New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TURN 31 SCORES ((SPOILERS))
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TURN 31

I reduced it to currently active teams. I have saved the fights for all the other
teams in case they return but for simplicity sake I am only going to post the current teams.

DECLARED TEAMS- MANAGER NAME -TOTAL # OF FIGHTS/MAX # OF FIGHTS/%

The Grateful Undead #566 - Street Legal - 136/145 - 94%
Sea Dogs - #224 - One Armed Bandit - 136/145 - 94%
Of Wolf and Man II - #630 - Tripwire - 119/145 - 82%
Superior Forces 6N - #493 - Manager - 76/145 - 52%

As always! CHECK YOUR SCORES! Only scores that count are against contestants.

Good luck to all!

TURN 31 SCORES

Superior Forces 6N: -1 Total: +20
Sushi: 0
Dead Urn: 0
Little Mokele 2: 0
4 Points: -1
DA: 0

The Grateful Undead: +3 Total: +16
Big Pimpin' Imp: +1
Dio Devil: 0
Black Wight: +1
Steeley Shadow: 0
I Want My Mummy: +1

Of Wolf and Man II: -1 Total: +11
Crisis: 0
Butcher: +1
Krusk: -1
Delion: -1

Sea Dogs: -1 Total: -10
Plankton: 0
Boatswain: 0
Ensign: -1
Harbor Master: 0
DA: 0

Last edited by Tripwire on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I should have DA: 0 on my list.

In addition, Grateful Undead should be 137/145 and Sea Dogs should be 136/145.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I should have DA: 0 on my list.

In addition, Grateful Undead should be 137/145 and Sea Dogs should be 136/145.

GU only ran 4 this turn, and had 132 last time. I think he should be at 136 as well?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, you are correct. I looked up and saw 5 warriors on his list, so I assumed that 5 warriors fought.

136/145 for the both of us, then
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fixed.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks right to me.

After turn 4 being at -7, and against such great competition, I am very pleased to be knocking on Manager's door. If nothing else I will always take with me that I have outscored everybody over the last 20+ turns even if a win is not in my future. If I can pull it off that would be great, of course. Kudos to the 4 currently active contestants, and to those inactive there's time yet... I know I plan on trying to hold off Manager from hitting 25!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No movement at the top again?!?!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

:sigh: Somehow Krusk has 31FE. Great. I am too tired to even go look at where I messed up. Everyone else is timed perfectly. Sucks cause he could have TV'd.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That sucks. I have two tourney competitors sitting out this next round, but they were easy to time at 4 and 0 FE. (so don't bother challenging Harbor Master)

You guys better wrap this up before my +3 Defense AB graduates or dies. If I don't find anything worthy of a +1 bonus pot by then, I'll probably start shutting down my team as my warriors reach their breakpoints and you'll have nobody to down challenge but each other.

Try harder!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell Manager to TRY or GIVE UP. I've been hanging on to his tail for about 5 turns but he's a squirmy little devil.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Tell Manager to TRY or GIVE UP. I've been hanging on to his tail for about 5 turns but he's a squirmy little devil.

How do you know it's not part of my strategy to wait out OAB? I have the best head to head record vs. you and Trip and I'm pretty sure I have the worst (out of us 3) against OAB. I too have all day and am no rush to win. I'm pretty sure I'm younger than both you and Trip, statistically, I'll live longer.

Quote:
Try harder!

Us? How about you? For someone who finds throwing fights deplorable, your intentional lack of effort looks pretty hypocritical from where I'm standing. It would be Legendary if you came from behind to win this thing, don't you want to try?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Us? How about you? For someone who finds throwing fights deplorable, your intentional lack of effort looks pretty hypocritical from where I'm standing. It would be Legendary if you came from behind to win this thing, don't you want to try?

My warriors are well designed and they fight to win in the arena every turn. There is nothing hypocritical about it.

If they win enough that I'm in contention, then I will surely challenge. However, if I challenge at this point, I would only be playing spoiler/kingmaker and I have no interest in doing that.

A fine attempt at goading me (and at attempting to turn the tables on me from our fight-throwing Bloodgames discussion), but I'm afraid its been a failure.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If they win enough that I'm in contention, then I will surely challenge. However, if I challenge at this point, I would only be playing spoiler/kingmaker and I have no interest in doing that.

Except from where I'm standing, by not challenging you are doing the same thing, especially in a contest this small. Letting someone take advantage of you--just like in Bloodgames (or whatever venue) necessary.

Quote:
A fine attempt at goading me (and at attempting to turn the tables on me from our fight-throwing Bloodgames discussion), but I'm afraid its been a failure.

Worth a try.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Except from where I'm standing, by not challenging you are doing the same thing, especially in a contest this small. Letting someone take advantage of you--just like in Bloodgames (or whatever venue) necessary.

I think its a bit simplistic to say that running on maintenance with effective designs and strategies in a contest with an endurance award (in my home arena, no less) is equivalent to throwing fights in order to help someone else get a DYO out of the Bloodgames. Either your moral compass is faulty or you are simply trying to make a clever debating point.

It is more comparable to realizing that you no longer have a chance to get your guys out of the Bloodgames and not bothering to submit strategy changes and avoids for the final turn(s). However, it isn't even as morally ambiguous as that, as I am still competing for the endurance award.

It seems to me that I have four choices:

1. Throw fights/use losing strategies and designs to hasten the end of the contest and collect my endurance award more quickly, perhaps in collusion with a particular manager in exchange for a return favor at a later date.

2. Continue running on maintenance with winning designs and strategies, allow others to compete fairly for the top prize, and collect my endurance award whenever the contest ends.

3. Actively challenge, hindering those who are close to winning and increasing the amount of time it will take to collect the endurance award.

4. Quit because I can't win the big prize (as so many others do), which is what the endurance award was meant to prevent.

Option #2 seems like a fine compromise between wanting to compete and collect the endurance award sooner rather than later and not wanting to interfere with those who are actually in contention for the top prize. Its not a perfect choice, but nothing in life usually is.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
3. Actively challenge, hindering those who are close to winning and increasing the amount of time it will take to collect the endurance award.

It's a little simplistic because I don't really want to get involved in the complexities of the debate, but it seems like the correct solution (at least to me) would be to:

- Continue issuing challenges and avoids and playing your best--but without discriminating against any manager(s) when making your challenges and avoids--just like in the basic arena. Challenge on a per warrior instead of per manager basis. Kind of like we do in the regular arena.

Actively challenging might not hinder the contest either. For one, there's no guarantee that you would start winning when challenging and you would increase match-ups between contestants.

You can not not hinder the contest as it is set up currently (without dropping out), but the most honest option (as I see it) is to play like you would do normally.

I agree it's not a perfect choice and unfortunately the Endurance prize is the culprit and the worst part of the competition. (As it encourages lazy play which makes the contest end game a matter of being able to pick on the most inactives the quickest)

For the next edition, if they're offering an endurance prize, it needs to be weighted based on your final score.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic