New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - It doesn't add up
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I reading this right?

I have a WS (Frey) that appears to have too many skills, or not enough... his parry rating seems to be way off by my calculations. He was born with 15 parry skills. He burned 0 parry skills, Learned all 20, that makes 35. Then He raised ST from 17 to 25, raised WL from 19 to 25, and raised DF from 13 to 21. By all the charts I've seen, all that adds 16 parry skills. That would make his total 51 before he went back to skills. Here's where it gets weird, he has learned 8 parry skills since I came back to the game, I thought a fighter could only learn 5 more primus skills in each area? The 8 new learns should put him at 59 parry, but yet he has not gotten Archmaster Parry.
Can anyone explain this, or what I missed?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Am I reading this right?

I have a WS (Frey) that appears to have too many skills, or not enough... his parry rating seems to be way off by my calculations. He was born with 15 parry skills. He burned 0 parry skills, Learned all 20, that makes 35. Then He raised ST from 17 to 25, raised WL from 19 to 25, and raised DF from 13 to 21. By all the charts I've seen, all that adds 16 parry skills. That would make his total 51 before he went back to skills. Here's where it gets weird, he has learned 8 parry skills since I came back to the game, I thought a fighter could only learn 5 more primus skills in each area? The 8 new learns should put him at 59 parry, but yet he has not gotten Archmaster Parry.
Can anyone explain this, or what I missed?

Use the Terrablood skill chart for trains. He did not gain any Parry skills for raising ST to 22, 23, 24 or 25. So he gained 2 at 21 ST, 6 for WL 21-25, and 4 for DF 15, 17, and 21, for a total of 12.

While not learning Parry from 22-25 ST, the program will think that they are "burned." So the Gateway learning in Primus will allow you to learn a total of 29 Parry skills. So he really had 47 Parry skills. You then learned 8 Parry skills, giving him 55. He should get his Archmaster in Parry with his 29th and final Parry skill.

Its bizarre, but that's the way it works. Even though they removed Parry from ST 22-25 at some point (probably during the period before the Parry twist when Parry was too good), you still get them in the end.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, OK, that explains it very well. It is pretty weird, but I guess as long as he can hit that Arch I'll be happy. Thanks!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic