Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: sarakhan
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19803

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Have been gone a long time....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Athalius
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Mar 04, 2007
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well met....

I haven't played in about 10 years, was wondering....

Whatever happened to Monuntial? That was my home arena and its not in the lists....
View user's profileSend private message
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Athalius wrote:
Well met....

I haven't played in about 10 years, was wondering....

Whatever happened to Monuntial? That was my home arena and its not in the lists....


Welcome back. A while back RSI had a wave (or two maybe) where they closed some of the smaller, les active arenas. You're team there should still exist though, and RSI'll let you transfer it to any of the currently open arenas.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Sep 05, 2005
Posts: 1316

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To further what Nuln said, you may just want to open a new team and keep that team as an ace in the hole. You can transfer two closed arena teams to an open arena (except 81), so you might want to start anew and keep that "closed" team as a spare to bring the heat at some point to those who anger you.

Just a thought. Welcome back and good faring in the game. Also, look over the Arena 81 Discussion thread to see about the new "No Tournament" arena.

JGW/Brandon

_________________
The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty. -- John Adams

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Athalius, welcome back!
Glad to see you back home!

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 30, 2012
Posts: 536
Location: Port Moody, BC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently returned to the game as well. It was sad to see Monuntial close. It was my first arena and I have a lot of fond memories.

It was also sad to see Seam go. That is what I really considered home. I was at Monutial longer but Seam is where I really got serious.

Let me make sure I understand. I can now have two teams in any arena I want? I was wondering what happened to the arenas that allowed multiple teams. I guess that explains it.
View user's profileSend private message
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2592

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
I recently returned to the game as well. It was sad to see Monuntial close. It was my first arena and I have a lot of fond memories.

It was also sad to see Seam go. That is what I really considered home. I was at Monutial longer but Seam is where I really got serious.

Let me make sure I understand. I can now have two teams in any arena I want? I was wondering what happened to the arenas that allowed multiple teams. I guess that explains it.


You can have only one team per basic arena.

The exceptions are as follows:

DM-82 (now closed to new teams) and DM-84 are the transfer arenas, and managers can have unlimited teams in these arenas. They are primarily used by tourney managers to prep tourney warriors. Nobody writes personal ads and every warrior has a ton of hidden FE. DO NOT put your teams there if you want to have any fun at all.

If you have a team in a closed arena, you can transfer that team to any open arena, thus bypassing the "one team per basic arena" rule. You can have up to three teams in a basic arena, if you transferred two teams from closed arenas and had one in the arena already.



In general, there is very little value to running more than one team in a regular basic arena. You fight arena stand-ins more often, since you can't match up with your own team. While this pads your record a little, fighting against the computer instead of a living opponent detracts from the overall enjoyment. Getting two teams in the same envelope on the same day is less enjoyable than getting two teams in two different envelopes on different days. So same cost, less enjoyment when you have two teams in one basic arena.


Welcome back to the both of you. I hope to see you on the sands!
View user's profileSend private message
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jan 24, 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You can have only one team per basic arena.

The exceptions are as follows:

DM-82 (now closed to new teams) and DM-84 are the transfer arenas, and managers can have unlimited teams in these arenas. They are primarily used by tourney managers to prep tourney warriors. Nobody writes personal ads and every warrior has a ton of hidden FE. DO NOT put your teams there if you want to have any fun at all.

If you have a team in a closed arena, you can transfer that team to any open arena, thus bypassing the "one team per basic arena" rule. You can have up to three teams in a basic arena, if you transferred two teams from closed arenas and had one in the arena already.



DM71, 72, & 73 are also slow transfer arenas which follow the DM82/84 rules.
View user's profileSend private message
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 30, 2012
Posts: 536
Location: Port Moody, BC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. I just came out of retirement after 20 years. Things have changed a lot! I'm still trying to relearn everything.
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, in one case we COMPLETELY disagree with OAB above. We have three teams in DM11. We play in appx 15 other arenas. NO ARENA gives us as much pleasure as the one where we have three. Having the multiple teams more than triples the pleasure.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::