New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Duel II
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You were probably the only one eating the McRib. Smile

I do think they should take advantage of a marketing opportunity with the new change. Implement new features or introduce some new weapons or styles or features or something...just a thought...
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree 100% I would love to see something a new.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, how about we put together a list of things that we would like to see changed about the game.

I will start a thread in game changes.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
Duel2?!? Is the top warrior still called the duelmaster or is it the duel2master now?

The signal is given for the duel2 to begin.

Both fighters are engaged in a fast-paced duel2!

I really hope they got paid off by the WotC Nazis instead of bending to legal pressure. With all the naming talent and creativity available in this forum, they should have put it up for discussion as to what to call the game.

I formally kick off the discussion with 12 names better than Duel2:

Duelmistresses
Duelhamsters
DM
Duelling Masters
Bloodmasters
Arenamasters
Blademasters
Swordmasters
Sands of Alastari
Poke-a-man (ok WotC might have problems with that too)
(*) The game formerly known as Duelmasters
Frothingmasters

Can we change the name back after "Duel masters" goes bust next year?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LordSteel
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello
I will come right out of the box and say I do not like the new name. It sounds so fake. It will always be DuelMasters to me. I am a long time vet of the game so I just wanted to add another opinion to the conversation. I am new to this site, not to the R.S.I. site but new to this area of the site. I have been away from the game for quite some time so the name change was a surprise. I do hope R.S.I. took em for a whole lot of cash for the name change though. I have had teams in 10-Kolact/17-Aljafr/21-Sunset and of course Advanced. Dont know who is still playing from back in the day but my manager name was LordSteel. I am thinking about a comeback of sorts so it would be good to hear from anyone who might have played in those arenas and remember me. Oh well I have rambled on far to long. I hope to hear from any of you who might know me or even just anyone in general.

ShadowGate - Sands of Alastari sound pretty good. You are right of course there are a million names that would have been better.
How about ( Masters of the Duel ) ( Crimson Sands ) ( BladeLords ) ect. ect. ect. you get the point....lol....
LordSteel....!

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the following name instead of Duel2. I also like what LHI said about calling the arenas as The Sands. An example could be Arena 18: Sands of Talcama. I think there is a lot of better suggestions then Duel2 and hope RSI pick or have a poll for a better one.

Arenamasters: Sands of Alastari

ArenaDuel

ArenaDuel: Sands of Alastari
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LordSteel wrote:
. I have had teams in 10-Kolact/17-Aljafr/21-Sunset and of course Advanced it would be good to hear from anyone who might have played in those arenas and remember me. Oh well I have rambled on far to long. I hope to hear from any of you who might know me or even just anyone in general.

....!

I fight in KOLACT and fought there around turn 10. What was your team name and when did you play? I run the MEGAWARRIORS there. Anyways...ALOT going on there now, 20+ teams a turn and plenty of experience to gauge yourself by. Should make a return.
Matrix

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
Farnham
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it should be called:

BOB

It's spelled the same frontwards and backwards.

Farnham
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately it may have a negative effect if they don't make sure that WoTC keeps a link to our game on the site. That being I refound this game on a web search. If Duelmasters is no longer part of the name at some point doing a search for duelmasters will not yield the reality site to old managers curious if their old favorite game just happens to be around still. It was a chance thing and I was shortly re-hooked on the game Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Another question begs to be asked:
Are my guys, when they achieve the throne in lets say Tobir, no longer the Duel Master of Tobir but the Duel2 of Tobir Shocked Question
This REALLY sucks!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
neonone
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Blademasters because that is the name of the highest rating in the game, something every warrior is proud to attain.

How about Thronemasters? Sound too much like sitting on the john?

paradox23
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ThighMasters!
Myrdin
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, first of all I nominate Tloi and Otto X to be on the new name commission if there is to be one. In so far as the effect the change has had on lil ol me... I dont check the site for two days and you go and change the name on me! I cant turn my back for a moment.

I do wonder about what has gone on behind the scenes and would not be very much suprised to find out that RSI anticipated that we the duelmphmphers would raise an uproar and figure something out ourselves and that our creative flow and outrage would be propotional to the dopiness of the name they chose themselves. I cannot believe they actually want the game to be called Duel II but I have been wrong before.

Personally, out of the suggestions so far I like Arenamasters. Poke-a-man. Alastari Sands. Blood and Honor (sounds like a sequel).
I think we should have a poll with the top ten or so suggestions with a write in choice as well. We can surely come up with something and it will be named by us! That's pretty cool, a game you have been playing for a long time AND you get to name yourself.

I wish I had some cool names to suggest but I dont right now, I wonder if we might get some of the kind of legalese whats allowed in names info from RSI?

Myrdin the myrmidon

"Any fool can condemn, whine or complain
And they usually do."

"Teach what you know So that you can learn what you think you know"
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and to Jiles and Manager..... The McGristle was AWESOME...oops I mean McRib. You could feel your arteries harden as it slid down your throat, just like a nice slider from a greasy spoon!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about Duel2: Wizard Hunters (damn those Wizards from the coast Evil or Very Mad ) or Duel2: Hasbro must die!

Sorry Embarassed now where's my medicine at anyways Question

Thomas Jefferson
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Farnham wrote:
I think it should be called:

BOB

It's spelled the same frontwards and backwards.

Farnham

I'm sure that The Darkone, Mad Max, Rillion, The Greek Guy, Zalgor Prigg, Tig Toad, and myself will second that one Cool

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic