New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turf War VII
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
MarmaDuke wrote:
I'm not sure what the commotion is about. The community pointed out that the initial scoring system virtually encouraged DC'ing when that was not their intent. After reviewing community feedback along with their own internal discussions, the moderators amended the scoring to be commensurate with their intentions.

As we are in 2010 and not 1990, the use of these boards is paramount to real time communication. When setting up an event like this, it would be impossible to have these sorts of discussions in a newsletter which has a four week turnaround. I commend the moderators for having the humility to change their rules based on feedback, and I commend them for taking their own personal time to organzie and moderate the event which, as was previously stated, an inherently thankless job.

You do know we have a large (based on %) inmate population that doesn't have internet access, right?

I for one did not know this. Just how does one pay if their in jail? Plus I thought they had lots of internet time in prison.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Kat wrote:
MarmaDuke wrote:
I'm not sure what the commotion is about. The community pointed out that the initial scoring system virtually encouraged DC'ing when that was not their intent. After reviewing community feedback along with their own internal discussions, the moderators amended the scoring to be commensurate with their intentions.

As we are in 2010 and not 1990, the use of these boards is paramount to real time communication. When setting up an event like this, it would be impossible to have these sorts of discussions in a newsletter which has a four week turnaround. I commend the moderators for having the humility to change their rules based on feedback, and I commend them for taking their own personal time to organzie and moderate the event which, as was previously stated, an inherently thankless job.

You do know we have a large (based on %) inmate population that doesn't have internet access, right?

I for one did not know this. Just how does one pay if their in jail? Plus I thought they had lots of internet time in prison.

cool. didn't know that. perhaps we should give 'em a shout out in the newsletters. this is good to know though for future reference... Twisted Evil i suppose you could have family members pay for you. it's the least they could do right? it would make life in prison a lot more palatable. a bit more anyhow...

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Kat wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
The final, hopefully, rules adjustment will be:
deleted this "Down Challenge 0 -2 0 -5 "
added this:
Down Challenge "Challenger" -2 -2 -5 -5
Down Challenge "Challenged" +2 0 +5 -5

....and fyi Obregon: this was posted Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 am - ~45hours before due date and past when most have submitted their turn - thus the "11th hour" statement. Quite far from the full month you claim.

....and no - to answer some of the disparaging PM's - I wasn't attempting to 'take advantage' of any loophole.

The TW doesn't actually start until NOV this is still OCT

Fine. I'm quiet.

Kat! You have no need to be quiet.
A Lion is supposed to roar!
Conversation with you is always of value. (for many years now)
Nothing personal taken and hopefully vice versa.

We (MD and I) are trying really hard to stay out in front of this, and every rule or game impact said here will be in this upcoming newsletter
Oz

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And, another 2 Cert collection received from IN QETERNUM.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Kat wrote:
A full month? The turn is due today.

um. this isn't the first turn due for TW is it? Shocked

ok nevermind- phew!

I hope not, because I DC'd as far down as possible with all my warriors to get them as low as possible before the first turn.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
bubbaganoosh wrote:
Kat wrote:
A full month? The turn is due today.

um. this isn't the first turn due for TW is it? Shocked

ok nevermind- phew!

I hope not, because I DC'd as far down as possible with all my warriors to get them as low as possible before the first turn.

You rascal you!
That might work fine as we challenged way up to all yours. Wink

Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Obregon: Am I supposed to be sufficiently scolded now?

You wrote your post to speak out, apparently, about your issue with the rules and the timing thereof. You were fired up enough about it speak out, as you say.

I replied because I found your post disrespectful, in that it essentially questioned the motives of Oz/Consortium, who is the nicest, most decent guy in our virtual room and whom I find to be above reproach. I was fired up enough about that to speak out, because he is too classy to do so for himself.

You alone know whether you are sufficiently scolded. My guess is "not at all."

Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Kat wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
The final, hopefully, rules adjustment will be:
deleted this "Down Challenge 0 -2 0 -5 "
added this:
Down Challenge "Challenger" -2 -2 -5 -5
Down Challenge "Challenged" +2 0 +5 -5

....and fyi Obregon: this was posted Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 am - ~45hours before due date and past when most have submitted their turn - thus the "11th hour" statement. Quite far from the full month you claim.

....and no - to answer some of the disparaging PM's - I wasn't attempting to 'take advantage' of any loophole.

The TW doesn't actually start until NOV this is still OCT

Fine. I'm quiet.

Kat! You have no need to be quiet.
A Lion is supposed to roar!
Conversation with you is always of value. (for many years now)
Nothing personal taken and hopefully vice versa.

We (MD and I) are trying really hard to stay out in front of this, and every rule or game impact said here will be in this upcoming newsletter
Oz

I had originally thought this turn was turn 1 - for that misunderstanding, I apologize.
stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Obregon wrote:
Kat wrote:

You wrote your post to speak out, apparently, about your issue with the rules and the timing thereof. You were fired up enough about it speak out, as you say.

I replied because I found your post disrespectful, in that it essentially questioned the motives of Oz/Consortium, who is the nicest, most decent guy in our virtual room and whom I find to be above reproach. I was fired up enough about that to speak out, because he is too classy to do so for himself.

This may not have been your guys intention, but all this heated back and forth is starting to get me all Fired Up for the upcoming Turf War!

I'm sure everyone may have a valid point and wants to be heard, but no matter what the final rules end up being, I say lets all go out and cause as much carnage as possible! The more mayhem the better I say. Let's all try to kick each others a$$, and kill each others little godlings. I have no problem with that.

If I know I can down challenge and kill someone's puny 21WT/21DF aimed blow rock star, you don't think that -5 points would be worth it to me?! I guess it's all about perspective.

I'm really an Andorian at heart, but for this Turf War I'm willing to express my darker tendencies. Twisted Evil I say do what you want, kill who you want, and start wars with whoever you want! (And the more trash talking the better!) Isn't this part of the thrill of this thing!

This is just one man's opinion and in no way expresses the views of the rest of my alliance! Razz
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

stormlord wrote:
Obregon wrote:
Kat wrote:

This may not have been your guys intention, but all this heated back and forth is starting to get me all Fired Up for the upcoming Turf War!

I'm sure everyone may have a valid point and wants to be heard, but no matter what the final rules end up being, I say lets all go out and cause as much carnage as possible! The more mayhem the better I say. Let's all try to kick each others a$$, and kill each others little godlings. I have no problem with that.

If I know I can down challenge and kill someone's puny 21WT/21DF aimed blow rock star, you don't think that -5 points would be worth it to me?! I guess it's all about perspective.

I'm really an Andorian at heart, but for this Turf War I'm willing to express my darker tendencies. Twisted Evil I say do what you want, kill who you want, and start wars with whoever you want! (And the more trash talking the better!) Isn't this part of the thrill of this thing!

This is just one man's opinion and in no way expresses the views of the rest of my alliance! Razz

All I have to say about Stormy's post is.... "LOL"!!!!

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

It used to be larger than it is now, but it is still there. The majority of them have switched to Hyborian War as their game of choice. I'm not sure about the internet use, but I think that is dependent upon the type prison rating (minimum, medium, or maximum). In my dealings with many of them, there was no internet access, but this was from a maximum security in CA and another in TX.

How do they pay? I would assume family/friends pay for them or they use pay received from work in prison.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As to the current issues, Consortium is typically the public voice for our little moderating duo for obvious reasons. But . . .

For those of you that do not know Kat, he wasn't trying to be disrespectful or even a party pooper--that isn't him. He did raise a valid point, one that we had considered and then reconsidered again when it was mentioned. I hope all of that has been resolved and we all move on.

Second, I hope all of you walk away from this with the same attitude as Stormlord and are fired up for the TW. Or, at the very least, fired up for the TW participants in the upcoming Tournament.

May none of you get TVs except MAMBO !!!!

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget that this Mailer occurs before the TW, so no points will be scored for Tournament Representation. However, hopefully the skills and experience will aid those that participated.

Good luck

Last edited by The Consortium on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The upcoming DM47 Newsletter does contain an additional alliance announcement, some clarifications of certain teams, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oz is away-from-office-files this week and off-line next, but a complete summary will be posted on or about Nov 8 or 9.

Don't forget that any proclamations in the Nov (first turn) Newsletter do count and will take affect for that turn's scoring.

Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A partridge in a pear tree? Aw c'mon. I already sent in my roll up certs.

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic