New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sinset 704
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grats GB, nice turn!

Welcome CHUCK looking foward to the dance. I knew you in the 90's (maybe the late 80's) as Mob Boss and Scrag, the other monkier must of been after I quit. York aka Tolbin of Random Chaos
jack
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

current top team???!!! really?? i'll take it! great turn ben.

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes indeed, it is Sunset Saturday once again, and the Stikmeister actually has a smile on his face, because wonder of wonders, we finally had a winning turn, 3-2-0!! I will take it and do the dance of joy! Those 2-3's were getting really, really old...

Tolbin, a pleasant surprise to see you posting and putting your name to your team at last, welcome!

And to Mob B--, Scr--uhh, Alfre--no, CHUCK! Cat's out of the bag at last (although I'm sure some knew it was you) and you have arrived back in the Arena of Death at last, welcome back! Time to split some skulls, spill some blood, and drink 'til we can't see straight!
Sunset is my home arena, but I was inactive in the 90's when as I understand the Dark Circle made it it's home as well. What was your team here back then? At any rate you're off to a nice start with the new one!

Nomad, nice outgoing challenge with Gitchi to catch Kano actually playing one of his sleepers!

Congrats to the new DM, Hardy, he has paid his dues I think! Let's see if he can hold onto that throne!

Welcome back as well to Bubbaganoosh and 420 B.C., good to see you back on the sands!

And we still have an undefeated warrior, a piker no less, now in champions, nice going Tolliver! Couple other undefeateds below him too, ones to watch!

I'm guessing we had some solid tourney participation this time around from our arena. Hopefully the tourney arrives, with newsletter, today, and I can see for myself. I know Evnmor survived at least, since he fought this turn (and lost to the guy he pounded last turn, thanks Ben!).

We seriously need to start making an effort (myself definitely included) to get more personal ads in. I know everybody's busy and we also have chatzy and this site to comment much quicker on the latest turn, but to me it's a bad sign when everybody clams up and quits writing ads, it's an early sign of things slowing down, and I do NOT want that to happen to Sunset. We've worked too hard the last few years to build it back up to one of the best regular arenas around, let's keep it that way guys. We need ads, DM columns, and the occasional spotlight to keep things interesting! Nuff said. Stik out.

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well now, that was interesting. Two 20+ point down-challenges this turn.

Kano drops 20+ to get one of my guys (Wambasu)
I drop 20+ to nail one of his turn-skipping scum.

I guess that seems fair! Laughing

I meant to post after last turn that Kano was likely to start running his champion scum again, but forgot. Good thing, though, since it left one of them open to my challenge and the other lost on his own challenge. It couldn't have gone better. As an FYI to all, I suspect those two will likely keep fighting for awhile now that my two scum hunters (6'6" slasher Lupus Major and AB Batwamba) have graduated. He didn't fear my out-going plunger. He should have. Twisted Evil

But challenge away with your ABs!

2-2 for the Tribe. Not sure why Ozadanwin didn't fight. I thought I sent in a turn sheet. But at least both he and Donegal return to the arena alive.

The Mob Boss! I knew it was someone like that, but didn't know the exact identity. Cool. Welcome! Also welcome back to Bubaganoosh and who ever else just got here or just returned.

Now I sit and wait for Gitchigoomie's replacement and my tournament!

Dragonbane Guild(81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys, I have needed a good turn, I have had a string of bad turns with a good one thrown in every now and then so I will take this 4-1 and top team on the move and run to the Broken Bone Tavern for some well deserved drinks.

I am hoping that I get my arena AND tourney fights today. Doesn't look like any of my dead came back but I will try again. King Tootnpootn went 0-2 so I probably won't send him back.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Leprechaun
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Job GB and I will take that drink,

2-2 for the Shed. Phillips head is swimming wit the sharks up there but hes holding his own.

Hope everyone had a great tourney.

I am closer to getting my old favorite back Spigot. I believe only two more years of dead tourneys
Smile
Archelf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I my goodness I figured my team would do bad in this tourney but 0-10-0-2 well thats just outstanding. 40-25-1-2 overall so im not crying.

Mob Boss in Sunset thats cool have fun with that haha.

Its only fitting I post the dead for you to have a laugh at. I didnt think they would live long anyways but then again I never think anything will live that long in Sunset..

Edge
18-7-12-16-10-8-13 Striking great dam whoopie. It was funny after his first lost I was thinking to myself im gonna DA this guy and then he took a digger.

Psychomatic
17-3-7-17-7-16-17 Lunging frankie. Ill miss this one some it was destiny however. Good dam. Started Expert in Attack, Initiative and Riposte. Got Ad Ex in Riposte after 2.

peace out
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Turn's due today, everybody get your personal ads in! Let's liven things up a little!

Archelf, that's a tough tourney by any measuring stick. I am just about ready to swear off them myself, the results are so dismal it's not worth the money most times. There are just too many others who are way better at it than me, more dedicated (some to just tourneys and nothing else) and more willing and able to spend a lot more money on rollups and entries and FtF trips.

Anyway, we've still got Sunset. Blades up, everyone!

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Turn's due today, everybody get your personal ads in! Let's liven things up a little!

Archelf, that's a tough tourney by any measuring stick. I am just about ready to swear off them myself, the results are so dismal it's not worth the money most times. There are just too many others who are way better at it than me, more dedicated (some to just tourneys and nothing else) and more willing and able to spend a lot more money on rollups and entries and FtF trips.

Anyway, we've still got Sunset. Blades up, everyone!

sent mine in a few days ago

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just noticed that the title of the thread says "Sinset." Did we move the arena to Vegas and nobody told me?!?? York what do you have to say for yourself?!?? Confused Wink

york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Big ole fat finger syndrome or ....... Twisted Evil
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

york wrote:
Big ole fat finger syndrome or ....... Twisted Evil

I think Sinset is closer to the truth