New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - My Team's Highlights
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all,

Some of you knew I was a Pop Warner head coach. For the last 4 years I have gone 32-0 in the regular season. Won 2 mid florida championships and was in the semi-finals for the Florida State championship. This years team was a struggle because of size. We went 9-0 in our regular season but lost to the eventual mid florida champions in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 18-16.

Our team was VERY small this year. We had 5th and 6th graders (10-11) and the max weight at the end of the season was 115. We had 1 kid over 90 pounds and he was a "minimum play" player. Not very good. 90% of our team was between 60 and 80 pounds total. So lots of schemes and technique came into play over pure physicality. Anyway I did a highlight of our season. Check it out and let me know what you think!

We are the team in Black.

For those that are interested; Offensively we ran the Double Wing. Defensively we ran what is called a 3-3 Stack. A 3-5 with the "stacked" Lb's stunting nearly every play. It kept us away from having to have big D Lineman..

http://www.hudl.com/team/56997/#highlights/18123820

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Such tiny little guys! Impressive defense, if you ask us. Nice highlights, Trip. Great job - highlights and coaching.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is something you and your kids can be VERY proud of. I recall in HS we(Varsity team my senior year) lost to Brother Rice in the playoffs, in the 3rd game of regionals in Soccer, who went deep and it was of great consolation to us (I think they were either final 4 or even championship game losers). Our HS had never even made the playoffs before. I'm hoping you either pointed this out to them or if you will see them at some sort of banquet or such that you point this out to them! Losing to the eventual champs and giving them such a game that is.

PS- You going to make a run at coaching the Gators? Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the most fun of all is being told I can't do something because the kids "won't get it" or are "too young!"

You can't toss the ball! They will fumble! You can't pull lineman! They don't get it! You can't run a 3 man d line at that level you will get killed!

We did all of that and more lol. People don't give kids enough credit!

Leprechaun
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Job man! you should be proud. 22 and 1 can motor. Also great music.. starting off with Volbeat. Love it
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic