New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Skyrim
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can honestly say this is the most amazing game I've ever played on any platform in my life. It's such an open and explorative experience. No matter what you do, how you do it and how you develop your character.... there is an infinite number of opportunities ahead of you. I'm spending WAY too much time playing this game at night.....

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
I can honestly say this is the most amazing game I've ever played on any platform in my life. It's such an open and explorative experience. No matter what you do, how you do it and how you develop your character.... there is an infinite number of opportunities ahead of you. I'm spending WAY too much time playing this game at night.....

Is this a single or multiplayer game?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Single player first person (although you can zoom out to 3rd person view and use any angle of view you prefer given the situation).

bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the only Elder Scrolls game i ever played was Oblivion and i loved it..

i guess i'll have to go out and get this one now!

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm playing Oblivion now as a recap before I start Skyrim, but I'm getting more and more pumped as the days go on because I keep hearing great things about it. I have to complete it all or I don't feel "fulfilled." I have the PC version, but started it on the Xbox360. Now nothing short of getting every achievement will allow me to move on.

I have 2 other games along with Skyrim that I haven't even opened yet (Batman: Arkham City and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3). Not sure which way I'll go when I finish up Oblivion.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I hate to rain on your RPG parade, but aren't you guys still married??!! Surprised

I love RPG's too, and have played quite a few on the Dreamcast and Playstation (I,II, & III) systems. Even an ugly, blocky one on the original Nintendo system. Three things they all have in common:

1) An implausible story that may or may not be interesting, but in any case it's the basis for exploring and fighting.

2) Magic and technology used in conjunction -- hopefully with good special effects!!

3) A wife in the background saying annoying things like: "This AGAIN?", or "When are you going to be finished with it?!", or "You're TRYING to avoid having any time with me, right? Just say it: you're tired of me! You don't want to be married anymore!" etc. etc.

Consequentially, I play mostly at night on the weekends and holidays -- and pay a "sleep tax" in the process. When do you guys find the time to play these epic 100+ hour games? Smile

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What path are you guys taking with perks? I'm level 15 with a few perks to spend.. I went high elf mage type. Was thinking heavy Destruction/Resto and dabble in Enchanting/alchemy. Anyone go heavy into the other mage schools?
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm levelling slowly on two toons. The first is a level 16 Thief/Assassin build going dual 1h and bow while working on smithing. The second is a level 8 high elf mage going destruction/conjuration/restoration. I haven't used too many perks yet on the mage because I'm waiting to see how I really want to build him and what works best.

Oh and Arcane... I am married with a four year old daughter and Skyrim (along with DM) only gets touched after they're both asleep at night. So I get a couple of hours to do as I please every night. That's an advantage of playing a single player RPG as opposed to an MMORPG with others.

Last edited by MarmaDuke on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Consequentially, I play mostly at night on the weekends and holidays -- and pay a "sleep tax" in the process. When do you guys find the time to play these epic 100+ hour games? Smile

Insomnia does have its benefits Wink Nah, I'm guessing some of the guys on here are not married with children. I am, but I'm like you in many ways taking my nights and weekend times to unwind with the game instead of television. I pick my time and my wife has her little pleasure excursions too -- mani-pedis, therapeutic massages, shopping for any and everything. Those are good gaming times as well. It's obviously a balance with wife and kids taking priority. My wife is pretty understanding as well because she knows that its a cheaper form of stress therapy for me.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Archelf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Know the feeling. Went Sword and Board and at lvl 42 at the moment. Heavy Armor and Little Restoration. This game is great. Finished two stories and each dungeon is still fun to explore for me. I dont think I found any daedric artifacts though. I do have an awesome sword called the nevermind ill let you experience it. This games nice because the items will level with your character so at some point youll get some very nice gear even if you dont do the story line. I imagine you would hit storyline stuff if you didnt even want too. Love the big house in the game and the npc that you can have as a vendor. Geez whats not to like so far except the henchmen that follows gets stuck in the mountains a lot. Damn enough.

Archelf
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Okay, I hate to rain on your RPG parade, but aren't you guys still married??!! Surprised

the biggest issue i have is trying to wrestle control of the xbox 360 away from my g/f-- it will be a problem when santa brings us both our wish game: skyrim for me, the new assassins creed for her. bring on the sleep tax! no kids so we pretty much do as we please as long as the cat gets his. Smile

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Skyrim is amazing. I've played the elder scrolls series since Daggerfell and loved them all. Played about 55 hours so far. Got a sword/board guy up to 25 before deciding I'd f'd up his perks and started a new character.

The new character is a thief/assassin. Currently level 42 and just about to finish off the thieves guild quest line having restored the guild to its full glory with influence in all the cities possible (just need to return a certain item now to become guildmaster). Just about 20% into the Dark Brotherhood quest line which will be my next focus. Got Sneak to 90 and can sneak through most dungeons getting one-shot dagger kills, love just getting kill cam shot after kill cam shot without much fighting. After this character is done I'll likely try a pure mage. I've never stuck with a pure mage in TES before so will be interesting to see if I can do it this time.
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny little anecdote to add here... recently had a birthday; my in-laws gave me a check and I promptly bought a game I'd heard much about: Dark Souls.

The website: Preparetodie.com is no joke. I've died and died and died and died and died and died... I'm finally up to the second boss, where I promptly died again...

Someone else bought me Batman: Arkham City so that's waiting in the wings, whenever I finish Dark Souls -- my wife is not pleased. I'm scheduling time to play; I've given up sleeping in on my weekends so that I can play a couple of hours in the morning (usually up at 0500 and sleep in a couple of hours on weekends... or I used to...)

Technology can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. I am addicted to this game... it's really sad. Sad

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to put dark souls on hold until I get tired of skyrim. If you like it go pick up Demon's souls. It's the first game and is also very tough. Not like most games where you don't die, and if you die you have to fight your way back to where you last died to reclaim you souls/experience.

In skyrim I'm lvl 29 destruct in 1 hand, axe in other. Nice to hit them with some fireballs, then the axe, then dragon shout blast them back. Having a great time with this one.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some advice for you gamers with families and other time restrictions which do, or should, limit your play time ....

1. Get old and retired
2. Get a wife who, pre-retirement said "aren't you going to spend time with the family?" and post-retirement says "aren't you going golfing today?"
3. Get those kids up and out of the house and gaming on their own computers/boxes. (The youngest daughter (27) and her fiance are both into Skyrim.)
4. Continue that exercise plan by playing late at night and early in the AM and sometimes during the day in between. ( But not during golf.)
5. Pray for good health and long life so you can keep on gaming.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic