New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Yet another skill question
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tas2826
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, so a warrior, minus stat burns can learn 20 skills per area for a total of 100. I think I am all well and good there. So that puts them at being able to get Adv Exp in whatever.

Then how do they above that per the chart below?

Expert - 16 skills
Advanced Expert - 20
Master - 26
Advanced Master - 34
Grandmaster - 44
ArchMaster - 56
BladeMaster – 70

I assume that once a warrior makes it to ADM, then the door opens for them to exceed the 20 mark?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tas2826 wrote:
Okay, so a warrior, minus stat burns can learn 20 skills per area for a total of 100. I think I am all well and good there. So that puts them at being able to get Adv Exp in whatever.

Then how do they above that per the chart below?

Expert - 16 skills
Advanced Expert - 20
Master - 26
Advanced Master - 34
Grandmaster - 44
ArchMaster - 56
BladeMaster – 70

I assume that once a warrior makes it to ADM, then the door opens for them to exceed the 20 mark?

If you learn the 20 skills in each category first AND THEN train stats, the skills you get from stat raises are tacked onto that total.

So just to recap, if you train ST from 14 to 15, then learn skills, you'll only be able to learn 19 Attack and 19 Parry, giving you 20 more Attack and Parry than you started with (1 each from the stat raise and 19 from learns). If you learn 20 Attack and 20 Parry, and then train ST from 14 to 15, you now have 21 more Attack and Parry than you started with.

In addition to this, the Primus arena allows a warrior to learn 5 extra skills in each category (for a total of 25 learned skills in each category), as well as re-learn burnt skills.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, not covered by anyone so far here in your discussions, in Basic you can train any/all attributes to 21, not until after you get to ADM can you TRAIN past 21. 25 is the MAX period.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tas I think they may be missign your question a bit; or, I am missing it.

You can learn 20 skills in each area, for 120 not 100.

Now, your warrior starts with cetain skills, as you will see from the terrablood warrior creation tool. For example, let's look at a Lunger who starts 9 5 10 17 21 9 13.

He starts with:
12 Init skills
8 Rip
16 Attack, which is expert attack
6 Parry
12 Defense
10 Decise

Assuming no bonuses or negatives. As a side, if he starts with expert in Initiative he would be bonused 4 in that area.

Now, you can learn 20 skills in each of these areas on top of the ones he begins with; therefore, he can get to 36 attack, which is slightly above advanced master.

Again, pay heed to what they say about burning skills (training stats); you must learn to do that strategically.

Again, Wit is very important. I hope this helps a bit.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tas2826 wrote:
Okay, so a warrior, minus stat burns can learn 20 skills per area for a total of 100. (120 skills - 20 ea, in, ri, at, df, pa, dc) I think I am all well and good there. So that puts them at being able to get Adv Exp (20 total in that skill) in whatever.

Then how do they above that per the chart below? (They start with some base skills, AND, then, can add the 20 per skill, either through training skills, or through stats which add skills) Expert - 16 skills
Advanced Expert - 20
Master - 26
Advanced Master - 34
Grandmaster - 44
ArchMaster - 56
BladeMaster – 70

I assume that once a warrior makes it to ADM, then the door opens for them to exceed the 20 mark? NO;the only way they exceed the 20 is training skills first, then stats which add skills - or win a TC which can potentially add skills

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
tas2826
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I got it now and I see the reason for watching the stat burns. So for warrirors a manager has a plan for in ADM by conserving the stat burns for as long as possible, it ensures the warrior can top out as high as possible in skills. Thank you all for your patience in explaining.
tas2826
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:

Now, your warrior starts with cetain skills, as you will see from the terrablood warrior creation tool. For example, let's look at a Lunger who starts 9 5 10 17 21 9 13.

He starts with:
12 Init skills
8 Rip
16 Attack, which is expert attack
6 Parry
12 Defense
10 Decise

Assuming no bonuses or negatives.

A few more questions/clarifications regarding the example warrior above:

1. When you train a stat, is the burn only in the affected area? For example, raising STR, according to the Terrablood chart equates to ATT and PAR skills. So, if STR is raised, do you burn skills just in ATT and PAR, or in all 6 areas?

2. If you attempt a stat raise and fail, do you still burn the skills?

3. Again using the example above. I have an ATT potential of 36 total. I decide I want to train STR. I train to 10, I gain no skill for the raise, but burn one because of the raise. Next turn, I train STR to 11, this burns a skill, etc. up to 15 STR. So the net impact on my ATT skill potential is:

36 potential ATT initial
-1 (for STR to 10)
-1 (for STR to 11)
-1 (for STR to 12)
-1 (for STR to 13)
-1 (for STR to 14)
-1 (for STR to 15)

So now I have a potential of 30 ATT total? And after all that stat raising all I have gained (according to Terrablood) is ATT going from 16 to 17? And, in essence I have prevented my warrior form being able to achieve an Adv Master until Primus when the burns can be re-learned?

4. Last, how in the hell would a warrior ever make it to Blademaster? Even with no skill burns, the +5 skills available for going to Primus and maxxing stats, it seems nearly impossible. I take it there are not a lot of Blademasters running around Primus?

Last edited by tas2826 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You only burn skills on the trains that get you skills. You can train ST from 9 to 15 and only burn 1ATT and 1 PAR on the 15, all other trains are just att raises. Only in the areas affected

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tas2826 wrote:
A few more questions/clarifications regarding the example warrior above:

1. When you train a stat, is the burn only in the affected area? For example, raising STR, according to the Terrablood chart equates to ATT and PAR skills. So, if STR is raised, do you burn skills just in ATT and PAR, or in all 6 areas?

A skill is only burned if you gain it while doing a stat train. So raising ST from 14 to 15 would result in 1 Attack and 1 Parry being added to your skills and burned (being removed from the total number of Attack and Parry skills you can learn before Primus).

Quote:
2. If you attempt a stat raise and fail, do you still burn the skills?

No.

Quote:
3. Again using the example above. I have an ATT potential of 36 total. I decide I want to train STR. I train to 10, I gain no skill for the raise, but burn one because of the raise. Next turn, I train STR to 11, this burns a skill, etc. up to 13 STR. So the net impact on my ATT skill potential is:

36 potential ATT initial
-1 (for STR to 10)
-1 (for STR to 11)
-1 (for STR to 12)
-1 (for STR to 13)

So now I have a potential of 32 ATT total? And after all that stat raising all I have gained (according to Terrablood) is ATT going from 16 to 17? And, in essence I have prevented my warrior form being able to achieve an Adv Master until Primus when the burns can be re-learned?

No skills are burned for any of those stat raises to levels that garner no skills.

Quote:
4. Last, how in the hell would a warrior ever make it to Blademaster? Even with no skill burns, the +5 skills available for going to Primus and maxxing stats, it seems nearly impossible. I take it there are not a lot of Blademasters running around Primus?

Lets say in the above example, you have the warrior who is 9-5-10-17-21-9-13 and has starting skills of 12 Ini 8 Rip 16 Att 6 Par 12 Def and 10 Dec. You don't train any stats and learn 20 skills in each area, he now has 32 Ini, 28 Rip, 36 Att, 26 Par, 32 Def, and 30 Dec.

He is in ADM now, and you train WL from 21 to 25. He gains 4 Att, 4 Dec, 4 Par, and 4 Ini, for skill totals of 36 Ini, 28 Rip, 40 Att, 30 Par, 32 Def, and 34 Dec.

He then trains WT to 25, learning 6 Attack, 5 Decise, 6 Defense, 6 Init, and 6 Rip. He now has 42 Ini, 34 Rip, 46 Att, 30 Par, 38 Def, and 39 Dec.

He then goes to Primus and learns his extra Primus skills (an extra 5 in each area), so he now has 47 Ini, 39 Rip, 51 Att, 35 Par, 43 Def, and 44 Dec.

This process continues until he is 25-25-10-25-25-25-25 and he has an eye-popping number of skills.
tas2826
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, that all makes sense. Thanks for helping me understand. One other question, what about CN, is it tied to any skills?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tas2826 wrote:
Ok, that all makes sense. Thanks for helping me understand. One other question, what about CN, is it tied to any skills?

Nope. You can train CN all day long and it will have no effect on your skills.
tas2826
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay another skill question.

How do you determine when you are bonused?

I get the obvious ones, like:

- Ambidextrous get a +1 on attack

- If you use the charts or TB and determine your warriors starting skills and it comes out 12 on attack, then you submit him and his overview comes back expert in attack, then you know he is at least +2 bonused

First, am I correct on the above two points?

Second, let's say I roll a guy and he is 10 attack initially, is there any way to determine if he is say, +2 attack bonused?

Maybe this is in the charts and I am missing it. Thanks in advance for the help.

The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tas2826 wrote:

- If you use the charts or TB and determine your warriors starting skills and it comes out 12 on attack, then you submit him and his overview comes back expert in attack, then you know he is at least +2 bonused

Second, let's say I roll a guy and he is 10 attack initially, is there any way to determine if he is say, +2 attack bonused?

Maybe this is in the charts and I am missing it. Thanks in advance for the help.

This is me, sorry, cookies logged me in on the old account.

Also, above, clarification:

that would actually be +4 bonused. Not sure if that is possible, but illustrates the question.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Master wrote:
tas2826 wrote:

that would actually be +4 bonused. Not sure if that is possible, but illustrates the question.

If you enter your warriors stats into Terrablood, beside the Wit statements you will see the expected starting skills in each area. If the Wit statements differ, by reviewing again on Terrablood you can see if your warrior is bonused or hosed.

This doesn't always work, as in your example above, the Wit statement would be the same for 12 attack and 14 attack so there would be no way to determine his bonus until he reaches Expert.

If I understood the last part of your question, you can be hosed/bonused up to + or - 4 skills in each area with some style exceptions.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Master wrote:
tas2826 wrote:

If you enter your warriors stats into Terrablood, beside the Wit statements you will see the expected starting skills in each area. If the Wit statements differ, by reviewing again on Terrablood you can see if your warrior is bonused or hosed.

This doesn't always work, as in your example above, the Wit statement would be the same for 12 attack and 14 attack so there would be no way to determine his bonus until he reaches Expert.

If I understood the last part of your question, you can be hosed/bonused up to + or - 4 skills in each area with some style exceptions.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum