New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 145
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another unhappy turn for the Warmaster's as we attempt to fend off the 4 bloodfeuds. I will certainly be happy when those are over with.

Also interesting to see Bond-Age down-challenge 17 points to kill Eborius. He was proving to be a capable warrior despite the fact that he was barely an average one on paper. I am unsure if that's simply your normal managerial style or you are one of Grimm's wannabe thugs he warned me about that would be making my life "a little less fun". Either way, well played as I am not in a position to retaliate against you at his time. Rest assured however I have taken note of the incident and will be paying you back sometime in the future.

Speaking of Grimm, I am unsure how HAL screwed up my personal ad message so badly. Indentations and paragraphs were all wrong and it even misplaced a set of quotes that slightly changed the meaning of my post. It is reposted below in it's original format that I sent it in.

Finally, it is nice to see a new team transfer in. I hope the Bridge Burners weren't an error and are actually here to stay. I'd love to see our arena hit the 20's again.

Anyways, that's all I have for now.

Vanek

Grimm –

Our dislike for each other is well known and goes back quite a long ways in Shadowspire history. On numerous occasions you have tried to portray me as a complete know-nothing manager without talent and have shot your mouth off with inaccurate statements. So I thought it might be fun to take a few of your quotes about me and see how they actually stand up against the hard facts.

Recently after turn 143 you stated on the forums “Vanek you are a pathetic member of this game. Period. Possibly one of the most under-skilled over inflated losers to ever play this game.”

Another favorite of mine came from turn 115 on the forums when you said “Any day you want an open 1 on 1 battle with no worrying about outside challenges, I will beat you 90 plus percent. Lol, I have forgot more in this game than you will ever learn.”

After taking some time to go back and compile the numbers, I learned some interesting things. Since your turn 115 boast of being able to beat me 90 plus percent, you have actually gone 5-8 against me. For those actually keeping score at home, that is an amazing 38%. That would mean you’d have to now go 68-0 against me to live up to that statement.

I also discovered your lifetime record against me is a spectacular 15-20. Seems like I am doing pretty well against you for being the most under-skilled and over inflated loser to ever play this game, huh? When you think about it though, maybe something else is actually true. Maybe your 43% win/loss record against me and your 46% win/loss arena record actually reflect who is the true over inflated loser. I am starting to think you talk a big game to cover up the fact that you are a below average manager.

Well Grimm, I hope these stats were as entertaining for you as they were for me and the rest of Shadowspire. Maybe you should consider shutting that big yapper of yours and instead focus on trying to actually get above a 50% win/loss record. Best of luck to you buddy.

Sincerely,

Vanek

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am mailing in my turn and new team (Search the Sky) tomorrow. Everyone gets out on the sands in the sunshine -- at least for turn ONE! After that... well, at least one fighter will, very probably, be getting ready for a "night performance". Cool

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 for the Cult. Gigi retained the throne but no stat train! Looks like a team from Noblish Island wants to give Shadowspire a try! Welcome!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the rule was teams were not allowed to transfer into Shadowspire?

Only new teams to ensure no warriors with tourney experience accidentally slip in.

Sent an email to Lee and Sandy about the issue.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they will be ok as long as RSI can confirm no warrior has fought in a tourney.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Response:

While technically you're right, do you think we could make an
exception for DM 93 and check those warriors manually? By their
nature, the teams coming from that arena are from very new managers
who have played a short time and are unlikely to have participated in
a tournament, much less have any tourney prizes to put on warriors.
The reason I think an exception is appropriate is because some
managers may know they're not really interested in tournament play and
therefore would be a great fit for the no-tourney arenas.

I have checked and this particular team did not fight in the
tournament nor does he have any prizes applied to any of his warriors.

Lee

I told her fair enough.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Response:

While technically you're right, do you think we could make an
exception for DM 93 and check those warriors manually? By their
nature, the teams coming from that arena are from very new managers
who have played a short time and are unlikely to have participated in
a tournament, much less have any tourney prizes to put on warriors.
The reason I think an exception is appropriate is because some
managers may know they're not really interested in tournament play and
therefore would be a great fit for the no-tourney arenas.

I have checked and this particular team did not fight in the
tournament nor does he have any prizes applied to any of his warriors.

Lee

I told her fair enough.

I agree. As long as they checked it out already, I have no issues with that. The more the merrier!

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Say Hi to Eborius for me will you,

Second, I know you have fun compiling, but if you are honest you know I kind of vanished as a manager 2x. I was running absent due to substantial months of serious home issues and before that when I was on humanitarian work in South America (11 months). It did not stop you and your challenges, nor should it have; however, do not use your facts of picking on my team when away as any level of skill. Vanek, that is simply not true.

I have an idea, stop avoiding me. How many turns have you been most avoided team by me, 0? Now how about the other way around, many. I will not use a single avoid on your guys, now do the same for me.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Say Hi to Eborius for me will you.

Hi Eborius.

Grimm wrote:
Second, I know you have fun compiling, but if you are honest you know I kind of vanished as a manager 2x. I was running absent due to substantial months of serious home issues and before that when I was on humanitarian work in South America (11 months). It did not stop you and your challenges, nor should it have; however, do not use your facts of picking on my team when away as any level of skill. Vanek, that is simply not true.

Sounds like alot of excuses Grimm, but whatever makes you feel better at night.

Grimm wrote:
I have an idea, stop avoiding me. How many turns have you been most avoided team by me, 0? Now how about the other way around, many. I will not use a single avoid on your guys, now do the same for me.

Not a chance. I don't consider it dishonorable to avoid. I consider it smart. Why should I give your warriors the advantage of style matchups, large down challenges, etc. That's just plain stupid in my book. Then again, that kind of explains why you do it. Cool

Cheers.

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol Vanek, how about getting off your wallet and coming to another arena, I play in many. How about ADM? Or is the paper boy holding you hostage?

You want to match up then match up. Notice how people do not respect you by not making you most avoided even though you are the downchallenge kill bitch. Grow a pair you wimp.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Lol Vanek, how about getting off your wallet and coming to another arena, I play in many. How about ADM? Or is the paper boy holding you hostage?

It's not a matter of money, simply a matter of interest. I like the no-tourney format (since I am not interested in tourney's) If a second no-tourney arena opened, i'd definitely be there. The ADM no-tourney arena is ok, but honestly it loses some thrill for me compared to basic. In basic you have the spectre of death always hovering nearby. In ADM everyone is immortal. Kind of boring in my view.

Grimm wrote:
You want to match up then match up. Notice how people do not respect you by not making you most avoided even though you are the downchallenge kill bitch. Grow a pair you wimp.

I couldn't care less what people think of me if the newsletter said I avoided a team. I don't view it as a mark of shame, just an interesting factoid in the newsletter. As for growing a pair and matching up with you...I try to challenge your group as often as I am able, which makes me think you are full of crap about not using avoids against me. It seems like I haven't gotten a challenge thru to you in a very long time.

Good luck on your attempt to go 68-0 against me to live up to your completely ridiculous boast and try to improve upon that 38% win/loss against me since then. I find it very humorous that that blew up in your face to make you look like an even bigger idiot. Oh well, live and learn, right Grimmy?

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We appreciate Grimm and Vanek and their "interactions". It has made us read DM81 on this site more regularly.

A little humor goes a long way. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We appreciate Grimm and Vanek and their "interactions". It has made us read DM81 on this site more regularly.

A little humor goes a long way. Wink

We aim to please! Wink Actually the interaction between Grimm and I has all been staged to bring attention to the arena and draw back old favorites such as yourself! Cool I'd even promise to do something crazy like be nice to Grimm for a few turns if you came back! Ok, well maybe that last part was a stretch, but we'd still love to see you return anyways.

Hey Tripwire, what ever happened to Kellumbo? You still keep in contact with him? I'd love to see the old arena villian return and take some heat off of me! Laughing

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum