New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 1585

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Hyborian War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess i don't consider a 4/5 kingdom alliance a mega alliance...
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I guess i don't consider a 4/5 kingdom alliance a mega alliance...

Yea, not here in DM, but in HW it can be dominating if those 4 or 5 have certain kingdoms and collude.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course it is a mega alliance for this game, these players.

With that, let it be known that there are yet seats in the AB alliance.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering how close some of the mega/secret alliance kindgoms are to each other I'd be a bit nervous if I were .....

Some group of kingdoms is just about to push one of the large kingdoms to the ground, rough up his hair and eat the lunch his mommy made for him.
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

For example I am getting ready to start in a traditional enemeis game where you are not allowed to ally with anyone with a conflicting goal or avoidance level and 2 allies are allowed tops. Stuff like that is pretty fun.

I'm playing in this one too but I'm also pretty sure that one of the other rules is beat the new guy up first. Trying to do any diplomatic work with the pros at ROK is painful.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slugbait wrote:
Tripwire wrote:

For example I am getting ready to start in a traditional enemeis game where you are not allowed to ally with anyone with a conflicting goal or avoidance level and 2 allies are allowed tops. Stuff like that is pretty fun.

I'm playing in this one too but I'm also pretty sure that one of the other rules is beat the new guy up first. Trying to do any diplomatic work with the pros at ROK is painful.

I agree. And I am Pictland! The most beated up kingdom ever! lol
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Hmmmmm. A secret alliance? Collusion?! Shocked
Unless one is in FONZ, collusion and secrets are cool. Cool
Perhaps another alliance, silly & secret or brave & straightforward, will appear? Rolling Eyes
We are thinking of joining the AB alliance. Question

Perhaps the return of the Green and Purple Polka Dot Alliance (GAPPDA)? RSI is really located in Nevada at Area 51 and not in Tempe? Bilderberg? Jim Morrison is alive in Africa? Elvis never really left the building? Dick Cheney will run in 2012? Windows Wingdings Font is a secret code? Stephen King killed John Lennon? NASA faked the moon landing?
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Now this is a game of alliances for sure, I don't think anyone could really go it alone and win without some sort of alliances. It just seems that the biggest beef about HW is the simplicity of a bunch of people getting together and dominating the game through collusion when there shouldn't be any. Traditional enemies that make alliances for instance. Something like Cimmeria, Aquilonia, Argos, Corinthia getting together for example even though they have conflicting goals together they could ally and pretty much dominate if they didn't worry about imperial goals. I guess at the end they would have to decide who would take first place, but there it is.

Yeah, that was pretty much my experience the last (and ONLY) two times I played. A few kingdoms, separated by another kingdom or two, just rallied and rolled over their neighbors, pretty much ignoring each other, then they started eating up the map. I was playing Shem, and when we got the Peace Time map so that we could see where everyone was (and how everyone was doing) up to that period, the collusion was plain. Some players were mailing everyone they could to rally and come to their aid, but it was too late, really. These things tend to grow exponentially.

Having a large number of provinces under your control, particularly one with a trade route through it, means money!! A good flow of money means more armies, and larger armies, and after a while it doesn't even matter if they have more than one character assigned to them or not.

One of the reasons I wanted to play in this is because there would be so many newbies involved. I figured that such a cabal would be absent.

This is going to be a very interesting game. I can't wait to start!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caesar wrote:
]Perhaps the return of the Green and Purple Polka Dot Alliance (GAPPDA)? RSI is really located in Nevada at Area 51 and not in Tempe? Bilderberg? Jim Morrison is alive in Africa? Elvis never really left the building? Dick Cheney will run in 2012? Windows Wingdings Font is a secret code? Stephen King killed John Lennon? NASA faked the moon landing?

1st: If Poppa Balrog does return, then the GAPPDA is pretty much revived. He was one of the founders, I believe. Buri was a member too, wasn't he?

2nd: Currently, NASA is faking HAVING a space program.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:

1st: If Poppa Balrog does return, then the GAPPDA is pretty much revived. He was one of the founders, I believe. Buri was a member too, wasn't he?

I was a founding member of GAPPDA; there were 6 of us, Poppa Balrog, Forge, Fusion, Lunatic, Sensei, and me. We would need at least 3 of us back in the game regularly to even consider such a thing. Currently, as the only founder playing, I can safely say that GAPPDA is in no danger of resurrection, and at this time I am an independent.

Last edited by _Buri_ on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
KidArcane wrote:

I was a founding member of GAPPDA; there were 6 of us, Poppa Balrog, Forge, Fusion, Lunatic, Sensei, and me. We would need at least 3 of us back in the game regularly to even consider such a thing. Currently, as the only founder playing, I can safely say that GAPPDA is in no danger of resurrection, and at this time I am an independent.

Hey, a GAPPDA Independent sighting!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alliances have a greater impact in hw than in dm. But in hw not alliances are equal, for example an aqui/neme alliance imbalances most of the northwest where say an ophi/cori alliance or neme/bord alliances is almost a given and expected. Also four or five kingdoms near each other is a much more powerful combo compared to five kingdoms spread across the map.

Now five members of the bob are in this game but the only adjacent kingdoms we have are neme/bord. We will likely be sharing info cause we will be talking about the game a lot but I have no intention of trying to cordinate it so we are working as a block (doing things like group assassination attempts). I like hw and I will not be trying to highlight its underbelly. I look at this game as I would dm, I try to help new players, not dc them where as I have no quams about dcing a vetern that crosses me.
ZalgorPrigg
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard someone wanted to know who was playing Border, that is me.
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Now five members of the bob are in this game but the only adjacent kingdoms we have are neme/bord.

But you also have 3 kingdoms bordering a non-bob kingdom.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slugbait wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Now five members of the bob are in this game but the only adjacent kingdoms we have are neme/bord.

But you also have 3 kingdoms bordering a non-bob kingdom.

Slugbait, surely you know that the Bob kingdom choices were well-planned (re: colluded) from the start? While it would seem quite normal to expect the Bobbies to discuss/review/share info during the game, their pre-game collusion is either to be commended (by a few) or to be disdained (by many). Perhaps this is the right medium to
WARN everyone of the Bob tight and close-kingdom alliance. Mad
MOTIVATE all others to join together to bust Bobbie butt. Twisted Evil

It might also be appropriate for whomever is in the kingdom/s amongst them to either "get help" or to change to one of the yet open kingdoms.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic