New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - ADM Regional Tourney 2011!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Feel free to post questions and comments. Will be posting the official announcements in the NL soon.

Please note the changes from last time's rules: Smaller teams, More teams, One more warrior per manager, but no more than two of any style.
===============================

The next ADM Regional Tournament will be held in the months of October/November 2011 and will be contested in the
regular arenas the late Summer months.

Q: What is the ADM Regional Tournament?
A: The ADM Regional Tournament is a competition where the best and brightest warriors from the ADM regionals compete to for bragging rights and to see which one is the best!

Q: How does it work?
A: During the month of October, the warriors of each Regional Team will be temporarly moved Lirin Kiv will they will battle it out in a single elimination tournament with the last warrior standing winning for his region. (Learns, Skills, and FE gained during the contest will not count)

Results will be posted online during the months of October/November.

Q: How are teams determined?
A: There are 10 warrior slots given out to each team. The 10 Stylemasters of each regional arena during Saturday, October 15th will automatically qualify
and be selected.

To qualify for a Stylemaster position, you must have been active in the arena in 4 of the prior 6 turns including the last one. (2 of the last 3 for Crysalis) (Thus, you'll want to activate any inactive warriors who you want to try and activate your warriors before the week of July 23rd to be safe)

Should a team, not be able to qualify 10 warriors, they may select wildcard entrants to fill those empty slots. However, they must have at least 7 different styles represented AND no more than 2 of any style. Should they not be able to meet this criteria, their team will be filled with NPCs.

Each manager may only play for 1 region and qualify no more than 3 warriors on a regional team.

Q: What's a regional coordinator?
A: The Regional Coordinator is the unofficial "team captain" so to speak. They are the ones who are in charge of putting together teams based on the rules, and trying to make sure everyone is included and disputes are handled. (Say, someone qualifies more than 2 warriors, the regional coordinator will get with that manager and find out which ones are in or out and notify replacements, etc.)

The regional coordinators are: Manager (Andorak), Buri(Darkholm), The Dark One (Free Blades), Crip (Crysalis), Master Darque (Unnamed No Tourney Arena), One Arm Bandit (Home Guard). If you need to contact them, you can write a personal ad in the ADM arena, or send a diplo to them at:

Manager: Superior Forces in DM 105
The Dark One: Angels of Pain in DM 103
Buri: Tackle Box in DM 104
One Arm Bandit: Sea Dogs in DM 101
Crip: Royal Flush in DM 106
Master Darque: Darque Ages in DM 81

Q : What does happen if someone qualifies more than 3 warriors?
A: That manager will be able to decide which two to send and the next highest qualifying warrior will be able to take place of the warrior that doesn’t get sent if it’s an automatic spot. It's a good idea to definitely communicate with your team coordinator and
fellow team-mates. Remember, even though you are fighting for qualification spots, you all still want to put together a competitive team! (All of the captains treat this as an inclusive event so it's unlikely anyone gets left out totally in the cold)

Q: What if my warriors are not an ADM regional? (Or in the wrong one?)
A: If your warriors are in 100 (or in the wrong region), and they haven't fought since the split, you can request to CSR to have them moved into the proper regional.

Q: Is there a prize?
A: Bragging rights! (Or maybe you can petition the Gladatorial Commission for an NPC Day or something...)
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could we add in the little extra below or possibly call it something other than "Tournament" so their is no chance of a misunderstanding for the No-Tourney ADM arena warriors.

Q: How does it work?
A: During the month of October, the warriors of each Regional Team will be temporarily moved Lirin Kiv will they will battle it out in a single elimination tournament with the last warrior standing winning for his region. (Learns, Skills, and FE gained during the contest will not count, because of this the No-Tourney ADM arena warriors are allowed to participate.)

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, dumb question.

What if you moved a number of eligibles class warriors from ADM to Primus at the split but haven't fought them in Primus yet?

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Should be fine.
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Disappointed over the increase in warriors per manager from 2 to 3. Puts the influence on strong individual managers instead of depth of region, and I always thought this should be about the regions, not individual managers.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crip wrote:
Disappointed over the increase in warriors per manager from 2 to 3. Puts the influence on strong individual managers instead of depth of region, and I always thought this should be about the regions, not individual managers.

I totally missed that and agree 2 is better than 3.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some teams would have issues fielding reasonably full teams then.

The way I'm going to handle it is that we'll take 2 from each manager and if needed go for a 3rd...

I'd rather see everyone involved who wants to be and, at the same time, for the teams to be full.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

This was definitely the last rule addendum/change to be added and I resisted doing it until the last minute, but RSI really wanted full teams and even numbers across the board since it caused match up problems with the program the last time.

How about if we add a rule addendum so that you can only get a 3rd member if everyone else already has two and there are no other options and all 3 warriors must be of different styles? (At least that way it kind of mitigates the team that has one strong member with an AB/AB/LU combo and nothing else...)

(I will add a clause about the no-tourney arena not counting as a tourney and being allowed to participate. FYI, I didn't have a problem with it, but I was asked by Lee to include them and they will coincide the opening of the arena to fit in with the regional tourney start)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The inclusion of the no-tourney arena in this regional contest does not bode well for Home Guard's team.

Prior to this, we had myself, Jorja, Darque, The Visionist, and a maybe from Marmaduke for Home Guard. With Darque championing the no-tourney arena team and with The Visionist being a staunch advocate of the no-tourney arena, things are looking pretty grim.

At least when we fill half the team with NPCs, there is a chance that Ferd the Tower will be one of them.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am on Team Home Guard this year OAB.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm seeing Roadkill (Street Walkers) and Floyd (Terrapin Station) in DM 101 as well. I'd go on a recruiting drive at the FtF...(maybe sooner as Floyd lives near you I think...)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
I am on Team Home Guard this year OAB.

Good to hear!
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

This was definitely the last rule addendum/change to be added and I resisted doing it until the last minute, but RSI really wanted full teams and even numbers across the board since it caused match up problems with the program the last time.

How about if we add a rule addendum so that you can only get a 3rd member if everyone else already has two and there are no other options and all 3 warriors must be of different styles? (At least that way it kind of mitigates the team that has one strong member with an AB/AB/LU combo and nothing else...)

I'll live with whatever is decided. I thought the best idea in the modifications was to add NPC's of missing styles to make up the balance of the team so that each team would have a full roster.

I haven't even looked at the overall rules yet, so I haven't seen how this thing is being won this year, but I thought with 11 warriors (DM/9 Stylemasters/1WC), each a round robin between each regional could be used to come up with the winning region. That way, it's not down to one warrior, rather it is a team effort (sort of like the Primus this last year)
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
The inclusion of the no-tourney arena in this regional contest does not bode well for Home Guard's team.

Prior to this, we had myself, Jorja, Darque, The Visionist, and a maybe from Marmaduke for Home Guard. With Darque championing the no-tourney arena team and with The Visionist being a staunch advocate of the no-tourney arena, things are looking pretty grim.

At least when we fill half the team with NPCs, there is a chance that Ferd the Tower will be one of them.

If you're looking for a few more bodies I might be able to help you fill some spots though it's not likely that it will make the team stronger. The majority of my guys are pretty young and green.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
If you're looking for a few more bodies I might be able to help you fill some spots though it's not likely that it will make the team stronger. The majority of my guys are pretty young and green.

Mannequin

If you aren't planning on joining another region, Home Guard would love to have you. Young and green is one of our specialties (old and grey being the other one).
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic