New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1575

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - First Milestone
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeathJester
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the first time ever I got a warrior to Duel Master! And it being my oldest warrior made it all the better. Now I just need to get him graduated
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll remember this one for as long as you play. My first Duelmaster and graduate was Jack The Ripper (14-572) over 20 years ago and I still know who he beat (The Virus of The Duelists) and everything about him (started like 2-6 before graduating around 14-9). He was the first ST I ever ran.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats DeathJester! It's a great feeling!
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Death Jester, I hope he becomes your first graduate as well.
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DeathJester wrote:
For the first time ever I got a warrior to Duel Master! And it being my oldest warrior made it all the better. Now I just need to get him graduated

While there are occassional threads about the exodus of vets, what rarely gets addressed is the equal amount of managers returning to the game and the optimism they bring.

I love hearing stories about managers who are excited about being DM, graduating warriors, surviving the dark arena or TVing a tourney, all of which are things that many long playing managers take for granted. Yes, the game suffers when it's longest - and often highly skilled - members retire, but if those who sign off only contribute to the community by being consistently good and not interacting with others, I would much rather have a returning newbie who wants to recapture the social component of old school DM hanging around. I guarantee that Death Jester will take the time to do a DM column and for that alone I applaud him.

SwineTiger
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Death Jester, may this be the first on long list.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, what do u know, after 20+ years I graduate my first PR. (terrible stats and a losing record, not 1 stat raise and learned 1 skill per fight on average, but hey, I graduated a PR!!)

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
well, what do u know, after 20+ years I graduate my first PR. (terrible stats and a losing record, not 1 stat raise and learned 1 skill per fight on average, but hey, I graduated a PR!!)

Congratulations!

Wow. 20 years and finally a PR? Just hate the style? You do realize PRs are becoming the new thing, don't you? I assume this completes the round robin for you, or have you been neglecting pikers as well? Very Happy

Dragonbane Guild(81)
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:

Congratulations!

Wow. 20 years and finally a PR? Just hate the style? You do realize PRs are becoming the new thing, don't you? I assume this completes the round robin for you, or have you been neglecting pikers as well? Very Happy

Just never liked the style so avoided them. Remember that old advice that a "good PR would make a better something else?" That must of stuck in my brain. Had a decent one in 32, ran him for at least a year then just stopped playing in that arena. This one has a horrible design and didn't learn for squat but at some point I just figured I would graduate him no matter what and he did hold the title for 3 straight turns, so that was an unexpected bennie.
Now PS, I have run for years and have graduated many. I like the style and it is probably tied for my favorite with AB. I have a PS running in the regional ADM tourney, not that he will do very well, not enough FE. He did TV twice, I think, I know I brought him back from the dead too. He should have run his last fight as an immortal champion but he was killed in a tourney and RSI forgot to put him back in the system and the arena ran. I just like him for some reason. PS's rock!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Nomad wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:

Congratulations!

Just never liked the style so avoided them. Remember that old advice that a "good PR would make a better something else?" That must of stuck in my brain. Had a decent one in 32, ran him for at least a year then just stopped playing in that arena. This one has a horrible design and didn't learn for squat but at some point I just figured I would graduate him no matter what and he did hold the title for 3 straight turns, so that was an unexpected bennie.
Now PS, I have run for years and have graduated many. I like the style and it is probably tied for my favorite with AB. I have a PS running in the regional ADM tourney, not that he will do very well, not enough FE. He did TV twice, I think, I know I brought him back from the dead too. He should have run his last fight as an immortal champion but he was killed in a tourney and RSI forgot to put him back in the system and the arena ran. I just like him for some reason. PS's rock!

And here I thought I was alone in liking the Piker!
fizban9898
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i love the piker ive only graduated 11 warriors but 2 of them are pikers and i have many more in my various stable just now getting back to the game after almost four years. excited to get my first turn back
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic