New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 4-14-3-15-17-5-12
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another little damage warrior...

I was thinking Aimed Blow-7-14-3-21-17-5-17, or maybe a slasher and hope for damage bonus? 10-14-3-21-17-6-13. Weird one for sure.

Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:

I was thinking Aimed Blow-7-14-3-21-17-5-17, or maybe a slasher and hope for damage bonus? 10-14-3-21-17-6-13. Weird one for sure.

I think your right with your style selection but I may cosider the 21WL over the 21WT. If you want something different you could try a TP but I've never had success with this type of scum and prefer some ST on my Parry Styles for carry and weapon selection.

Good luck with him whatever you decide.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be tempted to try this guy as a parry riposte.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The two most popular designs for this warrior are:

4-14-3-15-17-5-12 --> 7-14-3-21-17-5-17 AB

The most famous example of this is Little Crow, who went on to TC Primus.

Or

4-14-3-15-17-5-12 --> 8-14-3-21-21-5-12 PS/PL/TP

Awesome replacement. Good luck, whatever you decide!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:

Weird???!!! There is nothing weird about it. AWESOME is the appropriate description!

Read OAB's comments. We concur with his "right-onness".

Our choice?
8-14-3-21-21-5-12 LU

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:

Weird???!!! There is nothing weird about it. AWESOME is the appropriate description!

Read OAB's comments. We concur with his "right-onness".

Our choice?
8-14-3-21-21-5-12 LU

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of good opinions already given. I have nothing constructive to add. (This is a warrior that I might use destructively, though. i.e. do something stupid and non standard)
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one of my favorite parts of D2, getting an interesting roll-up and trying to figure out what style/stats would make it a great warrior. Going to think about it for a bit. Double 21's would be cool, but I really hate little damage. Thanks for the input.

Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think you can escape the little damage, so just embrace it. I had this rollup a while back and made it a PS. It did fairly well despite being hosed in defense.

8-14-3-21-21-5-12 PS

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had this guy already! He was a MONSTER!

Here's what I made him:

4-14-3-15-17-5-12 -----> 8-14-3-21-21-5-12 LU skill base 10/8/17/7/14/9

burned to: 10(2)-14-3-21-21-5-12 and still had little damage

He fared EXTREMELY well in the Battle Royal in Talcama (DM18)! Graduated at 18-8-0 and won his last fight for a 19-8-0 record in a tough arena with a grueling contest. We didn't have the number of Great Managers that previous BR's had but Manager and Tripwire, OAB, and others made it hard.

If you want to check out how he fared look in the old newsletters area and go to Talcama (DM18) and check turns 627-654 his name was BIG PIMPIN' IMP on the team THE GRATEFUL UNDEAD . He was +1 ATT, - 2 to -4 PAR, and -3 DEC (fave learn DEC) and still managed a 19-8-0 record! He even ate up bricks a few times in a tourney and the arena!

I was pissed he got hosed but he was fun and I ran him armored up, to ACM/H but usually ARM/H or APL/H, with near "takes alot of damage" and usually with a LO. Even if he got jumped he could last the attack wave,usually, and then take it away for wins. He had Good endurance as well. Fave turned out to be the EP.

Don't fear it! Consortium gave me this design after I toiled over not taking the "double-21s"!!! Embrace the awesome SZ 3 AND double-21 rolled up in to one neat little package! It's SOOOO rare to get a SZ 3 or a double-21... here you can have both Exclamation

Funny thing was about a week earlier I had complained about never having received a SZ 3 on these boards, although I had a few SZ 4's along the way. Then this little gem came to me. My first ever SZ 3 AND first ever 21/21. Still have not received either again so he remains my lone SZ 3... and my lone 21/21!

Can you tell I'm excited looking back on the memories of Big Pimpin' Imp? Laughing I'D LIKE TO THANK CONSORTIUM FOR THE DESIGN!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am leaning toward going with the double 21's now. I question why not put the last point into Def to make it 13 instead of the 8 ST.

Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:
I am leaning toward going with the double 21's now. I question why not put the last point into Def to make it 13 instead of the 8 ST.

I think most people would like to use SC (or SS for lungers), and 8 ST gives you one automatic train to be well suited. You could go 7 ST and either stick with SH/HA, or go for two trains. Personally, I don't like wasting time on trains when I have a 21 wit. He's already a skill monster no matter what style, so the extra skills at 13 DF don't add that much to his potential.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I echo Otto and would add that it needs some physicals and will add 2 points to your carry. Also as simple as it seems combine the need for ST and you have a few easy skills you can burn at 13 DF; in a tourney, when it's near maxxed or better yet when it has maxxed in the skill areas that the 13 DF gives (ATT,PAR,DEF) less so PAR.

As Otto points out it's a skill monster anyways. I can give one other example of mine, though I do not recall it's starting numbers on the sheet, from the very same team: 8-3-10-21-17-11-14 ST. I know for sure it had a 14 DF to start and I decided the other points were more suitably used in ST,WT, and WL. Since it has a 3 CN that is obvious, since it has an 11 SP (and is a ST) I can 100% say I would have stopped at 10 or gone to 12 for the style meaning I needed that last point to make it a 21/17 WT/WL, with an 8 ST, and I wanted to be only 1 train away from SS and SC suited, as well as all the 11 ST weapons slightly unsuited (LO,QS,BS,LS key among those). He started Good Damage and at some point I did burn the ST to 9 for weapons.

Sometimes when a warrior has a 12 or 14 DF I will leave it there; a 16 I would obviously like to take to 21, a 10 I'd make 11 unless I want a burner, and lower even numbers unless points are demanded elsewhere I'd like to have a little more DF and get ATT,PAR, or DEF skills from DF simply because a 4,6,or 8 is not giving you many and those are hard to find elsewhere. If the points are needed elsewhere I have been advised, and since succumbed to said advice, to leave the DF as is on good high skill warriors. As much as everyone may say NEVER add points to ST,CN, and SP it is NOT an absolute rule by any means!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic