New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - HW 864 Turn 8
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Look! STYGIA made it all the way to the Argossian sea, which is not good for anyone else.

Stygia is an NPK, he looks still intact with his original provinces doesn't he?

Quote:
ARGOS has been pushed almost completely into the ocean. What will they do when they lose all their beach property, I wonder?

I hardly think losing one of my original land provinces counts as pushed into the brink. Considering I'm a solo player surrounded by a (seemingly) huge ass alliance, I think I'm hanging in there. Still able to get to Imperial Status.

Huge @$$ alliance? It's me and Pictland. Considering our positions (2nd best Navy and No treasury for PICT) it was wise for us to ally! Once you peaced me I had no choice but to ask for help eliminating you on land! Unfortunately all I could find was PICT, fortunately he was succesful in cutting your razor thin country in half. See you next War Set Exclamation

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if Stygia is being run by someone who simply wishes to remain anonymous?? Because, for a NPK, it's doing remarkably well. That move to the Argossean Sea... It's a pretty neat little maneuver.

On the other hand, the NPK's on my end are pretty tough. They raid incessantly and try to invade provinces I've taken. (The ungrateful swine! Give them a little civilization and are they thankful?) We'll just have to see what the next Peace Years will tell us.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
I wonder if Stygia is being run by someone who simply wishes to remain anonymous?? Because, for a NPK, it's doing remarkably well. That move to the Argossean Sea... It's a pretty neat little maneuver.

What map are you looking at? Argos rules the seas. Stygia doesn't have a single sea province.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
What map are you looking at? Argos rules the seas. Stygia doesn't have a single sea province.

Ha hah!! That is TOO funny! Embarassed I told you I was just looking at the map and commenting as I went along! My quick review and initial impressions are causing some unintentional ripples. I apologize. I just now got out the big Hyborian War map and placed the blue map against it. You're absolutely right. Stygia hasn't taken anything at all. I thought Stygia had grown and cut off Shem from Zamboula (284) and swept over to the coast, forming a wide barrier between the north and south, but I was mistaken. Stygia has simply held fast to its original provinces. Remarkable, in any case. But on the other hand, Argos does have just TWO provinces on land, that I can see. Lots of ocean, though. Rolling Eyes

sigh. Is everyone having lots of fun? How many will still be playing by the time we get to the next Peace Years? How many alliances will still be intact? Mad
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
NEMEDIA is being strangled.

??? I've taken one province from Aquilonia and lost one province to Aquilonia. Considering Aquilonia was set piece in three of my provinces at the start of this last turn, Nemedia is doing just fine.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's hard to tell from the maps. I think Argos only lost one land province. The little lines seperating provinces are very tough to see on the blue map. I thought Argos had lost Pallos from the blue map only to discover it was Messantia. An example of how hard to read the map is considering I received a blue map that was difficult to distiguish my neighbors' loss.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
It's hard to tell from the maps.... An example of how hard to read the map is considering I received a blue map that was difficult to distiguish my neighbors' loss.

In any case, folks seem awful touchy about discussing it. Cool

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
It's hard to tell from the maps.... An example of how hard to read the map is considering I received a blue map that was difficult to distiguish my neighbors' loss.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that many players haven't received their turns yet so they haven't seen the full map. As for the "touchiness", I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how you're doing. Some people will be upset if they've gotten off to slow/bad starts. Some people who are doing well won't like having it pointed out to others because they want to stay under the radar.

It appears as though Border Kingdom, Tombalku & Vanaheim have been eliminated at this time.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that many players haven't received their turns yet so they haven't seen the full map. As for the "touchiness", I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how you're doing. Some people will be upset if they've gotten off to slow/bad starts. Some people who are doing well won't like having it pointed out to others because they want to stay under the radar.

It appears as though Border Kingdom, Tombalku & Vanaheim have been eliminated at this time.

Mannequin

Have not rec'd ours yet. (Luckily we are not BORD, TOMB, or VANA.) Rolling Eyes

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Look! STYGIA made it all the way to the Argossian sea, which is not good for anyone else.

Stygia is an NPK, he looks still intact with his original provinces doesn't he?

Quote:
ARGOS has been pushed almost completely into the ocean. What will they do when they lose all their beach property, I wonder?

I hardly think losing one of my original land provinces counts as pushed into the brink. Considering I'm part of a (seemingly) huge ass alliance, I think I'm hanging in there. Still able to get to Imperial Status.

Fixed your post.
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
It's hard to tell from the maps. I think Argos only lost one land province. The little lines seperating provinces are very tough to see on the blue map. I thought Argos had lost Pallos from the blue map only to discover it was Messantia. An example of how hard to read the map is considering I received a blue map that was difficult to distiguish my neighbors' loss.

It looks like both the Picts and Shem have taken a chunk out of Argos.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Huge @$$ alliance? It's me and Pictland.

Not you, you're likely just a periphery member. Pictland is allied with pretty much all of the North East. The good news is that a lot of you have conflicting victory conditions and you'll have to turn on each other eventually.
If you have no other allies, I might find one in case you're the next one to get voted out!

Quote:

Fixed your post.

Hah, the map pretty much speaks for itself!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
PEACE YEARS!! At last!! My treasury is dead. Looking at the big blue map I see a lot of surprises. Or not; I guess I didn't really know what to expect....

The neighborhood has changed, that's for sure. KHITAI hasn't done too badly, though not that great. Still haven't managed to do more than take a few drinks in the KAMBULJAN rivers before being forced back across my borders. That sucks! But at least KAMBULJA hasn't been expanding. Although they've managed to keep me out of there, it's cost them heavily in manpower. Hopefully I will be able to fill my armies to capacity and just roll in there, at the same time pushing against (or into) KUSAN. It's my basic strategy at this point, anyway. Doesn't take a genius to see it's about all I can do, unless I get someone this next peace years who is at least EXCELLENT in diplomacy and can help me break this alliance!!

I have to admit that OAB is spreading out in KUSAN nicely. Too nice, in fact. Probably met his imperial goals. I've gotta figure out a way to break his forced alliance and then sashay over and slaughter them all. Soon, I hope. HYRKANIA doesn't seem to have done much lately against KUSAN, either. Although HYRKANIA is definitely expanding.

TURAN has abandoned the east and is heading west. In fact, they have broadened their sphere of influence considerably. Right now this looks like the kingdom to beat. Gotta be #1. Wow! But, IRANISTAN is definitely spreading out. They have an agenda, folks. If [b]TURAN and IRANISTAN are allowed to forge an unholy alliance, they'll probably be able to split the western hemisphere between themselves -- one going northwest and the other southwest.[/b]Look! STYGIA made it all the way to the Argossian sea, which is not good for anyone else. AMAZONIA seems to have spread out a bit, and hold on to what's they've taken. Most of the southern kingdoms, however,seem to just be holding on to what they started out with. KESHAN and PUNT are the exceptions, but they haven't expanded much -- so far. It's been a jungle out there! (BA-DING!)

Up north it ain't been no picnic, neither. NEMEDIA is being strangled. SHEM looks like it got spread out a bit too thin and is having part of itself hacked off. Same for KOTH. These two should probably kiss and make up before they end up fulfilling a suicide pact. Haven't they heard? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend -- sort of." Meanwhile, CORINTHIA is likewise being squeezed out by ZAMORA and BRYTHUNIA, which have both managed to take the lion's share of provinces in their respective neighborhoods.

KHORAJA has done very well for itself, surprisingly. They've made the most of their potential, and if TURAN is #1, this kingdom, as far as the map shows, has got to be #2. Spreading out 400% is an awesome accomplishment, especially considering the surrounding kingdoms.

The PICTS and ASGARDIANS seem to have wiped out VANAHEIM. The ravens feast well up north, it seems. ARGOS has been pushed almost completely into the ocean. What will they do when they lose all their beach property, I wonder?

HYPERBOREA is heading east and will soon engage HYRKANIA... unless ZAMORA distracts them.

This has just been a quick commentary. A few random thoughts typed as they came to mind, one eye on the screen and the other on the map. Anyone have any details they want to share?

What do you mean, Westeroo? Our alliance is a very HOLY one.
The SHAH (heading off to pray after he takes advantage of all the vestil virgins Commander Turan sent.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fyi I would bet money that the silent amazonian is in first place.
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Fyi I would bet money that the silent amazonian is in first place.

I left Corey alone down in AMAZ as it looked like Juma was being played and i figured they would keep themselves busy ...sadly looks like Juma dropped.

I can confirm TOMB is gone and was not played.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic