New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - MMA Musings
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BWAHAHAHAHA Spider pulled his usual cocky $#!{ and tried to embarrass, and mock, his opponent (whom he said was an inferior striker but had all the other tools) .... as per his usual .... and got KO'd for his troubles!

He says he doesn't want a rematch and doesn't want to fight for the title anymore but intends to fulfill the 10 fight contract he just signed, this was fight one of it. WTH does he plan to do fight scrubs and pull his hands down shimmy against mid-level contenders? If he says he doesn't want to fight for a title anymore I guess HE'S the one backing out of Super Fights, and title matches, now!

The punk FINALLY got PUNKED!

That left me at 8 for 11. Wish I had some money to have laid on these fights!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6-2 not bad. Silva deserved to get beat, he needs to start taking these fights seriously. That showboating really bugs me. Silva still wants those superfights with Jones and GSP. I believe we will see one.

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So happy to see that. I hate that clowning crap and he got what he deserved.

When Anderson fights respectful and on point he is a juggernaut. When he clowns around and does his BS I hate it. So disrespectful of the sport and opponent.

Loved seeing him KTFO!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't really follow MMA closely at all anymore, but was surprised and amused to see Silva finally get taken down, basically on his own jack-assery and lack of respect for his opponent. I bet Dana White was pissed!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to call my shot:

Korean Zombie over Aldo!

Not by Twister though! Laughing

Looking to see if "Uncle Creepy" can get a UFC win.

I expect Machida to disassemble Davis!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It appears Moraes surprised himself getting that Triangle almost by accident. Talking about taking a win from "Guard". He swept him directly into a Mounted Triangle that Magny had NOOOO chance of EVER getting out of! Pretty incredible move luck or purposefully done.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From everything I've read, I don't buy PPVs, Machida was ROBBED! Most observers had it 30-27 Machida.

Link to the Fight Metrics:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/08/davis-vs-machida-official-ufc-statistics.html

Well was wrong on the Korean Zombie. I was reading that Aldo looked to be fading .... guess NOT! Sounds like he may have broken Jung's arm with a high kick that the Zombie blocked. Their calling it a win by shoulder injury (TKO)!

Edit- Make that a dislocated shoulder.

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The shoulder was hurt while he was throwing a punch. I feel bad for the zombie, tough way to lose.

I had Machida 29-28, but these things can always go the other way. He did not dominate Davis for sure. Davis' stand up is way improved.

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zombie had zero chance in that fight. It was all Aldo with whatever he wanted really.

As far as the Machida fight, I had it 29-28 Machida, but it could have gone either way honestly. Everyone is over reacting a bit. I think Machida did do enough to win but the first and second rounds were pretty much even and could have gone either way. 3rd round should have went to Machida. This sport still needs its own sancitioning body for refs, it is pretty retarded.

Street_Legal wrote:
From everything I've read, I don't buy PPVs, Machida was ROBBED! Most observers had it 30-27 Machida.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/08/davis-vs-machida-official-ufc-statistics.html

Well was wrong on the Korean Zombie. I was reading that Aldo looked to be fading .... guess NOT! Sounds like he may have broken Jung's arm with a high kick that the Zombie blocked. Their calling it a win by shoulder injury (TKO)!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Zombie had zero chance in that fight. It was all Aldo with whatever he wanted really.

As far as the Machida fight, I had it 29-28 Machida, but it could have gone either way honestly. Everyone is over reacting a bit. I think Machida did do enough to win but the first and second rounds were pretty much even and could have gone either way. 3rd round should have went to Machida. This sport still needs its own sancitioning body for refs, it is pretty retarded.

Street_Legal wrote:

That's the biggest need I believe. There's too many bad decisions coming out. You have Boxing judges, who struggle to get those fights decided right *cough* Timothy Bradley *cough*, judging these bouts. Considering it's a "relatively" new sport that has grown exponentially to think a Boxing judge can judge any and every combat sport is ridiculous! I'm sure a good many of them have a good idea of what "Octagon Control" is but I think you're better off separating Boxing judges from MMA judges and letting each set of judges get experience in their sport and their sport only. How do judges from a "Striking" sport judge a heavy punch versus a takedown? I would say a takedown, with at least 5-10 seconds of being on top, should equally 3-4 "solid" punches. 20-30 seconds of top control 5-6 "solid punches" but then again how dominant was the top position? I've seen a great number of guys score better from guard then the guy on top of them. How does a Boxing judge score a near successful Kimura? A D'arce choke held on for 10 seconds then given up by the applier or broken by the defender? It's a lot to know and I have been watching this RELIGIOUSLY for almost 5 years, if it's on I'm watching it most likely (I've seen so many fights 8-10 times it's sick), and I still find myself getting it wrong. And I don't mean wrong based on the judges but when I say oh yeah "so and so won that round" and the announcers will point the other guy out, and they know more than me!

I don't know where you get this pool of new judges from but I'm sure that enough people with knowledge of the sport can be found! Ex-fighters who fought at low levels, different martial arts instructors (not trainers who may have biases), plenty of very knowledgable fans as well. If you concentrate on one thing, and one thing only you almost have to improve. If you split your time between judging 2 different sports both will suffer. Do they have Gymnastics judges judging Diving? HELL NO!

Yeah most I've seen, in regards to Machida, said round 1 and 3 were CLEARLY won by him but round 2 could go either way. And yet I have yet to find a writer who scored it anything but 30-27.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Urijah Faber just made an example of Iuri Alcantara. Pissed him off by taking the first half of round one and Urijah decided he wasn't going to play around. With Five 5 round fights he knew he could push it with "all he had" for ALL 3 rounds no problem! First fight I've seen tonight, just got back from Golfing, but I'd think it would be hard to beat it for "Fight of the Night" bonus! I'm hoping Iuri Alcantara will get paid for all that punishment he took, 30-27, 30-26, 30-26

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now KO of the Night! Travis Browne KOs Overeem!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now Submission of the Night? Sonnen over Rua by guillotine Choke!

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Overall a very solid card for the new Foxsports 1. I liked how Dana gave 2 knockouts and 2 submissons of the night. How about Travis Brown surviving the onslaught and ending it with a front kick to the face! Bravo!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I particularly liked the Browne KO over a guy who not only was suspected of steroid use but has also been suspended for steroid use. I mean a guy who gains 60 pounds and has had to cut weight to make the 265 limit when he used to fight at 205 is there any shock he had a dirty sample?

And bummer for him that he now tests low, 179 after the Silva fight and during a suspension test,(under 300 is low, under 250 can qualify you for a Testosterone Replacement Therapy exemption), because the Commission rule that if you test low due to previous steroid use you can NOT qualify for an exemption! They even said had his test, after the Silva fight, come back at 400 it would have been suspicious due to his mid-suspension test levels! And generally extended, or extensive, steroid use shrinks the testes and reduces their future Testosterone production. So even if it isn't due to prior steroid use his previous dirty test means the commission automatically makes that assumption; and wisely too IMHO!

Sonnen is an example of a guy who does have the TRT exemption to tie this subject together with a "Fox 1 card bow"!

Here's an excerpt from a story I found:

While Overeem was sitting out the nine-month period before he could reapply for a license, one of the things he did was on several occasions provide the Nevada commission with results of both blood and urine tests. In all of those tests taken during periods when he did not have a fight coming, the 32-year-old Overeem blood level reading was consistently in the 180 nanograms per deciliter.

"We would have had a problem if the test came back at 400 (a normal level)," said Kizer. "But it's not happy for him because he has low testosterone."

Nevada's ruling is that if someone's testosterone level is low due to previous steroid use, even though they may need the therapy to live a relatively normal life, the prior cheating excludes them from being able to use it. The subject is controversial because there is no real way to prove what low testosterone came from, whether it was due to usage of steroids, or a different medical issue.

A reading below 300 would be considered low, and under 250 is low enough to open up risks of an assortment of health problems. Low testosterone leads to a variety of problems, among them diminished aggressiveness, decreased strength, diminished red blood cells (decreasing the oxygen carrying capacity in the blood and causing a decrease in stamina) and overall sluggishness.

He competed at around 227 pounds early on as a heavyweight, but then rapidly added muscle, seemingly every time he fought, until plateauing at about 262 pounds.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic