New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - what the "H" "E" double toothpicks!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No one posts on primus why?

Sincerely Purple SAGE

p.s. My intrest back in the day Primus was the goal. The target for your hard work. Aminimum of 5 years of commitment.
Scorpion
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:

Sincerely Purple SAGE

p.s. My intrest back in the day Primus was the goal. The target for your hard work. Aminimum of 5 years of commitment.

Years ago I cared. Now, no one does.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scorpion wrote:
PurpleSage wrote:

Sincerely Purple SAGE

Years ago I cared. Now, no one does.

All the "relevent" managers care deeply about Primus.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Primus is still one of the most fun tourneys for me. The arena isn't the same since a lot of people sandbag strategies but seeing your warrior compete among the greats is still a great thrill. My first Primus TC is still one of the highlights of my DM career as it's one thing I never thought could never happen to me since everyone was spending tons of money and using prizes on Primus, I would never beat those style swap AB's etc.

That said, because the Primus tourney is so small these days (like 50 people), the entry point is a lot harder. I have totally maxxed warriors that go 0-5 and there are only like 6 TV spots. Unlike the old days when you could slowly see your warrior improve into TV contention just because you had all 25's, your warrior might never stop going past round 5 before he totally maxxes out, which is demoralizing to a lot of people.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't understand why the bare handed Aimed Blow issue hasn't been addressed yet, it isn't like it would be that difficult too adjust.

All you have too do is require every warrior to start a fight with a Primary Backup weapon. If any warrior doesn't put down a Primary backup weapon on there strategy then they are automatically given a dagger.

Atleast then the bare handed AB issue is somewhat addressed. Anyone with bare hand as favorite still starts using there favorite and will do so until till they either pull out there backup weapon or there backup weapon breaks.

Yeah I know I am not even curently fighting in Primus so I should sit down and shut up.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
All you have too do is require every warrior to start a fight with a Primary Backup weapon. If any warrior doesn't put down a Primary backup weapon on there strategy then they are automatically given a dagger.

That actually would be funny, if only in the sense that all of the AB's would desperately trying to use the most breakable weapon in the hopes that it would break. Weapons like the Greatsword could make a comeback!

They actually could have implemented a fix for AB's but we wouldn't discover it because very few people are trying new strategies at that level. I mean Bare-Handed Aimers were in the game for like 10 years before someone finally discovered that....
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

That actually would be funny, if only in the sense that all of the AB's would desperately trying to use the most breakable weapon in the hopes that it would break. Weapons like the Greatsword could make a comeback!

They actually could have implemented a fix for AB's but we wouldn't discover it because very few people are trying new strategies at that level. I mean Bare-Handed Aimers were in the game for like 10 years before someone finally discovered that....

Well considering that a Greatsword can't be a backup weapon would make it very funny indeed.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Exactly thats why Visionist resurected me to takle care of this problem with one of my old skill burned slashers with minuses in each catagory. So give my 4 years and I'll have this problem whipped.

Sincerely Purple Sage
Till then one TC per Fighter at Primus level. Then retirement from Tourney's for 3 years?
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I mean Bare-Handed Aimers were in the game for like 10 years before someone finally discovered that....

and even then that was on a total lark

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I mean Bare-Handed Aimers were in the game for like 10 years before someone finally discovered that....

Really? I know nothing of this. How was this quirk discovered?
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Chief wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Really? I know nothing of this. How was this quirk discovered?

There weapon(s) broke of course. Then they probably tried a bare handed grudge match experimenting.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Primus and the Primus tourney have been dead for how many years now? Creating another quirk to fix a quirk is retarded. Plain and simple what you are suggesting makes absolutely no sense. The object of any company is to make money from there product and right RSI is actually losing money because of a quirk with bare-handed AB's. The longer it takes for it to be corrected the more money they lose.

Yeah Yeah Lungers dominated Primus before the Aimed blows, but they didn't have a quirk that made it so only certain Lungers could compete and it didn't chase away all of the other styles the way this bug has.

It's like a virus that continues to spread and is threatening to kill the entire ADM version of the game. Am I the only one that sees this?

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic