New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - which offensive??
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
You can reach a bunch of important breakpoints and still be a quite viable ST, BA,LU,SL (in that order for me)! 13-3-16-11-14-9-6 -----> 13-3-16-17-17-9-11 (style preferences above^)

13-3-16-17-20-9-8 --> BA 12/6/8/-1/1/10 add a point to WL and DF (guaranteed with 20WL out the gate) --> BA 12/6/11/2/4/11

I like this one more as a burner than anything else, whatever style you choose. Therefore, I prefer that 20 WL and the quick skills/abilities that will come from just two stat raises.... it's my opinion...that high WL fighters tend to get bonuses more than lower WL fighters.

My biggest issue with it is that my BA starts with 1 MORE RIP but 1 less DEC at inception, then yours after 2 trains, and gets 2 turns of skill learns instead of stat trains. If I could hit all the breakpoints (17 WT, 17 WL, and 11 DF) and still have 3 points to get to 20 WL I'd go there - instead I'd personally prefer the 2 turns for skill trains....

Understand what you're saying and I agree, sort of. However, I'm focusing on the idea that this is a BURNER (to me). Smile

Also, I have had lousy luck raising stats with anything less than 19 WL. One guy went four times (with a 17 WL) before he could raise a stat --- the FIRST time!! I'm also figuring that I'm going to have to raise CN sooner or later, and bump ST to 15 to get the maul, greatsword, and probably//hopefully a higher damage rating. This guy isn't going to be hugely successful, but has the potential to be 'overall' successful (avoiding random matchups as much as possible) and a definite asset to his team. I see him more as a scum and parry-whatever threat, with the endurance to go a good three or four minutes hitting hard. But, IMO, that's going to take stat raises and a 'long term' view. Very Happy

Without calling it a 'burner', your design is definitely better. Wink

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I won't tell you about my 9 WL guy who I accidentally left on maintenance after a 2nd train of DF who on his first try got a third train! NOPE! I will not mention it .... and I will not clarify, after NOT mentioning it, that all 3 trains came in 3 tries total! Not gonna' say it! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I won't tell you about my 9 WL guy who I accidentally left on maintenance after a 2nd train of DF who on his first try got a third train! NOPE! I will not mention it .... and I will not clarify, after NOT mentioning it, that all 3 trains came in 3 tries total! Not gonna' say it! Laughing

Well, goody goody! In return, I won't mention the handful of fighters (with 17+ WL) that have not been able to raise a stat on their FIRST try... it's something like four or five guys in the past two years... because that would open up a pointless argument... Confused

To elucidate -- I believe that a "burner" or "Dixie Cup" or "mutant" warrior is one that is designed with the expectation that almost every stat will be raised. Therefore, it follows that if one had a series of unfortunate experiences attempting to raise stats with other "mutants", one's reluctance to take points away from WL might be clarified and justified.

We really must play some poker sometime. I love playing with guys who trust in their luck! Cool

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah it was an aberration I don't usually get that lucky on trains!

Luck? I'm too good at Poker to rely on luck!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic