New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Allow ADM warriors to fight the DA
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Threadjacked, indeed.

Who am I? Someone who plays more than in 1 slow arena. All I am saying is stop your bitching come to 81 and show us. You 3 all come. How is that such a bad comment.

Now I did play in 31 years ago, I would say 1988-91, but that was then. My manager name has changed slightly upon my return a few years back, so I can excuse you for not knowing who I am.

But, if you went to a face or compete outside that arena I am sure you can stumble into my teams. I have armies in 82 and 84, but mainly I stick around 81, AD and at Face to faces. Havent seen you at one of those.

Anyway, stop taking so much offence and show up in 81. This is a game of a certain degree of wits, and since you are so far behind in that category we will give you time to catch up. See you there.

Your attention is directed to the PM I sent you.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For the record, we are not at all convinced that ADM warriors should be able to fight the DA. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:

Now I did play in 31 years ago, I would say 1988-91, but that was then. My manager name has changed slightly upon my return a few years back, so I can excuse you for not knowing who I am.

See you there

I have been there for 2 decades, I am pretty much the arena historian and don't remember you at all. What was your team name or your manager's name if this is true? You would, of course, be welcomed back with open arms. It would be a true way for you to prove how bad we are and how great you are. Just a friendly invite. Please save the name calling I've not the inclination to get into all that. If Bosk and I quite the game, that is 4 less teams in 31. Then what? What did that gain those haters? If those, like Guardian, you and Ichabod who don't seem to like us joined in, just think of the upside. I'm sure RSI wouldn't mind the activity and income. I know the COL would enjoy the competition. Give it some thought "Grimm." Bring back the old team, at least for the rest of 09 and show us a thing or two.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
For the record, we are not at all convinced that ADM warriors should be able to fight the DA. Wink

That's OK Wayne. It will never happen anyway. Any idea on how to save ADM?

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

That's OK Wayne. It will never happen anyway. Any idea on how to save ADM?

Gather em up and bring em to 106.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Grimm wrote:

See you there

I have been there for 2 decades, I am pretty much the arena historian and don't remember you at all. What was your team name or your manager's name if this is true? You would, of course, be welcomed back with open arms. It would be a true way for you to prove how bad we are and how great you are. Just a friendly invite. Please save the name calling I've not the inclination to get into all that. If Bosk and I quite the game, that is 4 less teams in 31. Then what? What did that gain those haters? If those, like Guardian, you and Ichabod who don't seem to like us joined in, just think of the upside. I'm sure RSI wouldn't mind the activity and income. I know the COL would enjoy the competition. Give it some thought "Grimm." Bring back the old team, at least for the rest of 09 and show us a thing or two.

So, Grimm, I would surmise you are not for this rule change. Did I miss something or did you opine on the thread topic, not just blather?

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm I am not really for or against it. I don't thinkit will overall affect the game. It may change a few peoples win loss records. WIth that I agree, I have a fleet of retired guys ho will never see the light of day due to the massive FE and skill differential.

It may bring a few out of retirement. I doubt it though. People are focused on tournies more than ever, so that is kind of really where the game is. Would I run some of my retired guys, maybe 1 or 2, but I doubt it. I know their potential and it isnt anything to spend cash on.

I do think improving participation in the game is an ideal goal that we have brought up a lot. We have argued against AB bonuses that make them the buggers they are, we would love to see bashers and weapons fixed, and people have tried to recruit via facebook.

Now from Faces and knowing Sandy and Lee, they won't be doing any serious code changes. First, it costs a lot to majorly change it, it is very old code and less and less still program in that language. Second, Lee does try some tweaks, but she will tell you ot is very time consuming and that is a resource she does not have alot of. Third, I believe they are content with their loyal customers. No it is not the game with insane participation of 1991, but they still are doing well, and I believe they still have fun doing it.

So, ideas to improve change the game are always nice to debate. Keep them coming, but be understanding they are not likely to occur. I am afraid that is a downfall of the product.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Toker,
This was the thread I tossed out there, you can see what the responses were. It got off track at times, but we don't want to go down that road again. Embarassed

Anyway, just wanted to bring it to your attention, thanks for your inputs on it and for keeping the game interesting. (standing by for your BF in 31! Gomen Nasai.)

toker
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you! I almost forgot 31 again. I will get that out asap. I think I have to do the strats again.

Desolate Temple DM-1
Warrior Poets DM-8
Vincere Aut Mori DM-18, 104
Equtis Virtus DM-21
The Huntsmen DM-31
Smoked Out!!! DM-47
Silver Knights DM-52
Vincere Aut Mori DM-59 (inactive)
Vincere Aut Mori 3 DM- 81
And a few more to com
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

toker wrote:
Thank you! I almost forgot 31 again. I will get that out asap. I think I have to do the strats again.

Will be looking for you!

Hey, check out the latest ADM/Primus newsletters. Pretty exciting, eh? Darkholm looks like a joke, used to be something, now, now look at it. Primus had tons of personals, amazing. No need to try to liven things up for 6-12 months, like maybe try something new, like having some "to the death/DA battles" against new opponents. I'm thinking about coming back to Crysalis for the summer, if the deceiver shows.

Good hunting!

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like Gateway monsters are coming back. Do any of the guys who wanted something like this still play?
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Looks like Gateway monsters are coming back. Do any of the guys who wanted something like this still play?

This is great!! Is this permanent?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Temporary, for the moment, on account of the King of Primus contest, but I believe permanence is under consideration.
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Temporary, for the moment, on account of the King of Primus contest, but I believe permanence is under consideration.

Is it too late or are there turns left?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently that was a one turn deal for the moment. (I hadn't realized it had already come and gone)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic