New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 146
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, a 2-3-0 isn't the most auspicious start for a new team, but it beats a total shut out any day! Two of my more questionable types didn't make the grade (figured they wouldn't). Blue Nova came through as predicted; I hope the overview was kind. The Dark Arena will be well-glutted next turn, I'll wager. Soon, I'll have a team to make your boots shiver (whether or not you're wearing them!). Something to look forward to, right?

I didn't receive my turn in the mail yet. Also, my personal ads haven't made it in to the newsletter for the past two turns. It seems that many of you might be having the same trouble?? Rolling Eyes I guess I'll just start printing them out and adding them to the input sheets.

Good to see TWO spotlights in the newsletter. Not sure exactly what's going on with the second one Wink but it was well-written and entertaining.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3 for the Horde also this turn. The record for my current 5 warriors is 13-12 which I'm real happy with. Planning to even out my W/L over the next 200 fights I guess...

Welcome to Kid Arcane's Sky Searchers and to the Bridge Burners! May all your warriors are blessed and your random matchups be easy!

Congrats to Hombre on the 3 turn 11-4. Hard to do here!

Hawk
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4-1 for the Cult. Lifting us over the 55% win mark in Shadowspire for the time being! Darque, what's the record for most turns on the throne in 81? I think Gigi may have a chance of breaking it!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another 2-3 for the Diner, as we struggle to get some quality recruits. I guess we owe the RUGs for that double-21 we graduated.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice turn DG,

As for me 3-2 and 1 DA. See you next turn.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4-1-1 for the Darque Ages guild. I still haven't seen my turn yet, but am looking forward to it.

I'm also not going to jinx any of my warriors by saying anything positive about them. They have a tendency to let the ego swell.

Thanks to Arcane Kid for the spotlights the last couple of turns. Mine is already submitted for next turn, and I'm contemplating an SYP update. Any topics of interest from the masses? Someone had mentioned an article on the various graduates. A "Best from Each Style" article usually gets people up in arms.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, since Shadowspire is nearing turn 150, maybe look at dividing the history into 50-turn segments and look at the best/worst from each era. Records, graduates, etc.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
Well, since Shadowspire is nearing turn 150, maybe look at dividing the history into 50-turn segments and look at the best/worst from each era. Records, graduates, etc.

Um, no. My team would definitely be the worst in the past year.

I'm still wanting an overview of your teams/personnas. I've gotten some descriptions and overviews from a couple of managers. A couple of others I asked are still thinking about it.

I want to write a piece where about a half dozen managers sit at a table and bitch about the quality of their new recruits. Jorja, representing the Gladiatorial Commission, basically runs the meeting. It would allow for some interesting group dynamics, particularly since every manager seems to come from some place VERY different.

Buri is a demigod of sorts? Darque is a 1/2 demon? The Kid is an alien being, and Havoc is a 'modified' human..... I think it would be a blast to write, particularly if we broke it up into a two or three part piece and different managers wrote it. Helps keep the perspectives in line with the basic managers' persona.

C'mon -- it would be SWEET.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum