New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - North Fork Turf War VII
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll :: Should tournament points/modifiers be used in an arena Turf War?

Yes: it brings recognition to that team/arena
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes: it adds excitement to scoring
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No: it favors tourney players
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No: What happens outside of the TW doesn't have any influence on the TW
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whomever takes this beast on - a suggestion:

1) Gang size: 4 teams max - 2 teams min. Most 5 team groups will lose folks anyhow. Manager X has two teams in the arena? Great - he can be a gang of one.

2) +1 for win, -1 for loss against TW teams only

3) No tournament modifiers; you want to send someone off to fight somewhere else? Fine.

4) No other rules - no other points. No SM, no NL mentions. No nothin. It's a TW, not a popularity contest. People want to use unscrupulous tactics? Fine. Clones? Fine. TV's/TC's? Fine. They'll get the arena challenge advantage, but that's it.

Just a passing idea...
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ideal ruleset is no tourney modifiers no style/newsletter points.

But, as was explained to me, the point of the TW was to bring recognition to your team/arena. You might end up with a different contest altogether.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This would make an interesting event. Indeed, it is on nearly as suggested in Fratsfa. Hurry up and join.

Manager said it all.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah - but that is one interpretation of what a turf war is.

Princeton.com defines a "Turf War" as, " turf war (a bitter struggle for territory or power or control or rights) "

I forward the notion that a competition that "brings recognition to your team/arena" is a popularity contest - not a turf war.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the spy report mentions are OK but it should be mentions minus avoids. This coming from the guy who invented the move (If you doubt it go back and check the first turn of the TW where mentions counted I avoided The Bear's Paw x10). I saw that hole right away, I can see the intent that "hey if your mentioned in the report it's noteworthy it should count for something" that's fine but if a dumbass like me saw that hole in the policy whadya think the savvy managers will find? Laughing

I also have previously stated my stance on TV/TC that they should count for 2 points and 4 points respectively but could see them being worth 5 and 10 AT MOST!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tourney modifiers could sometimes be a problem... case in point the last Turf War where Raven pretty much single handedly ran away with it. I think a contest that values tourney input is ok and acceptable as is the Turf War. One small caveat... to make it a level playing field for everyone only include the Mail In tourneys for future Turf Wars(this would obviously require carefull planning on when to start the contest). Yes I realize we can all get proxys and stuff but North Fork has quite a few convicts playing and lets face it they probably dont have the best networking ability.
I disagree with TV/TV points counting for next to nothing as Street alluded to.... tourneys should count for something but not break the bank as in the prior Turf War.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it were mailer only I would adjust ny opinion. I think the TV challenge is going to lrad to extra points as it is so that's why I went towards the value of a challenge win or a champion's challenge win. I maxed it at a kill or a champion's kill. If it were mailer only I'd adjust to 5 and 10 and as much as 10 and 15 or 20. Kill and Champion kill being my guide point rsther than to pick an arbitrary number. I just think although it's CLEARLY harder to do TV/TC then to do anything in the arena I hate to see too much unbalancing for a non-arena accomplishment.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic