New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Facebook
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
Nomad .... As for finding old managers .... Facebook is a darn good vehicle for that ... I know I am friends with at least 5 or 6 managers that no longer play , who are all on Facebook.

I shot them all messages to check out the group .... hopefull they will.

Did you shoot them two copies of your message? Laughing Wink Laughing
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:

As others have mentioned before, the key is less finding new managers, but instead recapturing those who have played but for one reason or another left.

While most will agree that your typical WoW teen is not going to rush out to buy stamps, I would like to think that there are some older strategy game fans that find MMOs too intimidating and don't have a lot of time on their hands who might be interested in D2 if the game was positioned correctly. I will concede though that former players are indeed our best bet...too bad Facebook doesn't have a search function for D&D-inspired nicknames.

SwineTiger
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
If you want to attract new people ... NOT posting a FTF video link would help ... Who wants to see 28 people in a hotel ballroom shuffling papers around?

LOL - true. That might drive ME away.

I was thinking of recording the fun, silly, camaraderie that takes place; showing the joy of victory and agony of defeat. Everyone likes schadenfreude!

And while I agree that it's easier to bring former players back into the game than to recruit new ones, I think both can be done.

I use Facebook for a couple of reasons:

1. To reacquaint myself with old friends.
2. To meet and network with people of similar interests.

Facebook can't solve the issue (of the declining number of players) by itself. It can, however, contribute by exposing the game to new (or returning) people. My goal is to bring 1 new manager into the game. If each of us have a similar goal, what a significant increase that would be!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

As others have mentioned before, the key is less finding new managers, but instead recapturing those who have played but for one reason or another left.

While most will agree that your typical WoW teen is not going to rush out to buy stamps, I would like to think that there are some older strategy game fans that find MMOs too intimidating and don't have a lot of time on their hands who might be interested in D2 if the game was positioned correctly. I will concede though that former players are indeed our best bet...too bad Facebook doesn't have a search function for D&D-inspired nicknames.

SwineTiger

Typical WOW teen?
You mean like Travis (The Sentinel, Death Stud) and Paul. (Nuln, Snuln)? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

SwineTiger

Typical WOW teen?
You mean like Travis (The Sentinel, Death Stud) and Paul. (Nuln, Snuln)? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Don't get me started. Too soon! Too soon!
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

SwineTiger

Typical WOW teen?

Name taking in vain shall be punished...

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

SwineTiger

Typical WOW teen?

And Tripwire, Otis and Kellumbo? Cool
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great, we're infested with them Wink
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't stand WOW. I still play EQ and EQ2 4-6 hours a week.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stil playing Dungeons and Dragons Online and enjoying it.
VVirik
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I, for one, have gone through many phases of online gaming over the years. However, as the years progress I find that I resent the time I spend camped in front of a monitor. I walked away from WoW several months ago, and I have been happier and more productive since.

When I am playing Duel2, I have all my papers spread out in front of me..... I am listening to music, and I am interacting with my family.

I still make time for to play my 360 but it has, of late, become less of a priority. I still love the Madden though. Look me up if you are on Xbox live: my gamertag is Dillhammer.

Long story short - I am glad to be a part of this gaming community. We have a good thing going here. If we can get some more people involved, then fantastic. If not, then we will soldier on.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
Stil playing Dungeons and Dragons Online and enjoying it.

I played DDO for quite some time. Actually our entire guild moved from that to WOW some time back. But we enjoyed both.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Great, we're infested with them Wink

Our DM house has always been well-infested! Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Currently taking a break, here, but when I do play an MMO, lately it's been either Warhammer: Age of Reckoning or EVE Online.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

SwineTiger

Typical WOW teen?

And Tripwire, Otis and Kellumbo? Cool

Hey even I have a "twinked" out Undead lvl 19 Warlock (Fireangel) that you'd have hated to meet at 4am in the Battle grounds. OK damn too much info right Rolling Eyes

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic