New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1625

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Checking in
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rake wrote:
Otto_X...... did you manage the team "Bad Bread" in (dm. 33) 10 years ago ?

Yes, that was my very first team, and it was 22 years ago believe it or not.

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah i remember you well. you gave me my first dualmasters heartbreak. i started playing in "98" in dm93. had a very good record, my parry strike left 93. with a perfect 10-0 record and was the dualmaster. i knew i was a beast at this game. i traveled to dm 33 after graduating and was ready to take the dualmaster crown off you veterans. my first fight there HEART BREAKER with her perfect 10 - 0 record was matched against someone from BAD BREAD ( the trauma has made my mind block out the fighters name). heart breaker got the jump and started knocking the dough off that bad bread fighter (as i knew she would), then out of nowere he reposts and runs her threw. i think i went into a 30 minute catatonic shock. reread the fight a hundred times hoping the outcome would somehow change. it didnt. that was that fighters last turn-went to the isle. i couldnt even bloodfeud. yep that was my first dualmasters heartbreak. my second came about 3 turns later when i watched my probly 70% w/l record drop to about 30% after mixing it up with you veterans. it seems i still had alot to learn. Very Happy
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, you original Noblish Islanders from the RSI Wizard/Hero Magazine promotions were so cute back then! (I think that's where the original crop came from at least) I wonder how many of you are still around? I think it was probably a bad idea to move you original 93ers out, as I think that's when going into the cruel world that was DM 33 at the time kind of hurt the camaraderie you had been building in 93.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, I think I remember that. I remember the name Heartbreaker and his ironic demise. I don't remember who did the deed, either, but now I may have to go dig through my boxes to find out Smile

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't find the fight but I found the newsletter. Turn 328, December '98, DM 33. Heart Breaker of Storm Bringers (10-0-0) gets the misfortune of matching up with my high-init PL Bread Styx (14-7-2) on the turn he gets invited to ADM.

Here's the ad I wrote on turn 329:

Quote:
Storm Bringers -- Oh gosh that wasn't much of a welcome, was it? It's not often I feel bad aobut killing another team's fighter, but I know you're new to the games and Heart Breaker was clearly your best. You certainly deserved better. I offer my sincere condolences on your loss. I've been in your position and you have to believe me it will get better. Hang in there. -- Otto X, Bad Bread

I'm glad you stuck around!

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, you original Noblish Islanders from the RSI Wizard/Hero Magazine promotions were so cute back then! (I think that's where the original crop came from at least) I wonder how many of you are still around? I think it was probably a bad idea to move you original 93ers out, as I think that's when going into the cruel world that was DM 33 at the time kind of hurt the camaraderie you had been building in 93.

hahaha.yeah i would say many of us realized real quick that we were very little fish in a great big lake...things have changed though - now im only a little fish. Smile
Rake
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:59 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't find the fight but I found the newsletter. Turn 328, December '98, DM 33. Heart Breaker of Storm Bringers (10-0-0) gets the misfortune of matching up with my high-init PL Bread Styx (14-7-2) on the turn he gets invited to ADM.

Here's the ad I wrote on turn 329:

Quote:
Storm Bringers -- Oh gosh that wasn't much of a welcome, was it? It's not often I feel bad aobut killing another team's fighter, but I know you're new to the games and Heart Breaker was clearly your best. You certainly deserved better. I offer my sincere condolences on your loss. I've been in your position and you have to believe me it will get better. Hang in there. -- Otto X, Bad Bread

I'm glad you stuck around!

BREAD STIX !!! ( loud scream) yes that is the name that caused me many an anguished nite. how many assassins did i hire to chop up his moldey hide. <g>. what are the chances of you coming back to 33 ? i of course dont hold grudges and am long over heart breaker... (stifled tears)and would NEVER even think about hiring assassins to poison your gladiators b4 there fights. so what do ya say? we only have 4 total teams there and would love to have you there so Twisted Evil i could kill all your... um sorry about that i meant to say so we could step up the competition. Very Happy
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just doing Shadowspire for now. We'll see if it sparks my interest in other arenas. 33 was always one of my favorites, but I think my favorite team was in DM 5 - I managed to graduate one of every style from that team (14 in all).

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEEZ. i just now graduated my 2nd ( total). i gotta lot of catching up to do...i wish you would come back. playing with just 3 teams is boring to me( of course its good for the awards ). 33 is my 1st real arena and im not to crazy about leaving it.... do you remember MERC TEAM 5 and BANDE SANG ? both managers were friends of mine from 33 and ive been trying to locate them.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic