Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: ietibjnnspao
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1240

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - New Managers
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3342
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just FYI, I am working on 2 very hopeful new managers and one not so hopeful manager.

All three have never played DM. The not hopeful has been reading our turns for about 15 years but just doesn't seem to excited to be responsible for his own guys.

The other two are total virgins to the DM realm. They both seem excited but right now we are going to be busy til mid AUG.

The first of the two virgins has already gotten his RU. Not a great RU (none of the WTs start higher than 10, but at least one WL can reach 21). I know it is not always best to start with the best, but...do you think I should look for better RUs for the guy or let him learn to run average guys?

Also, Arena...Noblish Island or a normal arena? All the questions he can ask Jorja he can also ask me. I am not the best manager in the game but...

Thoughts....

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
theDarkOne
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 03, 2003
Posts: 435
Location: The Dark Citadel, CT, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If their rollups are utter trash, have them contact me and I'll donate a decent starter rollup.

I have a number of them hanging around.
View user's profileSend private message
Chief
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2003
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Also, Arena...Noblish Island or a normal arena? All the questions he can ask Jorja he can also ask me. I am not the best manager in the game but...

Thoughts....


how much does he want to be spoon-fed? if he wants to try to figure things out - 93 so he has 10 turns to experiment

if he wants loads of info from you - normal arena should be fine

_________________
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late;
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
View user's profileSend private message
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 14, 2003
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Also, Arena...Noblish Island or a normal arena? All the questions he can ask Jorja he can also ask me. I am not the best manager in the game but...

Thoughts....


how much does he want to be spoon-fed? if he wants to try to figure things out - 93 so he has 10 turns to experiment

if he wants loads of info from you - normal arena should be fine


Pick an active arena. It can be a bit disheartening when there are only 3 managers in the arena, of which some of the warriors are tourney timing so challenges don't work right, and both the other two managers have played for 15 years and know very well what they're doing.

Bigger arena allows for some variety in the fights while they get their feet wet.

Just my opinion

_________________
Seraphim (Leader of Legions all over Alastari)
Dark Arena advocate
"I don't know why everyone thinks I'm a killer"Mannequin
"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seraphim53 wrote:
Chief wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Also, Arena...Noblish Island or a normal arena? All the questions he can ask Jorja he can also ask me. I am not the best manager in the game but...

Thoughts....


how much does he want to be spoon-fed? if he wants to try to figure things out - 93 so he has 10 turns to experiment

if he wants loads of info from you - normal arena should be fine


Pick an active arena. It can be a bit disheartening when there are only 3 managers in the arena, of which some of the warriors are tourney timing so challenges don't work right, and both the other two managers have played for 15 years and know very well what they're doing.

Bigger arena allows for some variety in the fights while they get their feet wet.

Just my opinion


Or pick a known friendly smaller arena where the locals are geared to help newbies. (30, 46, etc) Or try DM11, The Heart And Soul Of Andoria, which is ever so protective of newbies .....

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3342
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both of the newbies chose Sunset-21. One is 8-2 in his first two turns the other has only run one turn and went 1-4-0-1. They all looked pretty good in their fights, even the guy that died. Both managers seemed to be stoked about the game but haven't gotten into the grove to get stats in in a timely manner. I let you know how they do.

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::