New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Returning after 15 Years
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Silvering
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am returning after 15 years. How time fly's when you are having fun, and was wondering if there has been any major changes? Was thinking about either starting a new team or activating my old ones if there is not major changes. I still have all all my old notes and skill charts. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back!

Make sure to go and check this site out:

http://www.terrablood.com/

No major changes. Aimers OWN the top end. I ran in 14 (Tobir) for bits between 85-91 then from 2000ish on.

Arena 81 is a "No Tourney" arena so all warriors in there can have ZERO tourney experience (hidden FE) or tourney prizes placed on them. Kind of a throwback arena to the game's beginning.

If you have a team in an arena that's closed you can move it to ANY arena (I believe they still allow that to returning managers), even if you have a team there already, giving you up to 3 teams in a single arena. This is the only way to get multiple teams into a non-transfer arena.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to have you back Silvering! I was also a returning manager back in 2009 after a long hiatus. Took me awhile to get back to speed, but its been a fun ride. People are more than willing to help out a returning player these days. Not quite as many managers as when you last played, but there is a much bigger sense of community now than in the 90's, at least thats the way it seems to me.

If you havent checked out the Sticky post, alot of managers are now using the Chatzy site to exchange info, get advice, or just shoot the breeze. Here is the link: http://us2.chatzy.com/42003746228981

Stop on by, but its a little quiet tonight. There are times though that it gets pretty crowded and we get a pretty lively conversation going!

See you on the sands!
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, welcome back! Yes, the game is still here and it's still the same game. There haven't been any structural changes to the game -- styles, weapons, strategies, etc. all still as you remember. The name changed to Duel2 after Hasbro Inc. decided they'd make a game called Duel Masters. Evil or Very Mad

Some of the old arenas are closed due to low participation. If you had a team in one of them you can transfer it to any other arena, even if you already have a team there. As Street mentioned, the AB has risen to become a dominant style at the top end, and in many of the lower tournaments. It's not a change to the game per se -- it was there all along but nobody knew about it until about 2004.

So welcome back, hope you still enjoy the game as we do.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back to the fold, brother! One of the great things about this game is it just doesn't die, it's always here waiting for you to return! Lots of great, to the point advice already given and you can spend a lot of time on this site and on Terrablood just catching up.

I would invite you to start up a new team or move/reactivate a squad in Sunset, dm21, the Jewel of the Delarquan Federation. One of the hoppin'est arenas around! We'd love to have you!

Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. I am also a returning player that just started again.

Daikkan
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back!
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back to the addiction.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home. We are all glad to see you back.

Where do you live?

Ever been to a Face-To-Face Tournament?

The Face is in Philly the 2nd w/e in July.

There should be 25+ of us there.

A GREAT way to make a comeback.

No matter what - join us in an arena, on this site, on Chatsky, or at a Face. We welcome you.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd definitely suggest hitting RSI up for a new rollup - after 15 years I'm sure you're due another freebie. Then take a look at your old guys. You might have some gems - or not. Try to figure out if it's worth running them or if you would be better off starting over.

Finally if you feel you need a new team, and your new rollup from RSI is weak, contact me and I can find you a team with at least 4 runnable arena warriors so you can start off with something worth running.

Welcome back and good luck! Let us know where you ran and what your teams were called. Someone might remember you!

the Dark One
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back!

Definitely check out www.terrablood.com The warrior generator is an invaluable tool for designing warriors, as are the skill charts, damage charts, and other data. You can also find old articles on Terrablood on the right hand side of the Duel2 page, as well as in the DM-93 newsletters each turn (that is the newbie arena).

The Duel2 community is far more cooperative and far less adversarial than it once was, so if you have any questions, just post them on the forums and people will be happy to answer. I'm sure you'll be caught up to speed in no time. Good luck!
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who did you run back in the day?

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI - I ran L.U.C.K. in DM 16 (Keelhaul, Omen), Rainbow Abyss in DM 43 (Burgundy, Blue, Cimmaron) and Shadow Reign in DM 59 (Death Cry).
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Silvering wrote:
LHI - I ran L.U.C.K. in DM 16 (Keelhaul, Omen), Rainbow Abyss in DM 43 (Burgundy, Blue, Cimmaron) and Shadow Reign in DM 59 (Death Cry).

Bring bacl L.U.C.K. The Golden Gladiators and Midas rewelcome you with open arms.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum