time I realized it my partner had went MIA. At that point I figured there is no way I can win the contest as a whole and the contest was called the Slaughterhouse....so I might as well Slaughter some fools, even at the expense of the overall standings and arena record.

JE
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque -

The possible Sunset contest might be in a year or so - after the Turf War. You probably don't have anything really planned yet, but do you have even a wild guess about when the Slaughterhouse might show up again in Stormcrowe?

I'm a fan of teams and tradition - now that I have a team started there, I want to keep it there. So the Phantoms will be my team for the next contest if I am able to participate. Knowing when (1 yr?, 2 yrs? 3yrs?) it might return would affect how I manage the squad. Even a guess that came within a year or so would be useful - afterall, you only get around 13 turns per year in a slow arena.

Any idea of a time-line?

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Crow
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have hoped to hold out to the end but unfortunately it was not to be. I'm not sure what happened to my partner at the end there, and I ran on maintenance the last 3 or 4 turns while I focused on real life stuff (New job, first house, yay!). I haven't decided yet if I'm sticking around in 45, but thanks for a great contest.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Darque -

The possible Sunset contest might be in a year or so - after the Turf War. You probably don't have anything really planned yet, but do you have even a wild guess about when the Slaughterhouse might show up again in Stormcrowe?

I'm a fan of teams and tradition - now that I have a team started there, I want to keep it there. So the Phantoms will be my team for the next contest if I am able to participate. Knowing when (1 yr?, 2 yrs? 3yrs?) it might return would affect how I manage the squad. Even a guess that came within a year or so would be useful - afterall, you only get around 13 turns per year in a slow arena.

Any idea of a time-line?

1 to 1.5 at the very least . That is accounting for a 10 turn 47 contest and some months to recover.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any thoughts on when this contest might run again?

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh yeah,

Yet, I will need a partner if it does.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic