New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - BETWEEN 9 and 10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
It is too bad that this is getting so needlessly flagrant and personal. For being the one to initiate it, I apologize. That is, however, the role of moderators. I am sure that a decision will occur soon, and am just as sure that no matter what is decided, having reached this point, some will not like it.

I would have wished that a discussion of perceived violation, game ethics, and/or Turf War intent could have happened more professionally and maturely, without personal vendettas or implications. I appreciated the many of you who provided facts and good debate.

Wayne Smith

I agree with this 100%.
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While I do know that is what RSI did for closed arenas, they did not do it for all. All my teams were pushed to 82. All my regular arena warriors began taking an ass-kicking like you wouldnt believe. I insisted to RSI I did not want to be there, but they did not listen and were not willing to allow them in any other arena.

The thing is some use those multiple teams to control match-ups and create a competitive disadvantage. If the field is not level, no matter where it is, it is not a fair or fun game.

Now, as for 47. I stand by my decision I will put in a petition to move my team to 84 and I am asking RSI to null the contest. The actions of the group has left me with such a bad taste after what we went through that I do not believe it to be in the spirit of any gaming to continue.

No matter who would win the prize now there will be those who are disappointed. Our side, SScomss side, either way someone is going to bitch very intensely; therefore, I am choosing to back out and allow the prize to pass. I rather have fun than have a bonus pot, a known fav and a DA monster. Although the DA Monster was the best part, GO Frog Shiv!!!

See you in other arenas,

Grimm

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
While I do know that is what RSI did for closed arenas, they did not do it for all. All my teams were pushed to 82. All my regular arena warriors began taking an ass-kicking like you wouldnt believe. I insisted to RSI I did not want to be there, but they did not listen and were not willing to allow them in any other arena.

Grimm

I've posted this already but RSI has for a very long time had different rules for different people. Some people had their extra teams moved to 82 some people were able to place their teams. Some of us have had to DA (multiple times) to place prizes and clearly some people have not had to DA. The field is not level and has not been level since the mid 80s when I started playing.

Sorry to see you go. Good luck in your other arenas.
Otis
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this is beating a dead horse but just wanted to put a few things out there.

Is this legal within the rules of the game? YES

Is this and has this been done in other other arenas? YES Have seen it several times throughout my years of playing.

Has this been done in the past in the TW? YES Examples were already given.

Is there anything in the rules of the TW that prohibits this? NO Nothing even addressing it even after it was done in the last TW.

Now sit back and honeslty assess the situation. Take out all the personal feelings out of it. If this was any other manager that did this would this much have been raised about the situation?

For me honeslty, no matter what manager or team did it, I would have just thought "Damn that was a good one."

Ward

Back one of these years with full stables elsewhere.

Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otis wrote:
I know this is beating a dead horse but just wanted to put a few things out there.

Is this legal within the rules of the game? YES

Is this and has this been done in other other arenas? YES Have seen it several times throughout my years of playing.

Has this been done in the past in the TW? YES Examples were already given.

Is there anything in the rules of the TW that prohibits this? NO Nothing even addressing it even after it was done in the last TW.

Now sit back and honeslty assess the situation. Take out all the personal feelings out of it. If this was any other manager that did this would this much have been raised about the situation?

For me honeslty, no matter what manager or team did it, I would have just thought "Damn that was a good one."

Ward

As one of the longer residents of North fork - and a participant in every Turf War played there - I agree completely with Otis.

I also agree with Oz and Ashe - our two moderators. I also know I'll never moderate a contest.

Putting myself in Manager's position, if *I* had TC'd and brought someone back and wasn't required to DA - I would have done the exact same. A -5 point penalty was administered, right or wrong, so be it.

As a participant, I seriously hope this thing is decided by more than 5 points.

Last edited by Kat on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
It is too bad that this is getting so needlessly flagrant and personal. For being the one to initiate it, I apologize. That is, however, the role of moderators. I am sure that a decision will occur soon, and am just as sure that no matter what is decided, having reached this point, some will not like it.

I would have wished that a discussion of perceived violation, game ethics, and/or Turf War intent could have happened more professionally and maturely, without personal vendettas or implications. I appreciated the many of you who provided facts and good debate.

Wayne Smith

That is why I petitioned Baphomet that tournies no longer plau into the Turf War or be severly nerfed. Perhaps 2-5 points for a TV (like a challenge win or a kill) and 4-10 for a TC(like a champ challenge win or a champ kill). Tarantella took the TW with that 10x multiplier and this TW will be won by TV/TCs as well.

Why should a tourney so strongly affect an arena contest? Especially since previously won prizes can bring new TV/TCs thus disadvantaging the micro-managers like myself. Isn't the TV challenge and a few points reward, and help, enough for a manager?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The simple fact that PRECEDENCE has been established in previous TW's on this LEGAL WITHIN THE RULES RSI issue should be enough and it is a shame that personal feelings are influenced in the decision. YOURBAGD being docked -5 is absurd and as Ward/Otis stated in an earlier post if it was any other manager than manager it probably would not be such a hot topic.
I rarely post publicly on these forumns anymore, hell I dont have as much communication with my own alliance mates as I should and they sometimes wonder if I am still around, so bear with me while I get a few things off my chest and those that know me know I dont care if I twist a few nipples and tweak a few noses.
Consortium.... I am asking you on behalf of the DM community for an apology on stirring this hornets nest. Your 1/2 ass apology in a prior post is not sufficient. What else am I to believe and much of the DM community as well were the intentions of your starting this whole fiasco. This is not the first time I have seen an "innocent" comment of yours blow up to be something bigger and while I want to however, I am having a difficult time believing that it wasnt intentional As stated above the fact that precedence has been set in this matter before should be enough and as an impartial moderator I am dissapointed that is not the case.
Sandman... wow, just wow man...... I thought you were above these things as well....very very uncool.
Street Legal...... please STFU for everyone. Do everyone a favor and flush your own $h!t and dont send it our way. You have added no thoughtfull input to the discussion and have only served to enflame it. Grow up.
At this point I could care less about this contest and who wins or not and I really dont want to finish it but I will not abandon my team and will finish this thing to the bitter end. I am in favor of the prizes being stripped as well and the contest rendered null and void.
On a personal note it is sad because I have entered many contests in my DM career and this is only the 1st one I will have actually finished until the end.....(well technically the 2nd as I finished the capture the flag contest in 36 a few years back with the inactive DOOM boys but I was inactive 1/2 the contest).

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As usual Jekyll your reputation precedes you and I do not mind you tweaking my nose I simply said that if it were legal Manager should put it out there and diffuse it. I made one harsh post that was not directly harsh and retracted half of it before most anyone saw it because it made 4 possible intimations for what happened, 1 of them being legal, and I didn't want someone to take it as an accusation and run with it.

Your eloquent language is bemusing to those with an IQ below 100 so I don't think anybody here is laughing. If you had any CLUE you'd know that I greatly respect Manager, and he knows it, for being HONEST, HELPFUL, and is always going above and beyond at FtF as I hear it. I NEVER accused him of anything I was simply trying to say put it out there and put out the flames.

If you used some sense you'd know Wayne's general reputation and all he said was he was looking into it. Everybody flipped out, I more than anyone know how things can fly out of control and made some suggestions. I didn't see Wayne accuse anyone of anything all he said was an incident was being investigated. Don't fall into those rare few who argue the sky is not blue and 2+2 does not equal 4.

Making me feel like changing my mind and trying to influence the contest the opposite way I was hoping to, towards my friend MD and former alliance-mate KAT!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont care if I twist a few nipples and tweak a few noses.
Consortium.... I am asking you on behalf of the DM community for an apology on stirring this hornets nest. Your 1/2 ass apology in a prior post is not sufficient. What else am I to believe and much of the DM community as well were the intentions of your starting this whole fiasco. This is not the first time I have seen an "innocent" comment of yours blow up to be something bigger and while I want to however, I am having a difficult time believing that it wasnt intentional

Jeckyl, consider my noses tweaked and my old nipples twisted. It hurt. I accept the penance.

Beyond that, I think your comments are sorta off base and somewhat inaccurate, but if you really want to tell me what you think of me, my cell is 864-770-5237.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to continue out on a limb here and have to say I agree with an IC member.

Wayne I will guarantee no one is going to call you, but I think this is the perfect example of how poorly you handled this situation. Since, I know who you are and who some of your friends are I want to let this go, but I find myself repulsed by the whole situation.

Jeckyll was correct, your appology was not even an appology. In fact the round-about way you worded it I think you are almost are again passing blame. You follow this up by wanting to have it out over the phone.

Wayne, you are wrong period. You have handled this unprofessionally. Almost as pathetically as a school child wishing to take his ball and go home.

Ask youself, why did you make your opening remark in this tirade? Was it meant to constructively help the contest, game, or maybe just yourself. Do you not think you wanted to get people up in arms, because your stalking like intense competitiveness has left you bitter that you may lose. It is for fun, there is no hurt in pride, your team performed well. We just put it together and we worked hard and against near impossible odds to overcome the gap. We were a swing from from 2TCs.

You my friend use every advantage to gain your advantage in any arena you are in. That is to be respected, but to throw a tantrem and call into question a contest and the honor of players is dispicable. You owe the game, the forms, and YOURBAGD an appology.

Last edited by Grimm on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh one more thing, you calling things personal attacks. When all we say is the truth. You use your extra teams, which other players were prohibitted from doing, to control arenas that you are in through hidden manipulation. This is a fact, not an opinion.

An opinion is when I say maybe it isnt eveyone else, maybe just maybe it is you.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both sides made personal attacks. Let's just drop it.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, over 1600+ views in a couple days...you guys might yet break the infamous Chimlevtal "managers in the know" thread view record yet. It seems to have gotten enough people pissed off, even at Consortium.

Gotta love these contests...

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Oh one more thing, you calling things personal attacks. When all we say is the truth. You use your extra teams, which other players were prohibitted from doing, to control arenas that you are in through hidden manipulation. This is a fact, not an opinion.

An opinion is when I say maybe it isnt eveyone else, maybe just maybe it is you.

I think he may have a more naive point of view as to how people would react. He may have even been pissed and rather than accusing Manager he did it more subtly, in his own mind. I do not begrudge him in 11 because he brought them in for a purpose, as previously stated, would it not be as wrong (if you were in his position) to say OK now we're going to say there's only 10 teams in the arena so you can only run one.

Forgive me for not knowing exactly when you returned to the game (I'm thinking 1.5 to 2.5 years now) but those arenas were closed a LONNNG time. Were the teams already moved when you came back or were they still in the closed arenas and denied access to multiple teams in an arena? I know it's parsing words and will mean nothing to you but if they were already in 82 because RSI moved them (rightly or wrongly) it's apricots and peaches (close but not the exact same thing). Lord knows I too have said, as well as know, there are different levels of standards and do not like it but I've tried to learn to say these are "my rules" and I'll live the best I can within them.

And in finality I will say if I were moderating knowing what happened I would not have docked the 5 points as it was not a cheat and I would state for further Turf Wars. Death or removal of a warrior with 1+ FE is a loss of 5 points and address it that way.

I lied one more absolute finality. Manager I am sorry if my posts shed a negative light on you they were not intended to I have stated what my true intentions were, and to Jekyll you took a shot at me I fired back and probably should not have. It's a limp-wristed apology that I don't expect to be accepted but whether you like me or not or I like you or not we are brothers in this gaming community and I'd rather wish real life good on you or any of the rest of you Duelers then I would somebody I don't know at all. Just like my brother who I often hate for things he's done he's my blood. You are all my Duel gaming brothers, I may not love you but we're kindred to a certain degree. Take that as you wish!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic