New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Record Keeping
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Guido
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do you all keep track of your warriors' trains, etc? I cobbled together a spreadsheet, but my Excel skills are rudimentary at best. Way back when, I used some sheets my brother came up with for marking stuff, but I don't have the original file, and don't want to use copies of copies of copies. Any suggestions?
Guido
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just write information at the bottom of my warriors overview. If i want to keep information on opponents, I write it in a notebook, or I just re-read the fight.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here! I put sills learned at the bottom of the overview and I put skill bases, and figure bonuses, and burned skills in the upper right of the overview.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guido wrote:
How do you all keep track of your warriors' trains, etc? I cobbled together a spreadsheet, but my Excel skills are rudimentary at best. Way back when, I used some sheets my brother came up with for marking stuff, but I don't have the original file, and don't want to use copies of copies of copies. Any suggestions?
Guido

I too use the ol pen to overview method.

That being said I do have an excel spread sheet I created that works if you like. It is rather large.

That being said....I have plans to create a single page overview/skill/trains sheet at some point.

If you PM me your email I can send you a copy of what I have and then I can send you the single pager upon completion

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a simple column graph style sheet that I use, for recording skills. It is an excel spreadsheet that I made, based on another one I saw at a F2F many years ago, and I will gladly provide one to anyone who wants it. It works out quite well if you use a binder for your overviews, so you can put it on the left side with your clean overview on the right. Just send a PM with your email address and I'll shoot one over.

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an Excel sheet of my own design. I've automated everything except trained skills on it. I'll be happy to share it with you if you are interested.

My email is rebelnerfherder at yahoo dot com

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium uses a lot of "manual" along with a little Excel.

Each warrior (That's a lot!) has a front cover sheet (cover to the profile) with manual listing of every fight and data from that fight. The warrior's profile sheet has a section for skills (birth, learned, burned), for weapon results, and skill/stat learn rates.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry - We really do not do all that twice; rather, we just double-post due to impatience.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Guido
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, thanks for all the replies! Everyone has been most helpful. Very Happy
Guido
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guido wrote:
Wow, thanks for all the replies! Everyone has been most helpful. Very Happy
Guido

We fear any guy named Guido so just wanted to not make you angry! Laughing "Never piss off a guy named Guido" is a pretty decent motto I think!

Anyways your a returning manager of some note are you not? Were you not a Frothingslosh at some point? If so what was your name? All Hail Biff! Laughing

When the board slows a bit can be a great time to ask a question because people are coming here and saying to themselves, "Somebody needs to post something! But I don't have anything interesting to post so I hope someone else does!!!" Besides those of us who still post here generally like to help people when we can and if they aren't looking for any individual's "secrets"! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Guido
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Relax, no mob connections here! Actually, I couldn't come up with a manager name when I first started, so I used my dog's name. He was named for a character on Saturday Night Live. I don't really remember much about the character, just liked the name. As for being a manager of note, I fear you mistake me. I was not a Frothingslosh, though I did have a pretty nice record in Talahya when I went into retirement.
Guido
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guido wrote:
Relax, no mob connections here! Actually, I couldn't come up with a manager name when I first started, so I used my dog's name. He was named for a character on Saturday Night Live. I don't really remember much about the character, just liked the name. As for being a manager of note, I fear you mistake me. I was not a Frothingslosh, though I did have a pretty nice record in Talahya when I went into retirement.
Guido

Well get some mob connections! It helps. Cool
Welcome aboard.

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back.

Here is a link to some things returning players might want. It includes my warrior record keeping spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B_GugEukwTCWNTk5ZGQyODQtZDRhNy00ZDE1LThiNmUtNDkxMjg5Nzc5ZDNh

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic