New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NCAA 2012 Football
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At this point, I'm cheering for Notre Dame to lose so that we once again have an all-SEC final, and another year of crappy ratings in the final year of the BCS.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
At this point, I'm cheering for Notre Dame to lose so that we once again have an all-SEC final, and another year of crappy ratings in the final year of the BCS.

How blasphemous of you!
They said prayers for you in The Notre Dame chapel this AM.

Goooooooooo IRISH!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I want to see Other conferences vs SEC matchups. Hopefully Oregon, K State and N Dame all play SEC teams.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I'm glad you didn't say "praying for" because Touchdown Jesus would come after you hardcore! I think I just puked a little....... Watch out next year when we have a real QB (not a running QB who couldn't throw a ball into the Ocean from a rowboat if he had to). If you have any doubts go back and look at Devin Gardner's cannon for an arm and delicate touch on long throws to boot.

GO BLUE!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This just in:

Maryland (2014) and Rutgers (2013 or 2014) are joining the Big 10. Here come the Super Conferences and likely there goes many long time rivalry games when this happens. Don't know that I like where this is headed! Rolling Eyes

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't know what to think of it either, Street, but ...
1. It is a sign of the times
2. Maryland can bring more (East Coast fans - esp with Rutgers) to the Big Ten than it does to the ACC.
3. Not really that sorry to see Maryland go
4. Louisville would be great for the ACC, but it will probably be Connecticut. (Whaddawe need more Noreasterners for?)
5. There will probably be several more Big Conference moves proir to the year end.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Maryland (2014) and Rutgers (2013 or 2014) are joining the Big 10. Here come the Super Conferences and likely there goes many long time rivalry games when this happens. Don't know that I like where this is headed! Rolling Eyes

A few folks on The Big 10 board said it best--their own conference just potentially destabilized conference football again--to add teams that none of it's fan base are interested in playing.

The B10 network pulls in so much money--that the conference no longer owns the network. The network owns the conference.
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I really hope that doesn't happen. Last year's snoozefest was awful. Glad this is the BCS' last year! Now if we could get rid of the preseason rankings...

Have to give the SEC some credit, though. They went from winning only 10% of the national titles during the previous 50 years to winning 58% of the mythical titles under the SEC-created BCS system years. Smart of them to create the BCS and coerce the other conferences into joining.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

A few folks on The Big 10 board said it best--their own conference just potentially destabilized conference football again--to add teams that none of it's fan base are interested in playing.

The B10 network pulls in so much money--that the conference no longer owns the network. The network owns the conference.

Agreed on all counts! The SEC and Big East kind of started this with the likes of Mizzou,Texas A&M, BYU, San Diego State,and Boise State and I think the Big 10(12 er 14) made a panic maneuver, fearing Super Conferences were coming, and grabbed the first 2 that would accept and join. Maryland is a has been and Rutgers only recently ever was.

I think the Mountain West, Western Athletic (last year in existence), Mid American, and Sun Belt conferences are now doomed to either join a (former) BCS conference or drop to Division FCS (1-AA) or Division II with their teams. I've already seen that New Mexico State and Idaho are forced to go and join the Independent club as maybe nobody wanted them.

This move by the Big 10 certainly means we will have 8- 16 team conferences by 2020 and that will be Division I Football for the forseeable future.

Thomas Jefferson
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Street,

BYU, SDSU & Boise St are all talking with the MWC about rejoining now that there is a guaranteed spot from either the MWC or Big East conference. It would make sense for them to come back and not have all that travel.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DeGotti wrote:
Hey Street,

BYU, SDSU & Boise St are all talking with the MWC about rejoining now that there is a guaranteed spot from either the MWC or Big East conference. It would make sense for them to come back and not have all that travel.

This is all getting FAR too confusing. I wondered "wth" those 3 were going to do, and vice versa, as they had to go cross-country. There's something like a $50M buyout to get Maryland and Rutgers into the Big 10 so I think this is indicative, the B10-14's willingness to pay that much (may be negotiated lower), that this is the beginning of the Super Conference era. Perhaps the Big East or ACC will go in place of the Mountain West in my list. Rumors swirling that the MAC and Big East (maybe C-USA) may merge in some fashion. Temple is leaving the MAC for Big East. Syracuse is leaving the Big East for the ACC. I can no longer keep track of this..... GAAAAAAAHHHH!

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
DeGotti wrote:
Hey Street,

This is all getting FAR too confusing. I wondered "wth" those 3 were going to do, and vice versa, as they had to go cross-country. There's something like a $50M buyout to get Maryland and Rutgers into the Big 10 so I think this is indicative, the B10-14's willingness to pay that much (may be negotiated lower), that this is the beginning of the Super Conference era. Perhaps the Big East or ACC will go in place of the Mountain West in my list. Rumors swirling that the MAC and Big East (maybe C-USA) may merge in some fashion. Temple is leaving the MAC for Big East. Syracuse is leaving the Big East for the ACC. I can no longer keep track of this..... GAAAAAAAHHHH!

We no longer want to. Crying or Very sad

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eventually the small schools are going to have to go after the BCS for violating the Sherman Antitrust Act.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh man, more and more chatter that Oregon will play Florida.

They will take the #2 SEC as a BCS team. Since Florida only has 1 loss, the SEC champ loser will have 2 they are leaning towards taking Florida.

I pray that is the case. I would LOVE to play Oregon and we will see what is what.

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The BCS and Super-Conferences systems do not work together.

Last year we had the 3rd best SEC team guaranteed a BCS bowl game before the SEC Championship game was even played and the loser of the SEC Championship game or 2nd best SEC team is guaranteed to not be in a BCS bowl game before the SEC Championship game is even played. And even weirder is the 3rd best SEC team ended up making it into the National Championship game.

Once again this year the loser of the SEC championship game or 3rd best SEC team is guaranteed a BCS bowl game before the SEC Championship game is even played and the loser of the SEC Championship game or 2nd best SEC team is guaranteed to not be in a BCS bowl game before the SEC Championship game is even played.

And this year a team that isn't even in a conference is guaranteed a spot in the national championship game before the conference championship games are played

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic