New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus 2012!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Primus 2012
================
Who:
16 of the top teams and managers in Primus!

Each team must consist of 5 warriors of each of a *different* style.

A team may consist of one or more managers, and each manager can belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONLY encouraged to do so. But for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered". (Unlikely but you never know)

What:

The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match-play like system.

Teams will be seeded 1-16 based on the AVERAGE rank in Primus of their warriors. (As of turn 594) Warriors MUST be listed in the Turn 594 Newsletter in order to be eligible for the competition.
In case of ties in average rank, ties will be broken by the ranking of the highest warrior.

Then each team will have a ranking of 1-5 based on their ranking in Primus. (As of turn 594) During match play, The #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 4-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be a consolation round and everyone will have 4 matches--in the end everyone will have the opportunity to play 4 matches and find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

When:
The contest will take place starting on Primus Turn 596. It will run for 4 turns ending in Turn 599. However, remember that your warriors must be listed in the 594 newsletter to be eligible and it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

In case more than 16 teams sign up, Turn 595 will the "play in" round, where teams seeded on the lower end of the bracket will compete for the right to enter the competition. The number of teams who need to compete in the "play-in" round will be determined on the number of teams who enter the competition. For example, if 18 teams sign up, then the 15th seed will play the 18th seed and the 16th seed will play the 17th seed for the right to enter the main bracket. (Similar to how it works in March Madness)

How:
To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the 102 newsletter or PM/Email Manager with the following information. The Name(s) of managers on a team, the 5 warriors with ID #'s of your team, the style of your warriors, and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection. (See prize section.

Example:

Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU) *
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP)

* Denotes Royal Court Prize Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure out who you're going to match up against. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins as well to make it easier.

Prizes:

The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As a winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 600! The Winner of the contest can select two
"decrees" from a list of items that will effect how Primus plays out on it's historic Turn 600!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena for 1 turn
- Have a non-automated spy report written.
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning for the turn
- Increase/Decrease the Training % for the turn.
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage for the turn.
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge for a turn
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!

-If you have other ideas, the commission may consider it, but will have the right to refuse.

As the King of Primus, you also get the first member of your Royal Court! When entering a team, each team who participates must designate one of their warriors to be in the "twin pool". (No DYOs or roll-up altering warriors allowed) After winning, one warrior will be
drawn from the pool at RANDOM, and you will have the option to be able to "twin" that warrior's numbers and stick him on an existing team (no-tourney arenas not allowed) if you so desire. Consider carefully your odds of winning when choosing a warrior to donate to the Royal Court.

You may opt out if you desire--but if you win, you don't get this part of the prize.

The Consolation Champion (9th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish high as possible. There are 16 items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. First place gets his first choice of item in the pool, second place gets the 2nd choice and so on, and whoever finishes last gets his choice of remaining items. Here are the items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool
=======================
+1 Init Potion -- Adds 1 Init to your base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Riposte Potion -- Adds 1 to your Riposte base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Decise Potion -- Adds 1 to your Decise Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Parry Potion -- Adds 1 to your Parry Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

Morning Star Potion -- Give any Primus warrior the favorite weapon of a Morning Star!

1 Free Name Change -- Change the name of any of your warriors for free!

+2 Cool -- Add 2 to your warrior's cool! You can't increase Cool by ANY OTHER MEANS without using this potion!

Decise Tactic Potion -- Give your favorite primus warrior the Decise Tactic as his favorite tactic!

Parry Tactic Potion -- Give your favorite primus warrior the Parry Tactic as a favorite tactic!

-11 Losses Potion -- Subtract 11 losses from your Primus Team record as you make a quest for #1!

Right-Handedness Potion -- Plan ahead! There are going to be 33 new ambi warriors out there and everyone is going to be aiming for the Left Arm! Now make your left handed warriors Right Handed!

+2 Kills Potion -- Add 2 kills to your Primus team record with this prize!

RankAnywhere Prize -- Change the Primus ranking of any of your warriors from #2 to last place!

One of TMM's Leftover Team Roll-Ups: One of TMM's throwaway roll-ups will be sent to you in old-fashioned diplo format! (Can be autographed if you desire) As the game's most TC winning manager, there might be some decent stuff in his trash!

+16 FE Prize -- Add 16 FE to one of your Primus warriors! That next FE bonus is even closer!

Race-Changing Prize -- Change the race of one of your Primus warriors to an existing or even a new race!

Alternate Reality Prize -- Take any of your Primus warriors and roll-him up 5x! You will get 5 character overview sheets back! You don't actually get to keep the warriors, but you may view how your warrior might have looked like in another reality.

Riposte Favorite Learn -- Change the favorite learn of any of your Primus warriors to Riposte!

+1 Stat Training Potion -- Get a free train on any of your Primus warriors. Must be used before a tourney
freeze and can't create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Skill Learn Potion -- Get a free learned skill (your choice) on any of your Primus warriors. Must be used before a tourney
freeze and can't create an out of bounds warrior.

RSI Pencil -- Don't make it out to the FtFs and want your very own RSI pencil collectible to fill out strategy sheets? Many FtF TCs have been won with these! Now you can have your very own!

Rhythm Knowledge Prize -- Get the exact favorite offensive effort OR activity level of one of your Primus
warriors.

Primus Grudge Match Coupon -- Get a coupon for an extra Primus grudge match to be initiated at the next FtF. (Must be
initiated by your proxy if you're not in attendance)

With the exception of the name change, all warrior modifcation prizes must be used on a Primus warrior that you own.

In addition, everyone who makes it to the main bracket gets an official "King of Primus Facebook Participant Badge!" Now all of your friends will know you are an elite Primus manager. (Even if you lost 5-0 in the first round!)

Confirmed Entrants so far:
-----------------------------
1. Manager
2. The Mun
3. Marma Duke
4. Madwand
5. OAB
6. Khisanth
7. LHI
8. The Dark One
9. RR/TGG/Rillion
10. Buri
11. Otto X
12. Mannequin
13. Floyd
14. TUM
15. TMM
16. Assur/DeGotti
17. Crip
18. The Consortium
19. Papa Bear
20. Aragorn
21. Zalgor Prigg

Looking for Teams: Flagg (LU)

Last edited by Managerr on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 10 times in total
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking for someone to partner with. Styles I can bring:
- L
- WOS
- B
- AB? (need to get RSI to transfer my AB to 102)

If you've got 1-2 styles and want to join, contact me.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm IN and can't wait..... the following are my FIVE entrants of various styles:

LU - Placid Intensity 9-3352 (he will return to the Primus arena Turn 591)
AB - Masked Intruder 44-1257
PL - Malice in Chains 15-3729
SL - Beautiful But Deadly 73-5311
ST - Lassies Evin Twin 61-2411 (ROYAL COURT pick)

I'm looking forward to seeing others who can field a full team on their own do so instead of teaming up in the spirit of competition.

Thanks in advance Dwayne for organizing this fun tourney!

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....

Last edited by MarmaDuke on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in too. Already sent Lee an email enquiring if I can move some warriors to Primus early to field a full team. If I can't, I will be available to partner with someone else. I have a ST and LU in Primus currently.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in too. Already sent Lee an email enquiring if I can move some warriors to Primus early to field a full team. If I can't, I will be available to partner with someone else. I have a ST and LU in Primus currently.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.

My tentative roster:

91) SUSHI SLINGER 96-1399 SL 87 76 4 SEA DOGS (1817)
115) VAGABOND 4-6049 LU 77 59 1 SEA DOGS (1797)
148) BLIND BARBER 82-42371 WS 46 30 DUNGEON CELL 77 (1994)
176) ROYAL PRETENDER 82-33733 AB 90 95 DUNGEON CELL 21 (1993)
205) DRAGON POACHER 82-31432 TP 36 34 DUNGEON CELL 17 (1964)

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 am; edited 5 times in total
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm def in.. I can field a whole scrubby team to be announced
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in. Team TBD.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about we have the Regional Tourney first!

We all actually paid to have the Regional Tourney, since we each had to fight warriors a certain number of turns in the arena to be eligible to make the team.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am also in. Planning on claiming revenge, Dwayne...
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in:

Lazar Wolf - 4-1169 LU
Miphon 10-2706 PL
The Reaper 69-8774 AB
Sitting Bull 4-1016 TP* Royal court pick
Darkness 69-6719 SL

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
How about we have the Regional Tourney first!

We all actually paid to have the Regional Tourney, since we each had to fight warriors a certain number of turns in the arena to be eligible to make the team.

This is independent of the regional tourney...unlike the RT, Lee doesn't really have to do anything special for this one...believe me I still nag RSI about it regularly...
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How are strategies going to be handled? Are we going to just submit one strategy per warrior or will be be allowed to change them depending on the matchup?
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in too.

Frey 3-2258 WS
Popeye 59-1429 TP
Hagar 3-3717 LU *
Thunder Bug 37-3734 BA
Kalidor 69-2314 SL

The last one I'd be pulling out of retirement to make a full team. I'd rather use Tyr, who just got up there and I'd planned on running him anyway, but that would make 2 Wastes.

Last edited by _Buri_ on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking to get my sole Primus entry onto a team.

DOONE (42-1183) of FLAGG 16 (1520) LU

He's inactive right now, but I'm fixing to take care of that in a second... hopefully in time for this upcoming turn.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic