New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2013
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I think it's time to tear down Lambeau Field. I'm getting a little sick of the place already. If this game didn't prove that Megatron is the league MVP, Most Valuable Player not Best Player necessarily, then I don't know what will. Without Johnson there was little threat of a Passing game and GB just played a straight defense and locked down Reggie Bush.

I'm starting the "Tear down Lambeau Field" petition right here and now! Laughing

Oh and the Vikings sign Josh Freeman? How many starting QBs does Minnesota need? Rolling Eyes

Instead of tearing down the money-makers, let's just eliminate all the default cities from the NFL and clean things up? Wink Cool Razz

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dupe - runnin' slow

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

triplett - really, really running slow! Crying or Very sad

Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think someone is cranky that his Lions have not won in Wisconsin for 23 years! Smile

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:
I think someone is cranky that his Lions have not won in Wisconsin for 23 years! Smile

I haven't figured out how, YET, but there MUST be cheating involved! I mean in 22, not 23, years you have to accidentally win a game right?

Disclaimer- We've lost there 22 years in a row and 1 playoff game that's where the number of 23 straight comes from! Get it right Cheesebrain! Laughing

All in good fun my fellow MMA lover. But do NOT make me get you in the Octagon by winning in Lambeau next year!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Stillgard wrote:

I haven't figured out how, YET, but there MUST be cheating involved! I mean in 22, not 23, years you have to accidentally win a game right?

Disclaimer- We've lost there 22 years in a row and 1 playoff game that's where the number of 23 straight comes from! Get it right Cheesebrain! Laughing

All in good fun my fellow MMA lover. But do NOT make me get you in the Octagon by winning in Lambeau next year!

Let us make sure we understand this ...... does Detroit have a team in the NFL?

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Stillgard wrote:

Let us make sure we understand this ...... does Detroit have a team in the NFL?

Shocked Ouch how did the fine area of Detroit deserve that one? May you never graduate another warrior! Razz

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My condolences to the Vikes AD on the loss of his 2 year old son. If the circumstances of the death are true I hope that dirt bag boyfriend of the mother lives a LONG and TORTURED life! Mad They don't like child molesters/killers in prison!

This guy, the boyfriend, had been given suspended sentences for domestic abuse last year. It appears both the legal system and the mother failed this young helpless child. And yet we jail people, at an alarming rate, for long prison terms for simple drug possession charges. We REALLY need to make a change to our legal system and give victims of domestic abuse better help, and counseling, to stay away from abusive people!

I mean just look at this fool's history:

A check of Patterson’s criminal background in South Dakota reveals nine pages of trouble.

Court documents reveal the 27 year old has been arrested multiple times on various charges. He was arrested in 2004 for violating a protection order, but that was later dropped by the prosecutor. A 2012 arrest for aggravated assault was also dismissed by a prosecutor. Patterson has served time in jail for Eluding officers in 2010. He was also sentenced to five days in jail after pleading guilty to simple assault last year.

Patterson was indicted on several counts of simple assault involving the woman and her 3-year-old son in June of 2012.

The woman took out a protection order against him in Lincoln County prior to his arrest, saying he had spanked her 3-year-old so hard for misbehaving in church that he needed ice for welts on his buttocks. When she got angry with him for it, she wrote, he made the children go to their rooms, pulled the shades, grabbed her by the throat and waved his fist in her face.

He stopped when their infant son began to cry. She also wrote that he had behaved violently in the past.

“He has threaten (sic) to kill me multiple times,” she wrote.

The woman took out temporary protection orders against him twice in Minnehaha County prior to the birth of their son.

Patterson was given a one-year jail term in each Lincoln County case, with all the time suspended on the condition he attend domestic violence counseling.

I mean he assaulted the mother and another one of her children and yet his sentences were set aside for counseling and yet if you get caught with an ounce of weed you can go to jail for up to 5 years, depending on the state, with little chance of having your sentence suspended in lieu of counseling/treatment. What a F***ed up system we have! We have the highest percentage of our population in jail of any country in the world and more than half are for victimless drug charges while child/woman abusers just get counseling Mad Mad Mad Exclamation

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a waste of a 5th round pick! Rookie punter boots a beautiful 27 yard punt with 40 seconds left to give the Bengals the ball at midfield and they take 2 plays and get a 54-yard FG. Embarassed

I know, I know he's been good but he choked in a tight situation and gave them a short field, might've cost us the game. Though they have AJ Green so it might not have mattered. Especially since he had an 82 yard TD earlier after breaking a tackle.

I'm still sore after the Tigers give up another Grand Slam to lose the series I guess. Grand Slam to lose game 1, Grand Slam to lose Game 6. What AWFUL bookends! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well can't say I'm unhappy the Lions and Bears both lost, now if the Browns would just come thru against Green Bay, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen!

Street, I watched the highlights of the lions game, that one jump ball in the end zone for Megatron was amazing, reminded me a lot of Moss' glory days in Minnesota.

Should be interesting at least tomorrow night for the Vikes/Giants, with another new QB starting for the purple, and who knows how the Giants are gonna play. Ever since the 41-0 playoff loss in '99 the Vikes have kind of had their number (maybe even before that in '97!), so I have no idea how it will go really.

Adrian's thing was tough, but sounds like he had never met the kid and only found out it was his like 2 months prior. Guess he is turning into quite the baby-daddy the way things are sounding, too bad. The season's in the scrap heap for them at this point, so I'm not getting too worked up over anything past this point.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah! Triple coverage??? No problem it's MEGATRON! Laughing Oh yeah he has a bad knee still to boot.

When it's all said and done, knock on wood, Calvin may be the greatest receiver EVER. H's not quite as fast as Moss (4.26 versus 4.32 40-time) but he's an inch taller and 25 pounds heavier. When he's got a full head of steam try and stop him, you see DBs trying to knock his feet out from him by grabbing his ankles rather than trying to drill him. Although he did take a helmet to helmet shot earlier in the game; his helmet flew off 10 yards at least.

I've had fun since we first bet on the Lions/Vikes finishing better, and losing a RU to you and Sentinel (where is that silly SZ 3 midget anyways?) ripping and congratulating each other on our teams. I always hated the Vikes because Bud Grant would come slaughter us. And then the Metrodome Turf Monster ate Billy Sims knee. Mad Mad Mad I still think he may have been a hair better than Barry Sanders, but then we'll never know due to that HORRIBLE turf with 800 seams in it! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

My Dad always got tickets from his company, Bristol Myers, to take Doctor's out and try and convert them to prescribing his company's drugs (I always joke that my Dad was a drug dealer ... Pharmaceutical Rep Laughing ) and I think most times we saw the Vikings; at least 3 times that I can recall; the days of Tommy Kramer, Steve Dils, and Wade Wlson and Darrin Nelson and Alfred Anderson. Only saw the Packers once and Bears once. Good times right (our youth I mean, if only we knew we were living in the best times of our lives back then)!

AD seems to be turning into Shawn Kemp. I think it makes it a bit worse for him because it "seems" like the kids he knows he really cares about, and he'll never get to know this one. I hope that F**ker (not AD of course, the other guy) gets beat everyday in prison to within an inch of his life!!!!!!

You better hope Freeman works out because Ponder is demanding a trade because Zygi has burnt that bridge now! Your getting a taste of the 3-headed monster (Ware/Kramer/Peete etc.) that my team went through for the last 20 years! Laughing

Thomas Jefferson
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone knew Ponder was a major reach when they drafted him. They are projecting next years draft is going to be loaded for QB's with Manziel, Bridgewater, Boyd, Murray, Mariota, McCarron, Renner etc... So let Ponder go because you could get a very good young QB as late as late 2nd round.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Everyone knew Ponder was a major reach when they drafted him. They are projecting next years draft is going to be loaded for QB's with Manziel, Bridgewater, Boyd, Murray, Mariota, McCarron, Renner etc... So let Ponder go because you could get a very good young QB as late as late 2nd round.

I've heard a lot of people talking about this deep QB class having a bunch of QBs that just are not NFL ready, or even NFL quality, Quarterbacks.

I'm seeing Renner projected as anywhere from 4th round to Free Agent status. Two draft projectors have him ranked 17th at the position, with the chance to climb the ranks.

Murray (8-10 at the position) and McCarron (9-11) are both projected 2-3 round.

I don't know if any of these guys will survive the NFL. I'm not convinced by Manziel, Bridgewater, or Mariotta as NFL types. Many of them remind me of Cam Newton and I'm down on ePaper here, you can check it out, that I said Newton would be a bust and he sure is looking like one after that great first year. I didn't like his inaccurate arm and his faults at reading disguised defenses like you face in the NFL.

I was down on Ponder due to those injuries and surgeries on his throwing arm and his tendency to lock on targets pretty much guiding the Safety to his passes.

It's hard to tell with RG3 because of the injury but I'm not sold on him either. He at least has an accurate arm though.

To be honest of this group I like Aaron Murray, Mettenberger, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Bryn Renner as NFL players. The rest are kind of meh.. to me. Renner is a 4 year starter isn't he? Garroppolo went 34-49 for 450 yards with 6 TDs against 22nd ranked Northern Illinois who are 7-0. Had them up 39-36 with about 10 minutes left. They lost 43-39, and he has broken Romo's school records for TDs and Yards Passing (which I think was Sean Payton's record). Don't laugh at me EIU puts out some quality QBs and this kid will have close to 12,000 yards or more when all is said and done.

Here's where NFL Draft Scout has them projected right now. The first number is the projected position they're picked at.The number after the position is rank at the position. The very last number is their projected round.

1 Teddy Bridgewater QB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3 205 1
3 Marcus Mariota QB 2 Oregon rSo 6-4 212 1
5 Brett Hundley QB 3 UCLA rSo 6-3 222 1
9 Johnny Manziel QB 4 Texas A&M rSo 5-11 210 1
15 Tajh Boyd QB 5 Clemson rSr 6-1 225 1
24 Zach Mettenberger QB 6 LSU rSr 6-5 235 1-2
41 Derek Carr QB 7 Fresno State rSr 6-3 215 2
68 Aaron Murray QB 8 Georgia rSr 6-1 208 2-3
76 Stephen Morris QB 9 Miami (Fla.) Sr 6-2 218 2-3
94 A.J. McCarron QB 10 Alabama rSr 6-3 214 3
130 David Fales QB 11 San Jose State Sr 6-2 220 4
154 Jimmy Garoppolo QB 12 Eastern Illinois Sr 6-2 222 4-5
177 Logan Thomas QB 13 Virginia Tech rSr 6-6 254 5-6
233 Jeff Mathews QB 14 Cornell Sr 6-3 224 6-7
263 Keith Price QB 15 Washington rSr 6-1 202 7-FA
278 Kenny Guiton QB 16 Ohio State rSr 6-2 208 7-FA
285 Bryn Renner QB 17 North Carolina rSr 6-2 225 7-FA
293 Tom Savage QB 18 Pittsburgh rSr 6-4 230 7-FA
314 Keith Wenning QB 19 Ball State Sr 6-2 220 7-FA

See Stik your NEXT savior is just a year away! Laughing (Oh how I suffered this for 20 years Mad .... Lord please let Stafford's shoulder stay in it's socket Laughing )

I don't mean to sound preachy or know it all in all these threads I just have way too much time to fill in every day - unable to work. That's all. So I have time to spin around on the net so I won't go crazy staring at the TV. That and my Guitar are all that keeps me sane!

Am I sane? No your Not! Did I just answer myself? Who said that? I did! Rolling Eyes Shocked Cool Laughing

Thomas Jefferson
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Problem is that offense have changed in college football so their are going to be fewer and fewer pocket QB's like Luck, Manning and Brady in the draft.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very true but there are always going to be enough coaches coaching in a style that the NFL demands to keep a fairly good stream coming in. Kids want to go to a school that has a "Pro Style" system. Obviously the rules and many other things will come into play as to how the Pro game will shift and the "Pro Style" is ever evolving.

I wondered way back in the 80s why no team ever ran a Wishbone, Flexbone, Single Wing, Dole Wing, Option Offense, etc. I always thought there's enough College Players out there to feed the system who play those styles.

It just came down to when you're now looking at the Elite of the Elite of the Elite (College, HS, Junior High) you can't trick them with gimmicks. It's OK when the College team has 1 or 2 players who "might" make the pros, and the HS team has 1 or 2 players who "might" play in College. It has to do with the athleticism and intelligence of scheme.

That's the way it was explained to me by my HS coach. The guys who can run simply don't have to put in the time to learning to read a defense, until the Pros, because they're winning and dominating at the levels they're at until they hit the Pros and try and cram in 8 years of experience into 1 training camp.

I'd LOVE to see the variety of offenses in the Pros that we see in College but I just think we're only ever going to see 2 or 3 types of Passing offenses and just 1 basic run offense that complements the Pass (where we used to have Run-based teams now everyone has to be a Pass-based team and then they choose how much run they'll add in). I doubt the Triple-option will survive more than 3 or 4 years in the NFL.

I hope your right Visionist I REALLY do, because I find these guys exciting but RG3 already almost had his career ended in 1 year.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic