New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1583

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 119
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LePentarque wrote:
Elephant wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
Hippo killed a guy from Capital Cartel right out of the gate (random match) and he came down from the Challenger Champs to the Initiates with a TP for his bloodfeud. He won, of course. He had a lot of options. Nobody died, and Hippo picked up a ton of skills.
I guess that makes Consortium a mfbfer as well.

Let's be real here, we know it wasn't meant as Multi-faceted Blood Feuder but meant as Mother F&^cking blood fueder. I know there will be denial about how it was meant but I know how Hombre took it when he told me about it. After reading it, that's how I took it as well. It's cool I get it. Now it's time for me to evaluate if I want to play in an arena where I'm told I'm "chicken shit" and a "mother fucker" because of the way I chose to run MY team. Ever since I came back to Shadowspire, people have told me how to run my team yet no one has bothered to pay me $10.75 to run my turn. Last I checked it's a freeblades arena. It wasn't like I went to Aruak City and started DC'ing or went to Sunset and cried about DCing. It's Freeblades! So it's probably time for me to bail again. It's obvious that my recent dominance is a threat to other managers here. So when I leave you guys can go back to picking on sub .500 teams and not have deal with someone of my caliber anymore. I'm pretty sure if I bounce, Hombre will join me and vica versa. I know I can find somewhere else to spend my $21.50 a month where profanity won't be used towards me.

The Consortium was just joking.... I think the Christmas cards part made it quite obvious... Stay around and keep up the good job with a new set of cars !

A. We DO apologize as we did not intend to hurt someone's feeling as badly as we apparently did. Shame on us. Mea culpa.

B. But, aw, come on! We were just joking! Indeed, we did the nearly identical thing in North Fork in the Turf War, which is scoring designed for that to be an expected thing. We, too, are MFBFers in that case. (And when we get the chastisement comments, we will have deserved them.)

C. While SOME think the interpretation of MF is "whatever", it was purposely written to stimulate comments, but it was not specifically meant to be that. It is an open-ended "MF"; nothing more.

D. Quitting because of comments like this? Come on! No one wants to be on the bottom of a 100+point DCBF, so one SHOULD expect comments! Sheesh! (We wish now we had said
Gross DCBFer.)

E. Perhaps, since we stirred the controversy, we are the ones who should quit DM81? Again, we apologize to those who have hurt feelings or those who thought it inappropriate.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No need for anyone to quit. Lets just keep the arena going! This is the glue to my DM right now, I want this arena to keep me interested.

I do think Consortium's comment was in jest regardless of the verbiage. I also think people have been having a bad day or whatever and it may have hit a few on the wrong note.

I personally have pretty tough skin. I get hot and angry sometimes (it happens). But that makes me want to do what I was doing even more! I have been flying around not doing much lately. Maybe its time to start being more Delarq around here and up the ante in this mofo!

DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the other posts saying you should not quit. For one, since I'm fairly new to the arena your dominance had escaped my notice before now. I'd like for you to hang around so I can be part of that. Also, as one of the "sub .500, teams that you mention, it's always funner to be beat on by many different people versus the same ones over and over...

D. Noble
PecKiller
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, after reading 5 pages i am finally feel like saying something. when it boils down to it a blood feud was issued with the most possible difference in recognition points. could elephant have used someone else? yes. did he have to? no. would i do the same thing in his shoes? no, i would find the worst warrior that can beat otto instead. that is just my personal choice on how i plan to play this game with everyone in this arena.

what elephant did was within the rules rsi has. so is challenging a 0-1-0 1 recognition warrior with a 10-5-0 33 challenger iniatiate warrior. that is allowed in the rules also. i wouldnt do that and i am sure everyone else here wouldnt either. but it is allowed in the rules. what we have here is a community of players setting up "unofficial" rules and guidelines. what is a good challenge vs distasteful depends on each manager. everyone can literally do whatever they want as long as the rules allow. the community has the option to voice their opinion to cheer or bash any other manager. the important thing to remember is that opinions are just that. you can choose to do what you want as long as you are willing to accept the opinions that follow afterwards.

as to elephant saying he is thinking about quitting this arena, i dont agree. does it really matter what people think of your playing style? as long as you meet your goals for your team nothing else really should matter too much. as for otto asking opinions i feel he has a right to that also.

now to put it all in perspective i am in a situation where i really want to "down challenge". bernadette 5-0-0 66 can fight a possible 36 warriors, all with more fe. 7 have about double fe while the remaining 29 range from 2X to 8X more fe. no idea how she even got that high, luck mostly. but does that make me a "bad" manager for wanting to challenge jersey devil 4-1-1 50? that is a dc of 16 points but i see it as the most equal fight. will I? no. i will just get smashed by someone with way more fe and deal with it. i choose to follow the community rules because i dont want to deal with the results and opinions of a dc. that is how i choose to play. doesnt make me right or wrong. doesnt make elephant or otto right or wrong. there is no right or wrong. just the rules rsi puts forth and lots of opinions from the community.

lasty, kid arcane. love your stories. i appreciate the thought and time you put into them. sorry about blind tim dying. things happen even with a kd of 6. your blood feud with someone equal to kathy or someone way higher is up to you. either way i have no control over it and either way it wont change my style of play.

pec killer
50 public enemy
52 wah ching
54 asian invasion
81 gfe
Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I let Jersey Devil avoid Bernadette just because I figured she would be tempted to post that challenge. Smile

Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To all of you who have encouraged me, thanks. My main goal in this arena was to have fun. For me, the fun has been taken out of the arena by cry babies and hypocrites. It seems like every turn somone is wronged by someone else. If it wasn't my bloodfued it would have been something else. Like a Champion crying because a Challenger Champ challenged him. I grow tired of defending my every move. The fun is gone.

Just to clarify, my feelings weren't hurt and I have thick skin. When profanity like chicken shit and mother fucker is used towards me(multiple times), that crosses a line. It's personally directed at me but I'm not suppose to take it personal. There’s five pages that are suppose to be about turn 119, yet 75% of it is about my bloodfued and personal attacks. Oh wait the attacks are ok because they were only jokes.

An apology follow by "but" is not an apology. An apology filled with sarcasm is not an apology. A man that can't stand by his words: I'll let you finish the sentence. Though he didn't say it, he sure implied it. That's why it was written to "stimulate comments". That's the only MF that would do that. So Consortium, I don't need nor do I accept an apology from you. Don't leave, you should stay and try an impress others how great you are. Funny how Kellumbo was a villain for running scum in 81. There were many times I remember people saying all he can run is scum and strikers. You do the same and you’re some sort of folk hero. Just more hypocrisies of the arena. I realize I can't win against you here because you're one of the "untouchables" in the game and I'm a nobody. You can do or say whatever you want and it's ok. Don’t take any of this personal because "we" are boycotting your Christmas cards and are only joking.

This will be my last post on this website's forums. I reserve the right to pull a Brett Favre but I don't think that is likely.

I suggest everyone go read or reread Manager's post regarding all of this on page 3 of this post.

Good luck Shadowspire. You were once a great arena. I don't know you anymore. Today you lose one of your better managers.
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What a bummer - we did not even get the chance to cross swords. If you need a new place to dominate, arena 31 and 32 are open for business. A word of caution though...The Dark One has cornered the "domination" of 32 so you'd better come strong if you go there.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant, we are sorry you feel that way. You were fun to play against and good for the arena. The apology was heartfelt; we are sorry you feel otherwise on that topic also. We understand from your recent post that your feelings are hurt and that you are angry with us. We apologize again.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seriously?!?! .... Waaaaahhhh!!! What a joke ....
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Ben! You coming back now? Laughing

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
To all of you who have encouraged me, thanks. My main goal in this arena was to have fun. For me, the fun has been taken out of the arena by cry babies and hypocrites. It seems like every turn somone is wronged by someone else. If it wasn't my bloodfued it would have been something else. Like a Champion crying because a Challenger Champ challenged him. I grow tired of defending my every move. The fun is gone.

Just to clarify, my feelings weren't hurt and I have thick skin. When profanity like chicken shit and mother fucker is used towards me(multiple times), that crosses a line. It's personally directed at me but I'm not suppose to take it personal. There’s five pages that are suppose to be about turn 119, yet 75% of it is about my bloodfued and personal attacks. Oh wait the attacks are ok because they were only jokes.

An apology follow by "but" is not an apology. An apology filled with sarcasm is not an apology. A man that can't stand by his words: I'll let you finish the sentence. Though he didn't say it, he sure implied it. That's why it was written to "stimulate comments". That's the only MF that would do that. So Consortium, I don't need nor do I accept an apology from you. Don't leave, you should stay and try an impress others how great you are. Funny how Kellumbo was a villain for running scum in 81. There were many times I remember people saying all he can run is scum and strikers. You do the same and you’re some sort of folk hero. Just more hypocrisies of the arena. I realize I can't win against you here because you're one of the "untouchables" in the game and I'm a nobody. You can do or say whatever you want and it's ok. Don’t take any of this personal because "we" are boycotting your Christmas cards and are only joking.

This will be my last post on this website's forums. I reserve the right to pull a Brett Favre but I don't think that is likely.

I suggest everyone go read or reread Manager's post regarding all of this on page 3 of this post.

Good luck Shadowspire. You were once a great arena. I don't know you anymore. Today you lose one of your better managers.

Wow. Rolling Eyes

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
I reserve the right to pull a Brett Favre but I don't think that is likely.

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to text us photos of his junk.
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Elephant wrote:
I reserve the right to pull a Brett Favre but I don't think that is likely.

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to text us photos of his junk.

HA! I just about did an iced tea spit take on my screen.
Maybe he's planning on pulling a Pee-Wee Herman...pulling being the operative word of course. Very Happy

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant, thanks for the "call out" in the newsletter.

They say that any "advertisement" is good, but we wonder as that ad was a little testy.

We can only say that all of what you say is not close to truth, in our opinion.

We hope you get over your anger some day.

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Elephant, thanks for the "call out" in the newsletter.

They say that any "advertisement" is good, but we wonder as that ad was a little testy.

We can only say that all of what you say is not close to truth, in our opinion.

We hope you get over your anger some day.

Ignore him. Your post that offended him was clearly meant to be a joke, but he didn't see it that way. Don't lose any sleep over him or his ad. I think all of us realize you're not the bad guy he is trying to make you out to be here.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum