New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22124

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Offensive TP's
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
catalyst
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an offensive TP that I have done a lot of experimenting with in reguards to his rythms and such, however he still has a losing record. His stats are 10(1)-11(1)-9-17-17-5-17. He has a Master in Defense and Parry & Exp in Attack & Dec.

I don't recall all of the information on him as I don't have his paperwork with me right now. I was just curious who has had success with offensive TP's and what advice might be shared on running them.

Thanks in advance,

Catalyst
Dreihdenflahg
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try running him with APL & S and SC with offhand SH...

I'd try 6-8-6 in minute 1 and slow down to 5-5-5 in minute 2.

Active Teams:
U.B.O.S.M. (DM11)
Dreih's Freaks (DM18)
Dreih's Tribe (DM21)
Dreihdenwald (DM54)
R.J.G. (DM60)
The Dreihdens (DM74)
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one that was very similar 11-12-4-17-17-8-15 and I ran it 3-3-5 P minute one and really didn't alter the strat much. Maybe 4-4-5 in min3. He was 21-12-1 when he graduated. I have another 7-15-9-17-17(1)-5-15 who is doing very well with the same strat. I'd try it.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dreihdenflahg wrote:

I run mine 5-6-5 no tactic. Ditto about the SC/SH and armor. I don't really like running mine higher than what I listed, because with my guy it seems to actually hurt his dodge and riposting abilities. My guy has a losing record because of really sucky physicals, which I am trying to straighten out now.

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Part of the problem here is that rip and init are his lowest skills. That's common for init but less so for riposte. Plainly he's got trouble getting his own attacks off against good offensives. Then if he misses one parry or an attack comes around a parry he can't take much damage.

I would try riposte tactic first. His defenses are dandy and the more chances you give him to actually swing the better your chances. You might go anywhere from the 5-6-5 recommended earlier down to even 2-4-5. If he has a typical VL/Lo favorite tempo then he may attack more like this when he rips. Some do, some need higher OE due to the low init.

Try both. If he rips regularly without the tactic that's good, if not it may give him a shot. (Oh yeah, you can also play with the weapon. I have one that treats SC like it's the plague, SH fav I think.)
Dreihdenflahg
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Flagg wrote:
Dreihdenflahg wrote:

I run mine 5-6-5 no tactic. Ditto about the SC/SH and armor. I don't really like running mine higher than what I listed, because with my guy it seems to actually hurt his dodge and riposting abilities. My guy has a losing record because of really sucky physicals, which I am trying to straighten out now.

Of course every warrior is different to some degree. These numbers worked great for my MO/MO fav TP. On some others I use 3-6-3. I like to use the higher OE/AE in minute 1 to not necessarily win in minute 1, but to interfere with the fast offensives attacks. Sounds funny, but if your TP is attacking, then his opponent isn't. Since most people slow down in minute 2, the 5-5-5 still causes just as large an impact.

I've actually been running my OTP in ADM at 6-6-5 for the past 2 fights and he's thrashed 2 lungers in a row in less than a minute each. One he cleanly jumped, and the other he RIP'd to shreds, and since the only warrior that beat him outright in the champs mailer was a LU, I'm very satisified.

Active Teams:
U.B.O.S.M. (DM11)
Dreih's Freaks (DM18)
Dreih's Tribe (DM21)
Dreihdenwald (DM54)
R.J.G. (DM60)
The Dreihdens (DM74)
Myrdin
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found that my offensive TP's if ran at higher than 5 oe begin flailing no matter what minute. The key is to find your warriors favorites. Find them and s/he will rip unskilled warriors to pieces.

myrdin

"Any fool can condemn, whine or complain
And they usually do."

"Teach what you know So that you can learn what you think you know"
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a lot of success with 5-5-5 up to 8-5-5. I had a non-tank TP go 7-3-1 last tourney that way, when I expected more like 3-3, and even defensive he'd have lost his last fight - a striker throwing 35% battle axe crits is a bit rough. With good challenges, you can have this guy turn into a real monster. (For reference, my last three OTP's to graduate have been 18-3, 18-3, and 17-2 - stats were a bit better, though.)

_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem that I see with the offensive TP posted is his Riposte. Is he learning it at all? If he isn't, you'd probably be best running a more moderate strat, focusing on parry for at least the first minute. Then, you can try using the Riposte tactic in minute two.

If he is learning Riposte, but just doesn't have a rating yet due to a low base, then running a bit more hot would be my suggestion. Offensive TP's that learn Rip can devastate virutally any style. I've had a great deal of success with Rip fave TP's running as hot as 10-10. I prefer something along the lines of 8-10 or 7-9, though.

Sam
--The Sandman
catalyst
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He is sadly lacking in his RIP and INIT skills, he's only learned 5 rip and I think 2 init. Definately not his favorite learn Razz He's done best w/ learning rip in fights where I ran him responsiveness vs strikers. I've never tried running him w/ the Rip tactic, so I'll do that and try some of the suggested tactics and see how he runs then.

Thanks again to everyone,

Catalyst
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

catalyst wrote:
He is sadly lacking in his RIP and INIT skills, he's only learned 5 rip and I think 2 init. Definately not his favorite learn Razz He's done best w/ learning rip in fights where I ran him responsiveness vs strikers. I've never tried running him w/ the Rip tactic, so I'll do that and try some of the suggested tactics and see how he runs then.

Thanks again to everyone,

Catalyst

You don't need to run hot to make an OTP work, something like 4-2-x is plenty; too fast and his defenses will suck. Find his rythm, and you can bet its gonna be on the slow side. If you want him to swing, avoid off hand weapons or a shield; any warrior with an offhand weapon is less offensive than one without. I would recommend SC two handed(Like only 1, and nothing in the off hand) -- this will get you the 2-hand damage bonus on those slash crits. Avoid using riposte tactic in the first minute, if you parry with your face, you aren't gonna riposte anyways.
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

catalyst wrote:

I agree with the posts that focus on this warriors lack of rip/init. If it can't get the init, it won't be swinging. My two cents would be to actually armor up a bit more, ASM+ so you can take a few more hits. This will hopefully give more time to try and riposte (instead of going down quickly wearing underwear), and may tire your foe out a bit so it's easier to get that init and take a swing.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic