New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 54
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:

3-2 for me, which after the past few weeks, I'll take. My bloodfued didn't go thru, as the warrior I was trying to get to issued a bloodfued of his own. Smart move there, although tossing wins at Gentleben does kinda bum me out.

My wins bum you out, they must Really Bum you out when it is one of the IC that gives me a win. Just for record, that win over Volbeat makes it

Gentleben 6 - Iron Counsel 5

Kellumbo wrote:
Speaking of Ben, nice challenge and win on your part. I enjoy the smack talk, but like to think I give credit where it's due. Hopefully some members of the IC get ahold of that scum beater you have there.

Pinky's Pig Boy is a little anemic so the more Iron he can eat the better

Kellumbo wrote:
Nice to see new teams in the arena.

-Kellumbo

I too am glad to see the new teams and the return of some old teams(of course the old teams are just like new teams to me and I a new team to them)

Kellumbo wrote:

I certainly didn't make a personal threat. You sound all worked up.

-DK

You don't remember inviting me to the F2F to settle this F2F. You claimed you had other options than the ones I gave but then you never denied the threat either. So, to the public, it is still open for interpitation.

Nomad wrote:
Still unsure about the name (WEETODDIDBEN)

As you remember during OUR (Gentleben and DK) first barrage of forum banter at the onset of OUR fued, I (Gentleben) stated that DK was pathetic, and he (DK) responded by saying that I reminded him of the "Retards he dealt with in highschool" and then I insinuated that he was Gay. I thought that we had resolved that issue seeing as how I edited my statement and made a Public appolagy of the insinuation. DK has yet to make reference or apologize for the use of "Retard" and has further named his warrior RETARDED BEN

WEETODDIDBEN
WEE-TOD-DID BEN
RE- TARDED BEN

I will give you this, very clever using WEE to implicate me even further. I thought we had gotten past this immature behavior, I quess I was wrong.

But, I am winning the war 6-5 Laughing

Gentleben

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, ben, you are obsessed with DK, aren't you? What's next, DK voodoo dolls? DK wallpaper so you can scribble notes about how good you are so that you can forget your miserable 40% win rate?

Pathetic.

Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. Let me try to clear the air one last time.

Sometimes, it is easy to not interpret things correctly in text. Sometimes, it is best to have a face to face discussion. This was not a threat. If you or anyone else are taking it that way, you are wrong.

I find it annoying that I try to send some kudos your way for an intelligent challenge, and I get this long reply from you. Grats on 40% w/l.

-Kellumbo

PS. Coming to the summer face?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Ok. Let me try to clear the air one last time.

Sometimes, it is easy to not interpret things correctly in text. Sometimes, it is best to have a face to face discussion. This was not a threat. If you or anyone else are taking it that way, you are wrong.

I find it annoying that I try to send some kudos your way for an intelligent challenge, and I get this long reply from you. Grats on 40% w/l.

-Kellumbo

PS. Coming to the summer face?

When Gentleben made the comment about Tripwire and Kellumbo being lovers, you clearly stated something very close to "Let's settle this in person at the Face to Face." (I haven't searched out the exact quote)

While you can pretend that this wasn't a veiled threat, Chad, it very clearly was. The fact of the matter is, you crossed a huge line and somehow Gentleben was the one who apologized in that thread (at least twice). He made reference to your managerial personas being in a relationship; you called him out in real life. If you ask any impartial observer, I am certain they will tell you the same thing.

I don't know Gentleben and I have no issues with you on a personal level, Chad. But I think you very clearly have two options here:

a) You can continue to pretend that you meant something different by your statement than everyone believes and have you and your buddies attack anyone who makes a reference to it. In this scenario, you will appear to be an insincere bully.

or

b) You can step up and apologize for the misguided statement that you made in the heat of the moment, like the other party did in the previous thread. In this scenario, you will appear to be the good person that I'm sure you are and you will salvage some respect from me and anyone else who has observed this exchange.
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the best I can do is apologize that a statement I made was not taken as intended.

I will not apologize for something I did not do, nor intended to do.

As stated, sometimes things in text don't come across exactly as planned, thus my attempt to clear them up.

Take it or leave it, this is the best I can and will give.

-Chad
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me add that I've known Chad 20 years now (God, has it been that long?), and I don't think I've EVER known him to make a physical threat. It's just not his style.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ichabod wrote:
Wow, ben, you are obsessed with DK, aren't you? What's next, DK voodoo dolls? DK wallpaper so you can scribble notes about how good you are so that you can forget your miserable 40% win rate?

Pathetic.

I was thinking more like a picture on my dart board.

40% overall yes, but

54.5% against the IC
35.9% against non-IC

DK- I did hear your kudos and appreciate them, and up until the end I was quite funny, and you can go back up and read the part where I said you were clever.

Ichabod- My fight is not against you as I have told you in a PM, but you continue to your input into something that is none of your business. If you want to shut me up do a better job of beating up on my warriors. 50% is not going to scare me off.

DK- I don't have the time to make a face to face but you do know how to PM me.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, let me give this one more shot.

Ben: If you took what I said a few weeks ago as a threat, I apologize. It was not intended to be so, and if it came across that way to you, or anyone else, I do apologize. It was not my intent.

It is fun "in game" to play the Bad Guy. It seems to be the role I have fallen into in Duel2. It is a great contrast to how I am in Real Life.

I enjoy the banter back and forth we have, and while I say in the forums how much I would enjoy driving you from the game, in tears, cursing the day you ever heard of Duel2, in all honesty, it is fun having you around.

Well done on your recent success against the IC. I honestly did not think you would do as well. I still think over the long haul the numbers are going to catch up to you, and you will get tired of being hammered after a while, but that is what might happen, not what has happened so far.

Hopefully you'll reconsider making a ftf. We could meet up, drink a beer, and discuss things, face to face. Best wishes in the game. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

-Chad/DK

gentleben wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Pathetic.

I was thinking more like a picture on my dart board.

40% overall yes, but

54.5% against the IC
35.9% against non-IC

DK- I did hear your kudos and appreciate them, and up until the end I was quite funny, and you can go back up and read the part where I said you were clever.

Ichabod- My fight is not against you as I have told you in a PM, but you continue to your input into something that is none of your business. If you want to shut me up do a better job of beating up on my warriors. 50% is not going to scare me off.

DK- I don't have the time to make a face to face but you do know how to PM me.
JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Has my old pal Jekyll arrived yet? He said he'd be hear soon. Also, any word on The Consortium?

Cant speak for the Consortium but he said he'd reconsider. I will be in soon. I have put off signing up for Shadowspire as long as I can to avoid any nonsense drama, veiled threats, any pantywaists getting their feelings hurt, others trying to stir up stuff, some trying to be "unbiased observers" who in reality get a kick out of the pantywaists, etc, etc..., also the loudmouth newbies trying to make a name for themselves, and so on and so forth..... basically the reason we all got a huge kick out of Basic DM "back in the day" when we first signed up.

I also have followed the drama as an observer for awhile now (and going so far as to PM one of my old enemies from many a battle many a year ago to try to slow down/end any drama) and I find it ironic that my friends/alliance mates have been turned into the "bad guys". It is extremely interesting how public perception and others thoughts/actions have shaped my comrades into bullys, etc when in actuality it is far from the truth but I guess if you put it into print, repeat it over and over again than by God it must be true..... oh well........ I guess I will compare it to the liberal media but that is a different topic all to itself.

At any rate on another topic.... if the manager of AARP is online please PM me or get in touch with RSI.... if anyone knows the manager of AARP and can get ahold of him let him know as well. Manager of AARP.... the fine ladies of RSI have accidently mailed your turn to me, either request a reprint or PM me and let me know you wish for me to forward you your turn and I will be happy to send it your way.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am glad to see you two have patched things up. Sometimes things can get blown out of proportion via email or online forums. I love the rivalry you two have developed as it only makes this arena all the more entertaining. You both have embraced and excelled in your roles of "Arena Villain" and "Scrappy underdog" and it makes this game a lot of fun. I am glad to have you both around (although i'll be very happy when your Scum start graduating Kellumbo)!

Keep up the good work gentleman!

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, I guess you can move on, guys !
Kellumbo and Gentleben both issued some apologies and Gentleben is showing on the sand he is not a loud-mouthed rookie, so lets all enjoy our lively arena...

We all know that Kellumbo is a good guy in real life, and its kinda fun being authorized to DC on DCers, so lets be polite on the forums and violent in the arena Very Happy

So... lets deal with that Goonswarm menace Wink ...

And here is an ugly DC to consider : Growler (2-0-1) from Battle Grunts issued a -18 challenge on Croque-Mort (0-1) !! He lost so I dont mind, but that was surprising coming from somebody not in a feud against me (as far as I know ??)

Good luck to everyone...
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LePentarque wrote:
So... lets deal with that Goonswarm menace Wink ...

To that I say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F4Rx3hkWys (Ignore the ad at the end)

If I had any knowledge of video editing, I'd chop it at the 41 second mark and use that as my response. Sad

Ikillu
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And here is an ugly DC to consider : Growler (2-0-1) from Battle Grunts issued a -18 challenge on Croque-Mort (0-1) !! He lost so I dont mind, but that was surprising coming from somebody not in a feud against me (as far as I know ??)

No feud, just looking for the easy win. But it didn't happen.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:
Well, let me give this one more shot.

Ben: If you took what I said a few weeks ago as a threat, I apologize. It was not intended to be so, and if it came across that way to you, or anyone else, I do apologize. It was not my intent.

It is fun "in game" to play the Bad Guy. It seems to be the role I have fallen into in Duel2. It is a great contrast to how I am in Real Life.

I enjoy the banter back and forth we have, and while I say in the forums how much I would enjoy driving you from the game, in tears, cursing the day you ever heard of Duel2, in all honesty, it is fun having you around.

Well done on your recent success against the IC. I honestly did not think you would do as well. I still think over the long haul the numbers are going to catch up to you, and you will get tired of being hammered after a while, but that is what might happen, not what has happened so far.

Hopefully you'll reconsider making a ftf. We could meet up, drink a beer, and discuss things, face to face. Best wishes in the game. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

-Chad/DK

Appology accepted. Thanks for the kudos, I may not like your challange train of thought, but I have to respect your warriors. They are indeed hard and challanging to beat. To tell you the truth, you have actually made me a better manager for many reasons and one of those reasons is that you make me think.

I too enjoy having you in the arena, a worthy advisary is always welcome, and I believe that this arena has a bunch of very talented managers, so those that can capture any award in this arena should feel some sort of accomplishment large or small.

As far as the F2F, money and spouse are the major contributers to that desicion.

See ya on the sands

Gentleben

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is it always the turns that have replacement roll-ups in them that are late in arriving?

Dragonbane Guild(81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum