New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2012
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

Laughing

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I called it, yes that's right. Wink The real refs will be back starting this Thursday night. Hurray!!....I think...

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I called it, yes that's right. Wink The real refs will be back starting this Thursday night. Hurray!!....I think...

So your saying be carefull what you wish for eh?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cringe at the possibility of them making a "Human Error" tonight that may permanently hurt the integrity of "The Shield". That said Ed "Don't Eff with him" Hochuli has been giving tests to, and arranging exercise for, officials to keep them ready for whenever they came back. If it were not for this fact they would not be ready for a week. So at the very least the Refs must be commended for their readiness! Besides who has the guts to tell Ed and his "guns" that they were in the wrong?!?

To prove the point a reporter asked and got this response:

I asked Ed Hochuli how many curls he's been doing: "As soon as I heard the rumors today, I got down on the floor and started doing pushups.”

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gotchya, Street! Razz Wink

You guys better fire that special teams coach. A.P. was a beast today, he looks almost 100% again already. The Kitties dropped a hell of a lot of balls I thought, but the Vikes were laying the licks on, too!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well at least he didn't thrash us for close to 200 like he usually seems to.

Where is Stan Kwan when you need him? First team in history to give up a Punt Return and Kickoff Return for a TD in back-to-back weeks. Pitiful!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's hoping my "Leos" get healthy at Jacksonville. With our 2nd ranked offense against the Jags 25th ranked defense and our 9th ranked defense against their 32nd ranked offense it should be a walk-over! We are favored by 4.5 points on the road. So I guess that means we will fall behind 24-7 by halftime and comeback for a 31-30 win on the final play of the game! Gabbert will likely look like an MVP candidate with 3 TD passes and almost 400 yards passing Confused 3 of our starting DBs (both Safeties and a CB),1 backup CB, all 3 starting LBs, and 2 of our starting D-Lineman are all questionable for the game Rolling Eyes

And still no word on Jahvid Best and his concussion issues. Mikel LeShoure may have been surpassed by, local alumn of Detroit's Wayne State University (Div. II), Joique Bell. What I wouldn't give for a decent RB. Lions would be unstoppable on "O" with their passing game AND a running game!!! Perhaps we can draft K-State's Collin Klein next year and move him to RB. That would give us Megatron and Optimus Klein Laughing

Edit- Didn't realize we picked up Jaguars receiver Mike Thomas on Tuesday for a rumored 5th round pick, to replace Burleson who's out with a broken leg. This guy may be only 5'8 but he is a burner who ran a 4.30 40-yard dash at the combines. He may even play some RB as Jahvid Best is likely not going to clear concussion tests and will be gone for the season (career?). A high powered offense gets another weapon!

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gotcha again, Street! Razz Twisted Evil Wink

Can't stop Adrian and Ponder at least didn't screw it up this time!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Gotcha again, Street! Razz Twisted Evil Wink

Can't stop Adrian and Ponder at least didn't screw it up this time!

WOW! Kick a guy when he's down why dontcha'. Do you kick puppies and kittens too? Wink

Just kiddin' of course my friend! As stated a few posts back our "D" is decimated and AD seems to always get OVER his career yards per game against us anyways. The lack of a running game appears to have shot us in the foot again. I say appears because, fortunately for me (if you can call the situation fortunate), the FOURTH (that I know of) fracture of my ankle (Talus bone; first three at work as you may recall I'm fighting work comp for 4+ years now) has caused me ALOT of pain and didn't get to sleep until 9 am EST and I slept through my alarmS (clock and cell phone were both set for 12:45 EST) and did not awaken until 4:45 EST! My TV was lucky too or it may have met the wall.... or the front window! Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Crying or Very sad

Interesting side note: Stafford's 285 passing yards last Sunday against Jacksonville moved him to 10,233 yards for his career and classified him as the second-fastest player (37 games) to reach 10,000 after Kurt Warner (36 games).

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another Game the Lions had in their grasp and let slip away. They are surely out to kill me!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pffffffftttttttt!

That was the sound of my day after we nearly beat the Colts and then manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again!

I'd take the time to complain but after what happened with the Chiefs yesterday it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

On second thought I will complain. COME ON "Legatron" :30 away from tying the 49ers AGAIN and you have to ruin it. I mean when will you ever have the shot at a TWO tie season ever again? Nice job "Greg the Leg" at blowing it for your teammates!!!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well another ugly loss for the Lions but MEGATRON breaks Jerry Rice's single season receiving yards record. He's got a shot at 2000 (needs 108 in the final game after 225 tonight) like he said he wanted to get. 4 consecutive games with 10+ catches and 8 consecutive 100+ yard receiving games also new records. All this has been done with Burleson out since week 7 (#2 WR), Titus Young(#3 WR) decides he's better than Johnson and isn't getting enough balls so he PURPOSELY lined up in the wrong spot in week 11 and gets benched and eventually told to "Go Home", and Ryan Broyles (#4 WR) tears his ACL ( left ACL in College now right ACL) in week 13, and Brandon Pettigrew (#1 TE; #3/4 target) goes out week 13 also.

He gets double teamed even with those guys playing now they double team him and sometimes triple team him with both Safeties going with him.

WHAT A PHENOM! Best ever? 6'5" 235, with great hands, and runs a 4.3 40..... Could be!

Edit- Also first player in NFL history to have Two 200 yard games in 2 different seasons. 4 records set in 1 game!

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SKOL VIKINGS!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Peterson, 9 yards shy of Dickerson's hallowed record, but he carries us to the playoffs a year after 3-13!! And, we send the Bears home with nothing, ha ha!! Seeya next week in Green Bay, cheeseheads!! Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was hoping to see that record and the 2000 yard receiving mark fall today; you'll recall last year I hoped for AD's recovery after a "dangerous to his career" injury. Calvin Johnson came up 36 yards shy but easily squashed Rice's Receiving record. Not to split hairs but Johnson's record would've been even more impressive than Peterson's (even taking into account his quick recovery from devastating injury) for a few reasons:

1)Look up to my post above about targets 2-5 being out for significant time periods leading to Kris Durham being his new #2 WR, Mike Thomas #3, Brian Robiskie #4... and the Lions Fifth WR? Kassim Osgood(who has 44 career receptions in 10 years, 28 came in his first 2).

2) He has been battling knee, and now ankle, injuries for about 5 weeks.

3) On one play that I noticed, and they replayed several times, he was PENTUPLE covered on a 3rd and 15+. Yep 5 guys covered him once he cleared the line in a 3 WR set on a passing down.

Just my opinion, slanted as it may be, but both had outstanding seasons. At least your guy gets to a playoff game. Rolling Eyes

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats to the VIKES!
Hubba Hubba PETERSON.!
Way to go BRONCOS.
Exquisitely done, Mr. P. MANNING!
C.J. SPILLER, ya may have led a losing team, but only because they were dumb enough not to play you more. Kudos!
Jets, I hear the Ringling Brothers are hiring circus acts, and yours has been a doozy since pre-season.
Jaguars, your season reasonably sucked. Go get TEBOW on wavers.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic