New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - What's the Best Arena?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I enjoyed reading everyone's comments. I hate forums where everyone tries to come off all peace, love, and happiness. We know people aren't like that all the time.

I am finding DM-8. (Arkers) to be turning into a fun place. It's finally getting some new team. I wish there were more but it's good for now.
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
Asking a subjective question is bound to solicite comments, positive and negative, as that is the process of pros and cons that most people use to evaluate a decision.

You hit the nail-on-the-head about the original intent behind this topic with your sage words. I'm doing an arena evaluation.

I've got a new team that has potential and I'm trying to decide the best arena for them. I'm interested in some real competition and DM-81 sounds like a fit. Unfortunately, my team has already been enrolled in the Spring Mail-In Tourney. I'm strongly considering either DM21 or DM11. I'll need to read archived Newsletters and try to get a feel for them before finalizing the decision.

KidArcane wrote:
Try to stay in an arena for at least 6 months -- 12 turns or so. You get a better feel for it overall if you can stick around at least that long. And also, please do write personal ads and a spotlight every now and then.

You wise advice is what I'm planning to do. That's why I'm not making my decision lightly and doing my "leg" work. I intend to stay in the arena I choose and not only invest my limited resources, but get involved. I'll definitely do personals, but I'm not sure about spotlights.

Honestly, I appreciate all the candid input.
Trim
kayelbe
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:

Unfortunately, my team has already been enrolled in the Spring Mail-In Tourney. Trim

Pardon my ignorance, but if they are already "enrolled", then they already have an arena, no?

DM-29 Daggers Deep
Dm-32 Daggers Deep (inactive)
DM30-Ragged Edge
DM81-Daggers Deep (inactive)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kayelbe wrote:
trmweb wrote:

Unfortunately, my team has already been enrolled in the Spring Mail-In Tourney. Trim

Pardon my ignorance, but if they are already "enrolled", then they already have an arena, no?

Took the words out of my mouth - and they will fit fine in 11.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
kayelbe wrote:
trmweb wrote:

They would fit finer in 21 or 32 Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
kayelbe wrote:
trmweb wrote:

Kayelbe -- You made an astute observation. So as not to be caught with-my-pants-down, I contacted Sandy to confirm my assumption about changing arenas. Fortunately for me (since its too cold to be without pants!), she is able to make the transfer since my team hasn't run in basic yet. Honestly, I'm not sure what "rules" she goes by, but I'm glad she's able to do it.

All who have been kind enough to provide opinions about different arenas, I thank you! My take from the feed-back given is that I really want to be part of an active and lively Duelmaster Arena. If nothing else, I have gained that insight from the discussion. I do apologize if I caused friction between managers since that was not my intent. I do give credit to The Consortium for his original prediction and will be more thoughtful about future topic posts.

My plan is to maximize the fun within my limited budget. Again, I thank one and all for the helpful feed-back!

Trim
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
gentleben wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
kayelbe wrote:
trmweb wrote:

Kayelbe -- You made an astute observation. So as not to be caught with-my-pants-down, I contacted Sandy to confirm my assumption about changing arenas. Fortunately for me (since its too cold to be without pants!), she is able to make the transfer since my team hasn't run in basic yet. Honestly, I'm not sure what "rules" she goes by, but I'm glad she's able to do it.

All who have been kind enough to provide opinions about different arenas, I thank you! My take from the feed-back given is that I really want to be part of an active and lively Duelmaster Arena. If nothing else, I have gained that insight from the discussion. I do apologize if I caused friction between managers since that was not my intent. I do give credit to The Consortium for his original prediction and will be more thoughtful about future topic posts.

My plan is to maximize the fun within my limited budget. Again, I thank one and all for the helpful feed-back!

Trim

And they went to ...........?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
trmweb wrote:
gentleben wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
kayelbe wrote:
trmweb wrote:

Trim

And they went to ...........?

Can we have a drum roll please? <drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllll.......>

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Do I feel the pressure!

-Shocked--
/
/\

I've made the decision to go with DM 11. This decision was not easy, however, one major factor is the "Andorian spirit" which is in sync with my gaming style.

Maybe if my budget increases, I'll join some of the other arenas. Again, thanks to all for your input.

Trim
----------------------------------------------------
Mgr of SOUND (15) in Murska Arena (DM-35)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
Wow! Do I feel the pressure!

-Shocked--
/
/\

I've made the decision to go with DM 11. This decision was not easy, however, one major factor is the "Andorian spirit" which is in sync with my gaming style.

Maybe if my budget increases, I'll join some of the other arenas. Again, thanks to all for your input.

Trim
----------------------------------------------------
Mgr of SOUND (15) in Murska Arena (DM-35)

Aruak City, The Heart And Soul Of Andoria welcomes you. You will be a great addition.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dupe .....................................
sorry

dartor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It will be great to see you in our fine arena. Aruak has a lot of good managers there.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic