New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1578

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - where are they now, and how has it changed the game?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

alright, i know it seems like im blowing the forums up from outta nowhere, but im bored and its better than watching the news, the weathers keeping me inside, and its better than talking about work, etc, etc, etc.......

anyways, i have noticed alot of ppl on that list that managerr put up that played when i did that are not actively playing, ppl like ultraist, doc steele, bookie and his crew(sorry, had to throw them in there, a couple of them are actually kinda cool)jack wolfspider, tigtoad, rascally rabbit, just to name a few......im just wondering how its been without them, im sure there are more that im not thinking of atm, i know a couple personally that im trying to get back into it, with no avail Crying or Very sad . i mean really, has D2 become just a casual game that you think about when you get your turns in the mail......i just remember the forums being lit up all hours of the day by everything from the taunts, to the "I HATE YOUs" so on and so on.......i guess im just a hopeless remenisser when it comes to stuff like this........but it would definately be cool to see some of these guys come back, along with myself.

youngblood

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As you know, people leave the game for different reasons. Some may return, some may not. Anyone leaving the game affects the overall number of warriors in the arenas and tourneys. Depending on who those people are there is an effect on the arenas they played in (ie, The FONZ members in Aradi) or the certain tourney classes (Doc Steele's absence in the Advanced Tourneys). No one benefits from smaller arenas (unless you want a better chance of getting free fights); in the tourneys certain managers have benefited greatly from the smaller pool of managers (less competition improves your chances).

Fewer players means less or more infrequent traffic on the forums. Add to that it's always quiet for a week or two following a FTF.

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

while improving your chances in tourneys or arenas seems nice, the social aspect of the game is what did it for me, the fact that i had to take a leave killed me. i still plan on playing and throwing myself back in the mix, but, in my eyes, the way it was with eveyone there, was what got my most enjoyment....hopefully most will come back, if not, oh well, lol.

youngblood

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a bummer to lose managers - big or small.

But don't forget that there are also some of us that have returned to the game while others have left. Sure we'd love to hang onto everyone, but it isn't all bad news.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

of course not bro....there are still ppl playing that made impressions on me in my previous stint. Assur, papa bear, floyd(made a trip for the worlds most famous bbq pizza in mempis f2t, wait, that mighta been assur, lol i cant remember) trip, guardian and his damn $1200 investment warrior stanley cup, soultaker, managerr, kellubmo, so its not a complete loss, i was just pointing out that ALOT of managers are not in the picture anymore, and its kinda tragic to the game in my opinion

Youngblood
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
As you know, people leave the game for different reasons. Some may return, some may not. Anyone leaving the game affects the overall number of warriors in the arenas and tourneys. Depending on who those people are there is an effect on the arenas they played in (ie, The FONZ members in Aradi) or the certain tourney classes (Doc Steele's absence in the Advanced Tourneys). No one benefits from smaller arenas (unless you want a better chance of getting free fights); in the tourneys certain managers have benefited greatly from the smaller pool of managers (less competition improves your chances).

Fewer players means less or more infrequent traffic on the forums. Add to that it's always quiet for a week or two following a FTF.

Well people like Mannequin, who can't seem to tell the truth or starts fights he is afraid to finish is one reason why I don't play anymore. Just one reason but enough for me to take my $$ and time elsewhere. I am on Lightbringer in WoW, I am allliance, I kill horde if they cross my path. There is no one in that game that gives me pause. I have met some great people that tell the truth and do what they say. Maybe I will come back to 31 but it will take some time. Mannequin and his little gang thought DMs didn't need us anymore so he got his wish. Just hope the game continues despite people like him. Mannequin, feel free to PM, I will check back here in about a month or so. Maybe. Let me know if you are on Lightbringer.
Salute to all the good folks in DMs!!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Mannequin wrote:

Well people like Mannequin, who can't seem to tell the truth or starts fights he is afraid to finish is one reason why I don't play anymore. Just one reason but enough for me to take my $$ and time elsewhere. I am on Lightbringer in WoW, I am allliance, I kill horde if they cross my path. There is no one in that game that gives me pause. I have met some great people that tell the truth and do what they say. Maybe I will come back to 31 but it will take some time. Mannequin and his little gang thought DMs didn't need us anymore so he got his wish. Just hope the game continues despite people like him. Mannequin, feel free to PM, I will check back here in about a month or so. Maybe. Let me know if you are on Lightbringer.

Some people know how to "put up or shut-up". You don't know how to do either one. You finally got the war you always wanted, on your home turf in Chimlevtal, and you couldn't handle it.

That's the facts, jack....

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well since ive been playing this game, theres always been two types of competition. Friendly or non friendly competition. sadly i have witnessed the non friendly part, and was almost thrown in the middle of it, which is something i didnt want, and had to make a moral decision on which side i had to choose......wont go into detail, but its something i would rather not have dealt with. On the other hand, i have also been on the recieving end of awesome friendly competition. i was new to the game, and on my first turn in arena 74, i went 5-0-1. a manager by the name of Jeckyll was the first person to officially introduce himself to me. in his twisted, evil way he let me know that i was gonna be his whipping boy.......i loved it, my second turn in i had made an enemy, within the game, that made me look foward to every other monday, just to see what he had posted, who he had challenged, and vise versa. Then came the time for me to attend my first f2f, and i have to admit, i wasnt on the winning end of our little "in game" fued, lol, but i knew i would run into him, and i did. talking to him was one of the most memorable times i had in philly. we left knowing (i did anyways) we had made a new pal, but at the same time, we both knew IT WAS ON, next turn in arena 74, lol.

Youngblood

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Mannequin wrote:

Some people know how to "put up or shut-up". You don't know how to do either one. You finally got the war you always wanted, on your home turf in Chimlevtal, and you couldn't handle it.

That's the facts, jack....

Mannequin

That is not quite the facts, "jack." You live in your fantasy of the events as they unfolded. You wouldn't even fight me 5 on 5, 10 on 10 or 1 on 1 in Crysalis, so you need to shut up small man. Never try to take the high road in this. I pity you being such a fool. Again, you contributed nothing to 31 except to hasten the demise of the game, but you are too much the fool to see it. Again, shut up and don't speak to or at me again.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:

That is not quite the facts, "jack." You live in your fantasy of the events as they unfolded. You wouldn't even fight me 5 on 5, 10 on 10 or 1 on 1 in Crysalis, so you need to shut up small man. Never try to take the high road in this. I pity you being such a fool. Again, you contributed nothing to 31 except to hasten the demise of the game, but you are too much the fool to see it. Again, shut up and don't speak to or at me again.

The best part of our war/feud/rivalry (none of which actually apply since you have to be competitive to hold up your end of the bargain) was that you were quiet as a churchmouse UNTIL my name was revealed in the regional newsletter. The only thing you've done since then is thump your chest and run your mouth. Ironically, this behavior towards others is exactly what brought us to Chimlevtal in the first place. Our sole goal was to pound you into submission on the sands. In YOUR arena. The hole you never leave, the one you insist others must play in if they are man enough to accept your challenges. We accepted your repeated challenges to the rest of DM and brought you to your knees -- and we never said a word. This is what really bothered you, isn't it? The fact that you had no one to rail against. Who wants to listen or participate with you in that? You've left 60+ pages of rantings for all to see. I think everyone knows by now how irrational you are; I just never expected to be accused of "taking advantage of you while you were recovering from a serious illness" among other rantings. I find it interesting (though not surprising in the least) that you have taken the same mindset to WoW. If your play in DM is any indicator I am sure people are lining up for a shot at you at a place of your choosing (my, this sounds familiar) in WoW.

Good luck with that.....

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin, your little spewing here is garbage and you know it. You never pounded anyone except maybe your head against a wall or your chest, you couldn't take me or anyone on your best day.
The facts are you NEVER could fight The COL on "equal" footing and you know it. I had your messages forwarded to me, you are really a pathetic fool inside and outside of the game. I have never failed to back up my words. Shut up and just leave it.

"PWing Mannequin since he opened his little squeaky yapper"- Yeah, that would be me.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
I have never failed to back up my words.

You're right. You have a never ending fountain of them (words) and not much else.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
RTR wrote:
I have never failed to back up my words.

You're right. You have a never ending fountain of them (words) and not much else.

Mannequin

HA HA HA, Man, you are SO witty and original! A real pistol! You are everything you claim to despise. Man you are one really tough and rugged dude, I would never want to mess with you!
Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to tough for me to handle. You talk, I swing, conversation over.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Mannequin, your little spewing here is garbage and you know it. You never pounded anyone except maybe your head against a wall or your chest, you couldn't take me or anyone on your best day.
The facts are you NEVER could fight The COL on "equal" footing and you know it. I had your messages forwarded to me, you are really a pathetic fool inside and outside of the game. I have never failed to back up my words. Shut up and just leave it.

"PWing Mannequin since he opened his little squeaky yapper"- Yeah, that would be me.

Shut up and just leave it. Seriously?? Mannequin wasn't the manager who thread jacked this conversation to aim a bunch of personal attacks at another manager from out of nowhere. That would be Icelord. But that is what you guys do these days, isn't it, and just about ALL you do related to the DM community and this website.

I'm personally sick to death of inactive managers running their mouths about how the game used to be, and perceived slights and injustices, and how much more fun WoW is, and on an on, blah blah blah. Show up to play or leave it at home.

With every inane, attacking post, you guys only sully what's left of your reputation as a long-standing, regular DM alliance. Bottom line, if you're not playing this game and you don't have anything even remotely constructive or at least non-flaming to add to a thread, DON'T.

For the record I've never met Mannequin, and am not his ally, just another (active) D2 manager. I'll not make any more responses to this garbage.

Scorpion
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
RTR wrote:

Shut up and just leave it. Seriously?? Mannequin wasn't the manager who thread jacked this conversation to aim a bunch of personal attacks at another manager from out of nowhere. That would be Icelord. But that is what you guys do these days, isn't it, and just about ALL you do related to the DM community and this website.

I'm personally sick to death of inactive managers running their mouths about how the game used to be, and perceived slights and injustices, and how much more fun WoW is, and on an on, blah blah blah. Show up to play or leave it at home.

With every inane, attacking post, you guys only sully what's left of your reputation as a long-standing, regular DM alliance. Bottom line, if you're not playing this game and you don't have anything even remotely constructive or at least non-flaming to add to a thread, DON'T.

For the record I've never met Mannequin, and am not his ally, just another (active) D2 manager. I'll not make any more responses to this garbage.

I've never met any member of The COL, but i played in the early years, yep, I am an inactive manager so cry some tears Stik! Very Happy Anyway, to say The Icelord started this out of no where is simply not true. That is your OPINION, not the facts, so we got that out of the way Mr Stik. Mannequin comes across as a bully, coward and as a liar in my book.
Oh, I do know The Icelord and Bosk in WoW. Bosk only played for 10 days but he was nice, IL, is a good guy. He helps everyone he can, learned the game fast, takes time to do things for other people not himself, has a silly sense of humor that makes all his friends and other laugh, oh, he also usually avoids morons and doesn't say much to those idiot players, those like Mannequin Very Happy BUT when someone gets in his face, like those of the other faction and pushes his friends or weaker players around he fights them. If they win, he dusts himself off, laughs it off and tries to get better, if he wins, he rarely lords it over them. I like the guy, for anyone to try to paint him as the villian in this is IN MY OPINION dumb. He told me what was going on over here, so I stopped by.
I left duelmasters years ago because of jerk managers like those who bad mouth him and his friends, NO desire to come back. Try to ban me from this site, if you please, otherwise I will come on here when I want to set the record straight. Thank you for your time, you are all so kind.

oh, Mr Stik, The Icelord was active in ADM just this last turn, so he is not inactive and can say what he wants. Shove that in your pipe and smoke it bro.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic