New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Returning Player.....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

G'day,

I'm a returning player from the early 90s, although I had a brief reintroduction in about 2000. I've been reading this forum quite a bit over the last week or two, and found some very helpful information.

I do have a couple of questions, however, which will impact the arenas I'll play in, since I live in Australia.

Does RSI still have an office in Brisbane? I've tried to call both the telephone and fax numbers, but I get a "check your number and try again" message, which leads me to assume it's just the US office now. Of course, if the numbers have simply changed, does anyone know what they are?

If there is a Brisbane office, I'll be playing fast arenas, otherwise I guess I'll be going back to the slow arenas (which were still good fun, I had teams in 3 slow arenas).

Cheers.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! I just came back to the game myself last October, after 10 years off. What slow arenas were you in? I used to run S.O.S. in 59, Lost Swords in 72.

Hope you have better luck than I did, at first I was less successful than I was used to being, with all the rust on my armor. Now I'm back to top team in 4 arenas! Now if I can just figure out the tourneys...

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off, welcome back! You will be welcome in any arena you choose. Everyone here is quite eager to help new/returning managers. This forum is a good place to start.

The only number I know of that works is 480-967-7979 in Arizona, USA.

I do not believe that the CSR site responds. But if you email Sandy @ sandy@reality.com she will respond usueally with in 24-48 hrs.

There are several managers that live outside of the US (ie France, Canada and others). Many play in fast arenas but unfortunatly they have to send in their strats before they recieved the last turns fights. But there are several slow arenas and even one that is a No Tourney Arena which means that until a warrior graduates he/she can not fight in a tournament nor can it be modified by any prizes.

What ever you decide you will be welcome with open arms and at times cookies are provided.

One last thing, there are many managers on this site that have given free RU sheets to new and returning managers to make sure you have something that is runable.

Good luck!

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Buri: I used to play in 59, I ran Bloodguard. I do seem to recall your team, but I don't know that our guys ever faced each other. I also have teams in 50 (The Myrmidons) and 73 (Samurai Lords), but I don't know which teams I'll resurrect yet. I'd love to run in the fast arenas (I ran in 40 for a while), but the slow ones are fine too Smile

Gentleben: Thanks for the heads up, I've just sent Sandy an email, so now I have to wait with baited breath to see what the response is Smile

I am considering running in 81, but that depends if there's a Brisbane office or not - I really don't like running teams blind (more power to those who do though).

Cheers.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have any knowledge of the Brisbane office (although I suspect everything is run out of Arizona now), but I just wanted to wish you a welcome back.

Good luck getting up and running again!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No Brisbane office.

With the electronic (usually automatic) arena updates, you could run fast arenas effectively (For example, LePentarque in France does) but, of course, your snail mail will lag.

There are some mighty fine slow arenas, and the slow-throwback arena (DM83) version of fast DM81 needs players.

Most likely you will see us in one of your chosen arenas.

WELCOME BACK and good luck!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No Brisbane office = sad puppy Sad

Oh well, I might give one of the fast arenas a go, and see how it works (or not) for me. Worst case, I still have my slow arenas Smile

Thanks for the words guys, hopefully I give a reasonable accounting of myself whilst you're pounding me into the dirt Razz

Good luck and have fun Smile
Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Living in Europe, I have some experience of playing long distance. I only play fast arenas and I have gotten it to work. I usually receive my turns 4 - 6 days after they run which actually gives enough time to post strats for the next turn. However, I tend to fax in all my strats. Even though it costs a little I still prefer it over having to do it the old fashioned way.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bartender wrote:
Living in Europe, I have some experience of playing long distance. I only play fast arenas and I have gotten it to work. I usually receive my turns 4 - 6 days after they run which actually gives enough time to post strats for the next turn. However, I tend to fax in all my strats. Even though it costs a little I still prefer it over having to do it the old fashioned way.

I know someone else who does the same thing (not me) and he even told me that they will take a replacement RU FAXed in if you write the control number where it can been seen when it copies.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it's been a while since my last post, but I figured I'd mention that I sent off the turn sheets for one of my teams, with another turn's worth off in the next day or so Smile

For now, I think I'll stick to the slow arenas, although I'll probably try/risk a fast arena in a few weeks - we shall see.

Be gentle, I'm still delicate and would really appreciate my teams going 5-0 for the first 10 or so turns they're back lol.

Now to decide on a new manager moniker/handle.....
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adam_R wrote:
Well, it's been a while since my last post, but I figured I'd mention that I sent off the turn sheets for one of my teams, with another turn's worth off in the next day or so Smile

For now, I think I'll stick to the slow arenas, although I'll probably try/risk a fast arena in a few weeks - we shall see.

Be gentle, I'm still delicate and would really appreciate my teams going 5-0 for the first 10 or so turns they're back lol.

Now to decide on a new manager moniker/handle.....

Which slow ones did you decide? Hope to see you there.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to be in Illis (59) this turn (hopefully), and Snowbound (50) on its next turn - I missed Snowbound's turn this time around, waiting for a credit card form from RSI. Oh well, anticpation whet's the desire Smile

Although I DO kinda wish they were able to go the email/webform route - I know they can't/won't, from other threads, and I don't wish to re-cover that stuff Smile

I too look forward to catching people on the sand.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adam_R wrote:
I'm going to be in Illis (59) this turn (hopefully), and Snowbound (50) on its next turn - I missed Snowbound's turn this time around, waiting for a credit card form from RSI. Oh well, anticpation whet's the desire Smile

Although I DO kinda wish they were able to go the email/webform route - I know they can't/won't, from other threads, and I don't wish to re-cover that stuff Smile

I too look forward to catching people on the sand.

Not in Illis, but look for the friendly "Life Impacts" in Snowbound.

Adam_R
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't sent any turnsheets in for Snowbound at this point in time, I've been waiting rather excitedly for the latest turn in Illis to be run.

A quick question - what sort of time lag is there between the turn running and the newsletter appearing here? A day or 2? I only ask because I'm rather looking forward to seeing how my guys went, and I'm really hoping no one died Smile
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4 days so Illis will post online on the 27th, usually it is up early in the morning here in the U.S.

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum