New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2013 NCAA Football
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well both my Michigan teams (Michigan and, of course, secondly Michigan State) avoided upset weekend and games that should NOT have been close going down to the wire, virtually. Considering so far 6 Non-FBS teams defeated FBS teams I'll certainly take it! Both defeating in-state teams (Central and Western). What a crazy weekend and it ain't over yet, I even watched the WVU versus William & Mary as it was really a pretty good game!

How about the #25 Beavers (of Oregon State) getting eaten by the Eagles (of E. Washington). Hey get your minds out of the gutter! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While it was a fantastic w/e for the major SC teams.

CLEMSON rules! (What a game over #5 Georgia - Tigers 38, Bulldogs 35)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

How about the #25 Beavers (of Oregon State) getting eaten by the Eagles (of E. Washington). Hey get your minds out of the gutter! Laughing

Go Eagles!!!

Mannequin, proud Eastern Washington University alum

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two time defending NCAA D1AA-FCS champions NSDU Bison knock off Kansas state at their house to open the season, 24-21...the Herd thunders on!! If they win the FCS again this year, they'll be D1A bound within 5 years IMO.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All great and amazing stuff!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Two time defending NCAA D1AA-FCS champions NSDU Bison knock off Kansas state at their house to open the season, 24-21...the Herd thunders on!! If they win the FCS again this year, they'll be D1A bound within 5 years IMO.

Do they have the enrollment to make it into the FBS? I'm not sure there's an actual number I'm just curious as to how large the school is.

Congrats to Mannequin as well! Go Eagles! (Doubles for my Eastern Michigan Eagles too so I don't feel like a bandwagon jumper Laughing )

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Congrats to Mannequin as well! Go Eagles! (Doubles for my Eastern Michigan Eagles too so I don't feel like a bandwagon jumper Laughing )

Thanks!

EWU has a much better football program now than they did while I was student (1993-1995). I think a lot of that has to do with the scholarship reductions for the FBS schools. The FCS schools get less scholarships than the FBS schools. Fewer scholarships for FBS players makes it easier for the FCS schools to offer scholarships in hopes of landing a few good players they couldn't get in years past.

The perennial powers of college football can still get great players to play for them even if they don't get full rides. That's why there is so much parity outside the Top-10 in college football today.

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here we go again with FBS (Div. 1) teams losing, or almost losing, to lower division teams! For a guy who likes to root for underdogs I am actually NOT liking this as much as you'd expect. What was it 7 or 8 last week and now:

almost losses or too close games:

Samford(1-1) 7 0 14 0 21
*Arkansas(2-0)« 14 3 0 14 31

Richmond(1-1) 7 14 0 0 21
*North Carolina State(2-0)« 3 10 7 3 23

James Madison(1-1) 13 0 11 9 33
*Akron(1-1)« 0 14 14 7 35

Portland State(1-1) 14 9 7 0 30
*California(1-1)« 10 17 10 0 37

New Hampshire(0-1) 6 7 0 8 21
*Central Michigan(1-1)« 0 0 7 17 24

Indiana State(0-2) 0 0 7 7 14
*Purdue(1-1)« 7 3 7 3 20

Montana State(1-1) 8 14 8 0 30
*Southern Methodist(1-1)« 5 14 3 9 31

Central Arkansas 0 14 3 7 24
*Colorado 7 7 3 21 38

AND THE LOSSES:

*Maine(2-0)« 3 7 14 0 24
Massachusetts(0-2) 7 0 0 7 14

*Chattanooga(1-1)« 14 7 14 7 42
Georgia State(0-2) 0 0 0 14 14

*Nicholls State(1-1)« 14 7 0 6 27
Western Michigan(0-2) 0 9 14 0 23

*- Winner

OH yeah and Duke is 2-0 Shocked even though they played NC Central (first shutout since 1989, 45-0, when Steve Spurrier was their coach and the last year they had a winning record at 8-4 Razz ) and Memphis. Rolling Eyes

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a game as an NCAA record largest ever crowd of 115,109 got to see MICHIGAN WOLVERINES take out those nasty Irish:

Notre Dame #14(1-1) 7 6 7 10 30
Michigan #17(2-0)« 10 17 7 7 41

Despite THE DUMBEST play I have EVER seen by, new, #98 Devin Gardner, up by 14 with 12:06 to play, on 3rd down backs up 11+ yards into his end zone trying to escape the rush and while in the grasp throws the ball away, about 5 yards in the air right into the hands of a 320-lb D-lineman for a TD. He has to know 1) Don't take a sack, 2) DON'T commit a turnover, 3) If a rusher comes free pull it down and just take a sack or run FORWARD, 4) DON'T scramble into the end zone, 5) A safety is better than a turnover or a TD, 6) Your already on the way to the ground so Intentional Grounding in the End Zone is a Safety anyways so hang onto the ball!

Anyway GREAT win in front of a record crowd. Brady Hoke is now 16-0 at Michigan Stadium! So strange to see a QB wear #98 but they reactivated the "Hero Number" to honor their first ever Heisman winner Tom Harmon and chose to give it to Gardner who will wear it until he leaves Michigan.

M GO BLUE!

Thomas Jefferson
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Miami vs Florida game, Miami brought it to say the least.

Glad my Vols are 2-0, but will have more than enough to deal with next week against Oregon.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Go TIGERS.
Clemson #4 at 2-0.
The ACC is hot!
Miami dumps Florida!
(sorry, Trip)

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was an AWESOME Football day to me, minus those pesky FCS teams pissing me off. I watched most of the Miami(Fla.)/Florida game, it was awesome due to game play not because I had a dog in the fight (sorry from me too Trip), then the Michigan game!

Oh and did anyone see the Michigan State issue? Another weather delay due to lightning, just like the first game, but the Students refused to leave the stands so in steps Tom Izzo to save the foolish Spartans (my second team but I am ALWAYS a Wolverine first Exclamation ).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tom-izzo-sits-michigan-state-students-bribing-them-190130514--ncaaf.html

Izzo trying to ensure lives are not lost, he even mentioned "See that Ugly Orange stuff, and that Putrid Yellow stuff that reminds me of Michigan Mad ".

This is a must watch and I even avoided Youtube so Consortium would watch it! He promises to sit in the middle of the Student Section IF they go to safety under the stands in the concourses, or whatnot! [b]WHAT A CLASS ACT and a truly good person. He didn't have to do it or even bother but he did and even organized the evacuation, they didn't like bottom first top last so he says "OK top first lets go," in the midst of the incoming storm!

The motto at the college isn't "SPARTY HEARTY" for nothing Laughing Cool Shocked

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was an AWESOME Football day to me, minus those pesky FCS teams pissing me off. I watched most of the Miami(Fla.)/Florida game, it was awesome due to game play not because I had a dog in the fight (sorry from me too Trip), then the Michigan game!

Oh and did anyone see the Michigan State issue? Another weather delay due to lightning, just like the first game, but the Students refused to leave the stands so in steps Tom Izzo to save the foolish Spartans (my second team but I am ALWAYS a Wolverine first Exclamation ).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tom-izzo-sits-michigan-state-students-bribing-them-190130514--ncaaf.html

Izzo trying to ensure lives are not lost, he even mentioned "See that Ugly Orange stuff, and that Putrid Yellow stuff that reminds me of Michigan Mad ".

This is a must watch and I even avoided Youtube so Consortium would watch it! He promises to sit in the middle of the Student Section IF they go to safety under the stands in the concourses, or whatnot! WHAT A CLASS ACT and a truly good person. He didn't have to do it or even bother but he did and even organized the evacuation, they didn't like bottom first top last so he says "OK top first lets go," in the midst of the incoming storm!

The motto at the college isn't "SPARTY HEARTY" for nothing Laughing Cool Shocked

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WHAT A GAME! Hope nobody went under the 67.5 in the Indiana/Michigan game! Laughing

Michigan won 63-47.

There were almost that many points scored in the second half (65). Indiana runs a slightly quicker, that's all it could be, version of the Oregon no huddle hurry-up. It was a crazy game in which Devin Gardner threw for 503 yards. None of this BS like in the Penn State game of playing "not to lose" and hoping for FGs.

Hope everyone caught this record breaking game, Michigan records, as this was not the Bo Schembechler , "4 yards and a cloud of dust," Wolverines! There was 1,323 yards of total offense, on 159 plays Shocked , between the two teams (751 Michigan 572 Indiana) Exclamation

Oh yeah and Jeremy Gallon caught 14 passes for 369 yards! Cool

And Michigan State won.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OUCH. Barring a big comeback we're going to have to console all bajillion Consurtiumites! Crying or Very sad

I hate FSU!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic