New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Pop Warner
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats right all! Still in it this year!

I am defensive coordinator for the team. We are going into the second round of the playoffs! If we win this one its on to the Mid Florida Championships at the Citrus Bowl.

Our defense has been stout as heck this year. 33-7, 37-0, 34-0, 19-6, 18-12, 6-31 (Our only loss 8 of our kids were out with flu), 20-12, 12-6 during the regular season. Our 1st playoff game ended up 13-6 as well.

For those that know football I ran 3 defenses this year. Our base was a 5-3 but we also ran a 4-3 monster package where the Strong Safety (our best player) was a monster back and just played all over the field including any weak spots on the line, and then a 6-2 for short yardage stuff.

We went 7-1 in the regular season and won our division. We won our first playoff game in dominating fashion and this sunday is game 2 against a team we beat earlier in the year in double overtime with a dramatic 4th down 1 handed grab in the end zone.

My son plays Noseguard and wants to play linebacker but is turtlelike in his speed. He is quick off the line and is short and stocky as heck, he has made a bunch of solo tackles this year at the line, but chasing people down isn't his forte.

Anyway, just wanted to brag. I think we are the first St Cloud (small town) pop warner team to go past round 1 in about 15 years.

Last edited by Tripwire on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats and good luck!

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Thats right all! Still in it this year!

I am defensive coordinator for the St Cloud Florida Pop Warner Junior Pee-wee team. We are going into the second round of the playoffs! If we win this one its on to the Mid Florida Championships at the Citrus Bowl.

Our defense has been stout as heck this year. 33-7, 37-0, 34-0, 19-6, 18-12, 6-31 (Our only loss 8 of our kids were out with flu), 20-12, 12-6 during the regular season. Our 1st playoff game ended up 13-6 as well.

For those that know football I ran 3 defenses this year. Our base was a 5-3 but we also ran a 4-3 monster package where the Strong Safety (our best player) was a monster back and just played all over the field including any weak spots on the line, and then a 6-2 for short yardage stuff.

We went 7-1 in the regular season and won our division. We won our first playoff game in dominating fashion and this sunday is game 2 against a team we beat earlier in the year in double overtime with a dramatic 4th down 1 handed grab in the end zone.

My son plays Noseguard and wants to play linebacker but is turtlelike in his speed. He is quick off the line and is short and stocky as heck, he has made a bunch of solo tackles this year at the line, but chasing people down isn't his forte.

Anyway, just wanted to brag. I think we are the first St Cloud (small town) pop warner team to go past round 1 in about 15 years.

We know you love that stuff, and when one's kid is involved!!!!!!!
Looks like you have managed a fine one. Kudos!
Good luck Sunday and thereafter ..... keep us posted.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Off to the Mid Florida Championship in the Citrus bowl on the 31st!

A hard fought 13-6 victory tonight sends us to the mid florida championship. We scored with 20 seconds left to make it 13-6 and then kicked off to the other team and they ran it back to the 10!! With no time outs and 3 seconds left at the 1 yard line they ran out of time.

Very exciting game.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Off to the Mid Florida Championship in the Citrus bowl on the 31st!

A hard fought 13-6 victory tonight sends us to the mid florida championship. We scored with 20 seconds left to make it 13-6 and then kicked off to the other team and they ran it back to the 10!! With no time outs and 3 seconds left at the 1 yard line they ran out of time.

Very exciting game.

All right!
Well done!
And a REAL Happy Halloween to you!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats! Good luck on the 31st. Playing in a big stadium like the Citrus Bowl is going to be an awesome experience for the kids.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any chance you'd be open to being D-Coordinator for the Wolverines? I first must ask that you don't run the 3-3-5.

Good Luck and bring it home!!!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

District Champs! We just won the mid florida pop warner Jr Pee-wee championship!

12-6 in OT.

They scored on a kick return for a TD and we scored after driving the ball down the feild.

Then in OT they got the ball on the 10 and we stuffed them, then we got it on the 10 and scored.

Awesome job by our kids!

Next stop state championships. We get a 1st round bye because of our 11-1 record so have to wait to see who we play in 2 weeks.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
District Champs! We just won the mid florida pop warner Jr Pee-wee championship!

12-6 in OT.

They scored on a kick return for a TD and we scored after driving the ball down the feild.

Then in OT they got the ball on the 10 and we stuffed them, then we got it on the 10 and scored.

Awesome job by our kids!

Next stop state championships. We get a 1st round bye because of our 11-1 record so have to wait to see who we play in 2 weeks.

Well done! State Championships! Big time! Double your salary! Heck, triple it! Kudos to the kids.

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alas the jr pee-wee team has fallen in the second round of the state playoffs.

13-20. The defense held well but the other team got 2 interceptions for TD's. They only scored 6 on their offensive side.

Was a great season.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on a great season! Great job by your defense!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos! We surely hope your son does NOT do that well when he is introduced to DM. Wink

DEFENSE. DEFENSE. DEFENSE.

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well a new year has come and almost gone.

This year I am the Head Coach of the same Jr Pee-wee team from last year (new players mostly but some good ones.)

As head coach some things I have changed is I actually coach the offensive line. I think it is neglected in youth football. I am still a defensive guy overall but O line is my baby this year.

6-0 this year so far with only 1 game to go! (7-0 if you count the pre-season game).

22-0, 28-0, 38-0, 12-6, 34-0, 33-0

We actually have changed it up a lot and run the spread as well as the wing-t (spread out wing-t).

Last year defensively we only had a 6-2 but as we move up in the ranks and get better I decided to add 2 new formations the Gap-8 (Basically an 8-3) and a 5-3 (Monster package). Still run oriented defenses and my philosophy is to stop the pass by rushing hard and making them throw it quickly and it worked so far to a tee.

Last game of the regular season is this coming saturday a home game vs our toughest in conference opponent yet. We are 6-0 and our opponent is 4-2 but they are undefeated in conference. So it is a important game. We already made the playoffs but this game will determine home field and first round bye.

Anyway its been a blast coaching these kids but I had no idea how much work it was being a head coach. It goes way beyond the x's and o's dealing with parents, and the league and pop warner, team mom's and keeping the books. Crazy.

If I don't post again you can follow along on mid florida pop warner website. My team is the St Cloud Jr Pee-wee (division 2).

http://www.ohmyscores.com/p/standingsmidfl.aspx

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoops repost! For some reason it posted 2 times..

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gooooooo BULLDOGS!

Onward to State!

Well done, Trip!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic