New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Unusual Graduation?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got my 52nd graduate, and 4th WS, but his graduation has me mildly puzzled. I assumed he pushed one of his 3 Ex ratings (INI,PAR,ATT) to AdEx but when I got the turn back he received another Ex in an area I didn't expect to be one of the "Vital" areas that count for ratings towards graduation for a WS.

He has either 85 or 86 total skills so nowhere near that counting towards an early graduation. It was his 29th FE, all in arena with no tourney FE, so he didn't hit a lower standard toward graduation. He already had 3 ratings, none AdEx, so the only thing that changed was his new rating. BTW he had 26 PP so that wasn't it either.

His ratings were:
EXpert: ATT,INI,PAR

He got his 4th EXpert this turn in ..... DEC?! This is not what I assume to be a rating that counts towards graduation for a WS, and besides he has no AdEx ratings and has less than 40 FE. It was his favorite area of learn, not sure this means anything whatsoever; never have noticed it to be in my other graduates.

Any ideas on what triggered his graduation?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Just got my 52nd graduate, and 4th WS, but his graduation has me mildly puzzled. I assumed he pushed one of his 3 Ex ratings (INI,PAR,ATT) to AdEx but when I got the turn back he received another Ex in an area I didn't expect to be one of the "Vital" areas that count for ratings towards graduation for a WS.

He has either 85 or 86 total skills so nowhere near that counting towards an early graduation. It was his 29th FE, all in arena with no tourney FE, so he didn't hit a lower standard toward graduation. He already had 3 ratings, none AdEx, so the only thing that changed was his new rating. BTW he had 26 PP so that wasn't it either.

His ratings were:

He got his 4th EXpert this turn in ..... DEC?! This is not what I assume to be a rating that counts towards graduation for a WS, and besides he has no AdEx ratings and has less than 40 FE. It was his favorite area of learn, not sure this means anything whatsoever; never have noticed it to be in my other graduates.

Seems like that skill level is plenty for graduation. Did he get his 14th win that turn?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

His ratings were:

Seems like that skill level is plenty for graduation. Did he get his 14th win that turn?

Nope but good point that I failed to mention he has a 17-12-1 record upon invite. As to the skill level I was more speaking of the chart that Assur has for graduation ( http://www.duel2.info/graduation.html).

He mentions that 165 skills seems to be a manual pull, likely the ones we see Lee make in the NL, and he mentions one is 125 skills and 10 wins with a ?? for Political Points (PP).

So I was speaking more to the earlier than the normal 14 win, 17 PP, and 3 ratings graduation. He lists ATT, INI, and PAR as specific rating areas for WS. I've had 3 specific area Ex and not graduated with warriors before so I think under a certain skill level the 3 ratings is more specifically 1 AdEx and 1 Ex in the specific skill areas.

Edit- In case someone was thinking I made a bookkeeping error I double checked!

Tobir
Turn 719- 91 recognition - 2PP - Got his 3rd Ex which was ATT, INI came first on turn 705, Par came 2nd on turn 718
Turn 720- 107 recognition and DM - 7PP
Turn 721- 113 recognition and DM - 12PP
Turn 722- 92 recognition - 14PP
Turn 723 - 92 recognition - 16PP
Turn 724 - 103 recognition and DM - 21PP

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll give 3 possible explanations, in my own perceived order of likelihood:

1) One of your turns on the throne didn't get counted for PP's. There is definitely some weird stuff that goes on with PP's in arenas at times. I've had warriors seemingly graduate early and also not get an invite when they hit 17. I believe most of the time, it happens when turns are rerun, so the players aren't going to be aware of when this happens. Why warriors sometimes have too few makes less sense than why they'd have extra, but I have seen this before.

2) We don't understand completely how skills are counted. We've always said 3 ratings in appropriate areas where expert = 1 and adv exp or higher counts as 2. Maybe this counting system isn't correct.

3) The automatic graduation program didn't run or didn't catch your WOS the prior turn.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would sure suck if somebody had a warrior who didn't graduate due to a program not running to pull it or PPs not being counted.

I have a off-topic question. If you recall, Assur, my "Broken Aimer" from a few years back who died in his 60th fight, with plenty of PP and well over 14 wins, would he get pulled manually even if he didn't TC or TV the dead tourney? Just your opinion is fine, or others as well. I see no shot at him TVing a dead 30+ FE tourney ever .... would he ever get a manual pull? I'm guessing no; especially with a current skill level of ONE and no ratings ... but if I'm wrong I'd be more than willing to blow $7 to run him in October; and run in a tourney for the first time in over 4-5 years!

Thomas Jefferson
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I have a off-topic question. If you recall, Assur, my "Broken Aimer" from a few years back who died in his 60th fight, with plenty of PP and well over 14 wins, would he get pulled manually even if he didn't TC or TV the dead tourney? Just your opinion is fine, or others as well. I see no shot at him TVing a dead 30+ FE tourney ever .... would he ever get a manual pull? I'm guessing no; especially with a current skill level of ONE and no ratings ... but if I'm wrong I'd be more than willing to blow $7 to run him in October; and run in a tourney for the first time in over 4-5 years!

Manual pulls of dead warriors have been rare (and possibly mistakes) so I'd say no. When it has happened, I believe the manual pulls have all been about having skill levels that were manual pulls in basic, which this guy wouldn't meet.
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duplicate post deleted

Last edited by Crip on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Manual pulls of dead warriors have been rare (and possibly mistakes) so I'd say no. When it has happened, I believe the manual pulls have all been about having skill levels that were manual pulls in basic, which this guy wouldn't meet.

I believe the 2nd para is Assur's.

I also believe the odd cases I remember where it has happened are cases where a highly skilled warrior TV's (or TC's) the Dead Challenger's tourney, but the owner of said dead warrior doesn't resurrect only to enter him in the Dead Challenger's again the next year.
Quote:
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's what I thought but I figured I'd see if there was something I was unaware of.

What a nightmare that was. I had thought I needed 100 FE or one rating until Assur mentioned it may have been the "Worst loss he'd ever seen!"
I was unaware of the 14 wins, 17 PP, 60 FE no rating graduation point!

I had become impatient with the purposes of better endurance and getting the "can withstand limitless amounts of punishment" I burned his WL from 14 to 16. But under the old rules he could have been +3 INI/+9 ATT/+2 PAR/+6 DEF; though I had heard RSI had corrected the "broken" warrior system where a warrior would learn skills all the way up to Ex, even past 20. But since when has RSI changed code Laughing we've still yet to see the test arena to fix weapon damage that we talked to Lee, in chat, about 3 or 4 years ago!

Crack Baby 14-4279 (24-36-0) upon his death on turn 675. 14-21(2)-20-4-16(2)-9-4 AB started off with bases of -7/-3/-13/-6/-10/5. Upon his death, including burned skills at 15 WL, -3/4/-2/-1/-6/8 so he actually had ZERO skill total! He of the 72 minute win over a 7' TP, named Pamper Packer, on turn 543!

CRACK BABY outwaited PAMPER PACKER in a slow 72 minute Challenge fight.

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a014t543.htm

Guess I will likely never again see him! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad RIP

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic