Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling from SC
Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:19 pm
ANNOUNCING TURF WAR VIII; DM47; JULY 2012
Donít miss the premier event in all Alastari! Gather an alliance. (2 to 4 managers) Select a captain. Send in your entry fee. (certs) Prepare your warriors. The competition, the acclaim, and the prizes await.
The Turf War is expected to bring ten or more teams to battle. The competition is fierce. Only one Alliance can win TW8. Will it be yours?
*TURF WAR 8 RULES*
Starting July 30 2012 (12 turns)
Bring acclaim and glory to the North Fork (DM47) arena.
Anyone may participate; known alliances, new alliances, or temporary alliances created solely to compete in the Turf War! To participate, each alliance must:
1. Announce the Captain of the alliance in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter.
2. Indicate in the newsletter which Captain/alliance you will join.
3. Announcements made on the D2 Forums or elsewhere will not be accepted.
Captains are responsible for:
1. Verifying/authorizing, in the North Fork newsletter those who wish to participate under the banner of their alliance. (Lack of participant indication of joining and/or lack of lack of Captain confirmation will delay a teamís participation in the Turf War.)
2. Distribution of prizes should their alliance win the Turf War.
3. Submit two (2) RSI Roll-Up Certificates to participate. (Note: Captains may, if they wish, submit certs for all potential members of their alliance.)
Participating managers who are not Captains must:
1. Submit two (2) RSI Roll-Up Certificates to participate (Unless already submitted by Captain. Note: extras will not be returned, but will go into the winning pool of prizes.)
2. Announce their intent to compete with manager name, team name, and alliance they will represent in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter. Announcement made on the D2 Forums will not be accepted.
a. No scores will be tabulated until an RSI Gift Certificate is received, and participant indication and captain confirmation are posted in the North Fork newsletter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
b. Before a manager can compete, he/she must declare themselves in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter as stated above AND be verified in the newsletter by the alliance Captain they will represent.
c. Only one (1) team per player may compete. No arena multiple teams or aliases will be allowed. Violations will result in immediate manager disqualification (including team point adjustments) from the Turf War (so be sure to take any multiple teams OFF of Team Maintenance and be certain not to run any other team warriors).
d. Scoring will NOT be retroactive for teams/alliances that do not properly declare or get captain confirmation or fail to send a Gift Certificate by Turn 1. In other words, if your Gift Certificate is not received until Turn 3 of the Turf War, and you have fought on Turns 1 and 2, your score will not begin until Turn 3. All conditions must be met before scoring will begin--declaration, verification, and Gift Certificate received.
e. No declarations or verifications will be accepted after Turn 3 of the Turf War.
f. For purposes of scoring, the moderators will score the Turf War and settle any and all disputes as they arise. Their decisions will be final. (Note: the intent is to have a very thorough set of rules so that few decisions, if any, are required from the moderators.)
Scoring will be as follows for Fights:
Win Loss Kill Die
Challenge (up or within same class) +2 -2 +5 -5
Down Challenge "Challenger" -2 -2 -5 -5
Down Challenge "Challenged" +2 0 +5 -5
Match Up +1 -1 +1 -5
Bloodfeud Challenge (Up or Down) +2 -5 +5 -10
Champion ** x2 x2 x2 x2
Dark Arena* +10 -5 xx xx
Tournament Death*** -3
Halfway (6 round total) best alliance win/loss percentage ****
Final (12 round total) alliance w/l% percentage ****
*After 2nd win in DA, warrior scores no additional points for wins,
** Champions double applies to his score only Ė not to opponent.
*** No warrior may be substituted without the proper use of the DA or arena death or death in a tournament or graduation. There must be a maximum of five only on a team at any point and time. (The penalty for such substitution is -10 points.) Points awarded for team tournament participation are 1 for 1 entrant, 3 for 2 entrants, 6 for 3 entrants, 10 for 4 entrants, and 15 for 5 entrants. A TV scores 7 points or a TC scores 15 points. Death in a tournament results in a -3 score.
***** Halfway points scored are 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5 (etc) for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (etc). (to qualify for any of these points the alliance must have fought 75% of its possible fights.) Final 12 Round points scored are 40, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5 (etc) for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd (etc). (to qualify for any of these points the alliance must have fought 75% of its possible fights.)
Special Scoring Considerations for the Turf War are as follows:
Full Team: +1
1. A team which fights 4+ warriors (Includes DAing) gets a point
Full Alliance +1
2. An alliance were ALL teams get a Full Team point earns a point
Full Team/Alliance scores
3. Will double for the last half (6 rounds) of TW8.
Style Master: +2
1. No matter how many stylemasters, an individual team can score only +2 per round
1. Duelmaster points shall be earned separate of stylemaster points.
1. A Champion may be declared, but one is not mandatory.
2. Only one Champion allowed per manager at any given time.
3. Champions that graduate or are killed by another warrior in the arena, but not the Dark Arena, may be replaced.
4. Champions must have fought at least one previous fight in the North Fork (DM47 arena) to be able to be declared a champion.
5. A Champion can be declared on any round and point factors will begin that same turn. (Must meet above 4 conditions prior to declaring)
1. Bloodfeuds will score points on all four (4) turns.
2. There is no limit to which warrior may bloodfeud or how often.
3. To score as a bloodfeud, then feud/death must have occurred totally within the TW8. (E.g. Feuds created prior to TW8 will not be deemed or scored as a bloodfeud, but rather as a challenge or downchallenge.
1. A downchallenge occurs when a warrior challenges a warrior in a lower class. (Lower class is defined as lower than the identical class. (E.g. A challenger champion class challenging a champion class is a down challenge.)
2. In TW8 a standard challenge is up (in recognition points), parallel or within the identical class but lower recognition.
3. No challenge by The Duelmaster shall be deemed a downchallenge. (This rule supersedes all other downchallenge rules.)
1. Tournament participation is allowed and ENCOURAGED as a great form of recognition for North Fork.
2. Tournament Victors won during the course of the contest will gain a one (1) time bonus of 7 points. This bonus will apply EACH time a warrior(s) wins such status.
3. Tournament Champions won during the course of the contest will gain a one (1) time bonus of 15 points. This bonus will apply EACH time a warrior(s) win such status.
4. Points awarded for tournament participation are 1 for 1 entrant, 3 for 2 entrants, 6 for 3 entrants, 10 for 4 entrants, and 15 for 5 entrants. A TV scores 7 points additional or a TC scores 15 points additional. Death in a tournament results in an additional -3 score.
5. Points for entrants, TVs, TCs, and tournament deaths will be applied the Turn after RSI posts tournament results in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter (i.e., if the results post on North Fork turn 300, points will be credited on North Fork turn 301 to the applicable teams).
1. Each alliance begins the Turf War with zero (0) points.
2. There will be NO alliance or team changes once the contest has begun. If you begin the Turf War with Alliance A, you must end the Turf War with Alliance A. If you begin the Turf War with Team A, you must end the Turf War with Team A.
3. There will be a maximum of four (4) teams/managers allowed per alliance for the Turf War VII. The minimum is two (2).
4. The Dark Arena may be used on the first FE turn (e.g. no arena or tournament fights) only, of every warrior, without penalty.
5. If at any time, the Moderators determine that any non-TW team in the arena is aiding and/or abetting any TW alliance or team, the affected points won by the gifted team/alliance will be disallowed and the aiding non-TW team will be asked to desist from play in the arena until after the Turf War concludes.
The Turf War is meant to be a "winner takes all" contest. However, for TW8, a prize (RU cert) will be awarded each of the twelve turns to the individual team/manager that fights five fights and has the best w/l record that turn. (Tiebreakers are in this order Ė kills, recognition points earned.) All prizes and 100% of the Gift Certificates will be awarded to the Captain of the winning alliance at the end of the competition. It is the responsibility of the Captain to distribute Gift Certificates. Moderators will submit a list of each manager on the winning alliance to RSI at the completion of the contest for the non-Certificate prizes.
All entry fees (rollup certs) are awarded to the winning alliance, except for the twelve reserved for the individual winning manager each week.)
The following prizes have been secured from RSI:
1. Renaming of the North Fork (DM 47) arena;
2. Renaming of all Dark Arena Monsters (two for each manager in the winning alliance, and two additional for the captain of the alliance).
3. Known Favorites for one DM47 warrior on each team of the winning alliance (warrior must be ranked Initiate or above, must be alive, and must have at least one DM47 arena fight to receive this award).
4. +1 Skill bonus (three) for each manager on the winning alliance. Bonus potions must be applied to living warriors from DM 47.
5. +1 Skill bonus potion (one) for each and every individual manager who fights in all 12 rounds AND 54 fights of the Turf War. Bonus potion must be applied to a living warrior from (DM 47)
6. Two additional rollup certs for each manager of the winning alliance from RSI.
These RSI awards will be listed by the Moderator for claiming from RSI (Lee) within 4 turns of the end of TW VI. The certs will be mailed to the winning alliance by the Moderators within two weeks of the end of the TW.
The Moderators for this event will be Oz and Master Darque. They will arbitrate all dealings during the course of the contest. Their decisions will be final. All questions, comments, and scoring disputes may be directed to Land of Oz or Darque Forces via diplo in DM 47. Managers with internet access may send a private message
to [The Consortium] or [Darque] on the Duel2 Forums. Lastly, you may also email questions, comments, and scoring disputes to rebelnerfherder at yahoo dot com or wfms101 at aol dot com.
Please note there have been rule changes from the last Turf War. Please read them carefully!
This contest will begin in late July 2012 following the Summer FTF.
**TW8 Revision 02-20-12**
_________________ Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013
959 ADM graduates (encompassing 40+ manager IDs) including 95K+ fights and 60K+ wins plus 4 teams with over 1000 wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1435*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1363; Lenpros DM30 @ 1353; Fandils DM46 1247)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum