New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TC Prize Ideas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice to see people trying. My comments to RSI:

- Don't offer an inferior version of a prize that already exists...
- Don't offer a prize in a mail in that would really only be used at a face to face (or the other way around)

More ideas (just random ideas, not necessarily good or doable ones):

1. Graduate a warrior (obviously this wouldn't appeal to everyone)

2. 9 lives prize / cheat death. Different version of immortality that would be useable during a tournament (moves on to next round) and once applied, gives that warrior so many passes. Probably not doable from a coding standpoint, just an idea.

3. Superman - Would absolutely want coding changes for this one. 3 fights where your warrior turns into Superman and pretty much turns into an unbeatable freak. Wouldn't want it to just be an automatic win, because I'd want to read the fun comments. Could be that you have to choose the area where you become 'super' (damage/attack/dodge/parry/etc)

4. Magic Weapon - Your warrior gets a magic weapon (type = his fave) whose stats are slightly better than the scimitar (stats would be same for all warriors, just that it'd work for all warriors).

5. Seer - You get 25 fights of output (no trains, just the output). You get to choose both warriors and strategies for each fight (must get permission to fight against another manager's warriors). You can fight against yourself.

6. Time travel - Add or subtract 'n' turns worth of experience/training. Subtraction probably is impossible with the way things are, but it's a cool idea. 'Redo' a tourney or 'Advance' past certain tourneys.

7. Max Luck Stat - Not sure if this is truly a stat or not and RSI is unlikely to share more than we already know (and I would have to agree. If we knew everything, the game wouldn't be as fun)

8. Free forever - Warrior fights for free forever (arena & tourneys). Not gonna happen, but cool idea that anyone would like. Or how about 50-100FE worth of free fights?

9. Create your own team from 25 rollups (you choose 5 of the 25 warriors and create the team).
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and heres another idea, cant remember if this has been said or not, or if its already a prize other than blood games. BUT, why not offer a graduation prize. of course if you tc, you can pick any warrior that you want to have an auto invite to graduate. yeah, your gonna get your butt handed to you alot at first, but who cares, your godling warrior is in adm without any or little to no fe. this prize is obviously something you wouldnt want to use on a near graduation warrior.

Youngblood

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:
There really isn't much fun in selling a prize.

Its probably fun to look through stacks of team roll-ups that you traded your prize for, yeah?

Technically it was a trade, not a sale. Money never changed hands. Was it fun? NO, which I why I made that statement. I only traded 1/2 the prize for roll-ups; I traded the other half for a Max Damage prize, so I did get to use a tourney prize.

The problem with roll-ups is that there are no guarantees as to how they will roll, perform, etc no matter how good they look on paper. Prior to my trade I played with nearly all the team roll-ups I got. I won four tourneys prior to my retirement in the mid-90's playing with what was given to me, much like my good friend, The Consortium. I sat out for 6-7 years and found the game had shifted towards tourneys. I decided to pursue that angle and began it with that trade for roll-ups because I had never been one to buy more than a few at a time. It worked out great for me and I'm happy to say I normally buy 20-40 roll-ups per year. I'm sure that's far less than most of our tourney regulars.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:

4. Magic Weapon - Your warrior gets a magic weapon (type = his fave) whose stats are slightly better than the scimitar (stats would be same for all warriors, just that it'd work for all warriors).

How about an unbreakable weapon?

My TP, Tenacious, is a Quarterstaff fave. He had a streak going where he broke it, usually in the first minute, something like 13 fights in a row. I had to quit using it (I used it in one fight at the FTF -- you guessed it, it broke). One of the biggest factors in determining why some weapons suck more than others has to do with how often they break. It's hard to get the "benefits" of using your favorite weapon when a two-handed weapon like the QS breaks all the time. A side benefit to an unbreakable weapon would be the carry and endurance savings you would get from not having to carry a back-up(s).

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They should be able to do unbreakable/magic weapons with minimal coding. RSE offered a "Magic Armor" prize awhile back (it was only good for 6 months). The Gate Monsters basically use their own set of weapons and armor. (Which are mostly based on existing weapons, but it shows that it can be done)
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wait, I have a new prize idea!

How about the ability to use two-handed weapons in one hand?

Shouldn't be much coding changes if at all, this ability is already in the game--several Dark Arena Monsters use Maul/Large Shield,etc.

Not broken at the top end (as far as we know) and would be useful to certain types of warriors.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How about a prize that could enhance the parry (and/or defense) ability of warriors? We know that the top end of the game is dominated by offensive type styles because the Parry/Defense of warriors (excluding the open handed AB issue) is inferior to the attack rating of warriors once you get to a certain level.

How about a prize that enhances the parry/defense ability by a certain number of skills provided they are using weapons or something to that effect? This could go to help start equalizing the styles that are run at the top end, and by the same time not enhance the AB defense issue which currently exists. As they would have either have to choose to run open handed for their defense bonus, or run with weapons (losing that bonus) to gain advantage of the prize effect? In essence you'd probably have managers using this prize on non-AB types which would be a refreshing change.

Thoughts?

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
How about a prize that could enhance the parry (and/or defense) ability of warriors? We know that the top end of the game is dominated by offensive type styles because the Parry/Defense of warriors (excluding the open handed AB issue) is inferior to the attack rating of warriors once you get to a certain level.

How about a prize that enhances the parry/defense ability by a certain number of skills provided they are using weapons or something to that effect? This could go to help start equalizing the styles that are run at the top end, and by the same time not enhance the AB defense issue which currently exists. As they would have either have to choose to run open handed for their defense bonus, or run with weapons (losing that bonus) to gain advantage of the prize effect? In essence you'd probably have managers using this prize on non-AB types which would be a refreshing change.

Thoughts?

That doesn't need to be a prize, it just needs to be fixed (IMHO). Make a WoS relevant in the upper levels.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That doesn't need to be a prize, it just needs to be fixed (IMHO). Make a Total Parry relevant in the upper levels.

(I fixed that for you!)
Ski-Bum
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
Does the idea of having prizes limited to being used on certain types of warriors hold any appeal? For instance:

Freshman - Primus prizes will be different from other prizes awarded, and as such the prizes can only be used on ADM warriors.

Apprentices - Challengers (or potenially Rookies - Challengers) prizes will be different from ADM prizes, and as such these prizes can only be used on DM warriors.

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have a unique prize for Rookies which could only be used on Rookies going forward prior to that warrior fighting at all.

Personally i like this idea though im not sure how much support it will find overall.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
That doesn't need to be a prize, it just needs to be fixed (IMHO). Make a Total Parry relevant in the upper levels.

(I fixed that for you!)

Why can't it be both? As it stands now, unless you are a Whirling clone, your career is over post-ADM (possible I'm forgetting someone in Eligibles) as a WOS. At least there have been success TP success stories beyond ADM and in recent memory.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Why can't it be both?

It can, but TP's are more important. Smile

Maybe if a WS evangelist like Consortium ran more of them in ADM they would be more of them out there...
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Why can't it be both?

It can, but TP's are more important. Smile

Maybe if a WS evangelist like Consortium ran more of them in ADM they would be more of them out there...

If he would stop running all of those TPs in 106 he could!

Perhaps he is just biding his time and waiting for the fabled "WoS Glitch" (which will come about as a side effect of the AB fix) in the program to come to fruition so he can dominate the upper ranks.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to jack the thread... but does anyone have an idea of when the spring mail in may take place? Want to try to time some guys out...

thnx
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Not to jack the thread... but does anyone have an idea of when the spring mail in may take place? Want to try to time some guys out...

thnx

The previous two Spring mail-ins ran on Saturday, April 18, 2009 and Saturday, April 19, 2008. Based on this, my best guess would be Saturday, April 17, 2010 with the strategy sheets due on Wednesday, April 14, 2010.

Nobody knows for sure until they publish a tourney announcement or until someone hears it from Lee's mouth.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic