New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1626

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 103
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought I was one of the few that read the newsletters first ... I had a good stretch there where I patiently waited for the mail, but lately I've fallen off the wagon and check the newsletters religiously first thing when I wake up.

I need 21, 81, and 29, and I need 'em now!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No newsletter does stink.

But I did get arena 7 in the mail yesterday, so there should be a decent shot for 81 in the mail today. Hopefully. I have two new guys I want to see the overview for.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like we are doing this old school today! No newsletters removes the temptation to look early. My routine is to ignore the online results on Saturday morning until after the mailman arrives that afternoon. If my turn doesn't arrive on Saturday, then I look at the newsletter that afternoon. It can be very hard to not take a peek. At least this makes it much easier today! Laughing

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Tripwire wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Tripwire wrote:
I am the DA mack daddy and it still hasn't helped me in this arena! At least I am above .500 now (barely).

Rub it in, I am probably going to transfer this team out and start with a new one after the Duchess grads (or dies)

I still find transferring teams out because you did badly to start as being totally against what this type of arena is all about. Its just a personal opinion, but to me its a copout instead of trying to work your way back up....I wouldn't care if I was at 10% I would still take it as a matter of pride to work myself out of it instead of just quitting.

I agree with Tripwire. Suck it up, Gentleben!

There is a little more to it than just sucking it up. I have been trying to change the team name for a year and a half now but RSI keeps saying that they usually do it after this kind of tourney or this or that and then I wait to find out they are not allowing it at this time. I have been on a spiritual journey of sorts for the past almost two years and well I don't want to be the UNHOLY knights, I was going to change it to the Pawn of Prophecy like I had in 25 (now in 47) but they didn't allow it then, then I was going to change it to Ben's Bazaar like in 21 but again, not allowed at this time. I have waited and been told sorry 3 times. I am tired of waiting and Christmas seems like a good time to make a change. Yes I will be able to erase a horrible record but that is only an added bonus but I will not have to be the UNHOLY knights anymore. I am planning on changing it to the O'HOLY KNIGHTS which is more in line with my inner self. I do not expect you to understand nor do I care how you feel about it. It means something to me and if you haven't learned this about me by now I am pationate about what I believe in. I would feel better about myself. That is all.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:
Looks like we are doing this old school today! No newsletters removes the temptation to look early. My routine is to ignore the online results on Saturday morning until after the mailman arrives that afternoon. If my turn doesn't arrive on Saturday, then I look at the newsletter that afternoon. It can be very hard to not take a peek. At least this makes it much easier today! Laughing

Hey!!! Imagine that we agree on something Laughing

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Terminator wrote:

Hey!!! Imagine that we agree on something Laughing

Hey, common ground! I didn't think I'd ever live to see the day! Wink

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
No newsletter does stink.

But I did get arena 7 in the mail yesterday, so there should be a decent shot for 81 in the mail today. Hopefully. I have two new guys I want to see the overview for.

We are normally the first, or one of the first, to notice when this happens at 5AM est, and we always send lee an e mail, and usually get a thanks a few hours later and a note "it is now up". Sometimes we hear from Lee right away (yeah, appx 2 or 3 in the AM in Tempe) and if we don't, we resend the e mail to both sandy and lee "begging"

We have already done both, so we w a i t

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
I have been trying to change the team name for a year and a half now!

At the end of the day, starting a new team is no different than DAing your current team and given the RU pool, you might end up more passionate about the game with a new team you can get behind (other than Brick Mouse, I haven't liked my team for over a year). I understand how others can be nostaligic/sentimental about teams in the arena that have been in for the long haul making a move (don't get me started on free agents in baseball), but it's about the player and not the fans, so good luck with your new team. Oh, and it's nice to kill someone and know that they don't have any high FE warriors to BF with Smile

Merry Xmouse!

SwineTiger

p.s. where's that NL!!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DAing the entire team doesn't get me a new team NAME

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HEY!! I mailed my turn the day AFTER 102 ran!! I sent everything in blind, no challenges. REALLY!! Evil or Very Mad Confused

And now I read that this AGENT character is making with the derisive comments... I am overwhelmed with anger and puzzlement (and a smattering of embarassment). What happened?? I dunno. Question Embarassed Question

I NEVER RUN FROM BLOODFEUDS, THOUGH. BELIEVE IT!

I'll remail everything TODAY. Except I'll challenge all of Agent's fighters within range. And I'm giving prior notice of the fact.

So nayaa!! Razz

(hey, emoticons are fun! Wink)

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
HEY!! I mailed my turn the day AFTER 102 ran!! I sent everything in blind, no challenges. REALLY!! Evil or Very Mad Confused

And now I read that this AGENT character is making with the derisive comments... I am overwhelmed with anger and puzzlement (and a smattering of embarassment). What happened?? I dunno. Question Embarassed Question

I'll remail everything TODAY. Except I'll challenge all of Agent's fighters within range. And I'm giving prior notice of the fact.

So nayaa!! Razz

(hey, emoticons are fun! Wink)

Tsk. Tsk. Surely you expected derision for not showing for the bloodfeud? Agent says he is sorry that you did not make that round, but even sorrier that he was not given that opportunity to BF. We think we heard something like dirty, rotten, no-good, yellow-bellied skunk, but we may have been mistaken. Laughing Wink Twisted Evil Shocked

P.S. After Agent heard that you are challenging all of his contracts next turn, he is going to skip next turn, too. He must be learning from a master?
Wink Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another squeaking 3-2 for the lucky Cartel.
1-0 on our challenge
1-0 on random
0-2 on challenges against
1-0 on a BF against ( but on a 90 pt upchallenge, we should have been favored.)

bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a brutal 1-4-0-4 for the army...
3 DA's but still... DAMN!

RIP alabama kush
PR 17-10-9-17-9-5-17

it appears grape jelly will have his hands full with BF's for the next few turns.

digging the spy report though.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
a brutal 1-4-0-4 for the army...
3 DA's but still... DAMN!

RIP alabama kush
PR 17-10-9-17-9-5-17

it appears grape jelly will have his hands full with BF's for the next few turns.

digging the spy report though.

I think we must have come to the fights in the same wagon this week, 1-4-0-1 for me as well, ah well and the death on the Unholy Knights was a PR as well.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Tsk. Tsk. Surely you expected derision for not showing for the bloodfeud? Agent says he is sorry that you did not make that round, but even sorrier that he was not given that opportunity to BF. We think we heard something like dirty, rotten, no-good, yellow-bellied skunk, but we may have been mistaken. Laughing Wink Twisted Evil Shocked

P.S. After Agent heard that you are challenging all of his contracts next turn, he is going to skip next turn, too. He must be learning from a master?
Wink Wink[/quote]

Oh... Well, I just realized that I probably can't challenge anyone except the Dark Arena, since I've now missed two turns in a row.

p.s. Sorry about the harsh words Arcane and the boys sent off in the personals. Your remarks stung them; they 'reacted', more than 'responded.' Boys will be boys. Wink

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum